Season 22/23 Fixtures Released - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Season 22/23 Fixtures Released

13 minutes ago, EddardStark said:

Christmas Eve. Rangers away to Ross County. 7:45 KO. That's crazy. 

Where you seeing that?  1500 KO on the BBC link (games on the 28th are 19:45 and we're home to Motherwell).

9 hours ago, EddardStark said:

Would it have been crazy for any of the other teams to play at Ross County on Christmas Eve at 7:45 ?

On 6/17/2022 at 10:58 AM, EddardStark said:

Christmas Eve, Aberdeen away to St Mirren

28th, Aberdeen away to killie 

These “random” fixtures are a disgrace. 

26 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

Christmas Eve, Aberdeen away to St Mirren

28th, Aberdeen away to killie 

These “random” fixtures are a disgrace. 

23 minutes ago, Stu101 said:

ooft

The only solution I can think of is what they do in the National League. I have been to couple of non league games at Aldershot. They play their derby games against Woking on Boxing day then again at new year.

7 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

The only solution I can think of is what they do in the National League. I have been to couple of non league games at Aldershot. They play their derby games against Woking on Boxing day then again at new year.

Strange how they always manage to randomly fit in an old firm game at new year.

1 hour ago, RDFH64 said:

Strange how they always manage to randomly fit in an old firm game at new year.

Fixture scheduling isnt random and never has been.

There are lots of criteria programmed into a computer and then the fixtures from that point on are random.

7 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Need to play them sometime.

Correct, but on Xmas eve for one of them and then send the fans on the furthest journey of the season in the middle of winter between Xmas and new year, as it’s not a holiday, so it’ll be a 7:45 ko, with potential of brutal weather conditions, as per usual, the fans are of no consideration to the authorities. 

Edited by dandydunn

12 hours ago, Diamond Scot said:

Fixture scheduling isnt random and never has been.

There are lots of criteria programmed into a computer and then the fixtures from that point on are random.

I was being a tad facetious 😜

On 6/19/2022 at 10:05 PM, dandydunn said:

Correct, but on Xmas eve for one of them and then send the fans on the furthest journey of the season in the middle of winter between Xmas and new year, as it’s not a holiday, so it’ll be a 7:45 ko, with potential of brutal weather conditions, as per usual, the fans are of no consideration to the authorities. 

True but new year takes up omd fixture for close by games. Aberdeen isnt very close to many teams. Dundee or Perth probably your best bet but impossible to fit in fixtures to suit everyone unfortunately. 

Been up at Inverness on 28th December before midweek and o agree it's a big ask. Especially in current climate.