English Prem. Squads Scots - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

English Prem. Squads Scots

syecosse

English Prem. Squad updates after players released and Promoted, plenty of Scots still in the squads which is promising, have included players that can still turn out for us that I am aware, hopefully many kicking on, includes sides relegated. Add that there is probably a few more Scots moving to England this summer Hickey, Wilson(Villa) Simpson(Villa) for example. 

ARSENAL

Tierney (left back)

ASTON VILLA

Mcginn (M), K.Smith (D) ,Steer (K)

BRENTFORD 

Pressley(S)

BRIGHTON 

Weir(M), Leonard(M)

BURNLEY

Mellon(S) Mcglynn(S)

CHELSEA

Gilmour(M)

CRYSTAL PALACE 

Banks(W)Mcarthur(M)

EVERTON 

Patterson(RB),Gordon(M)

LEEDS 

Cooper(D), Mullen(D), Mckinstry(W) Mccarron(LB)

LEICESTER

Nelson(D), Barnes(w)

LIVERPOOL 

Robertson(LB), Clayton(M)

MAN CITY 

Adam(M), Mebude(W) Barrington(?) Slicker(K), Robertson(?) Smith(W) Fiorini(M)

MAN UTD

Mctominay(M)

NEWCASTLE

Anderson(M) Fraser(W), De Bolle(M) Ferguson (S)

NORWICH

MCcracken (K)Mair (K)McLean (M) Hanley (D)Clarke(M)Dickson-Peters( S)Gunn(K)

SOUTHAMPTON

Adams(S) Armstrong(M) Livramento(W) 

TOTTENHAM 

Craig( M)

WATFORD

Angelini(K)Mebude( S)Lo-Everton( M)

WEST HAM

Ashby(RB) Kinnear(K)

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Scot1
8 minutes ago, bigfingers said:

Ramsay to Liverpool announced. 

I wish him good luck at his new club.

Edited by Scot1

4 hours ago, syecosse said:

Champ players coming up

Fulham: Cairney(M) Bowat(D) Bowie(S) MCAvoy(D) Bryan(LB)

Nott M Forest: Hogarth(k) McKenna(D)

Bornemouth: Christie(AM) Dembele(W)

Joe Bryan who said upon his move to Fulham in 2018 that he hoped it would help him achieve his "dream" of playing for England ............

On 6/16/2022 at 3:47 PM, ErsatzThistle said:

Livramento and Barnes have no intention of playing for us.

Also, because Anthony Gordon has played for England U21's after his 21st birthday, he cannot switch to any other nation.

Absolutely spot on. Unbelievable that just because they have a distant relative that were Scottish they are included even though one has clearly pinned his colours to England's mast and the other went out of his way not to pin his colours to the Scotland mast.

8 hours ago, Caledonian Craig said:

Absolutely spot on. Unbelievable that just because they have a distant relative that were Scottish they are included even though one has clearly pinned his colours to England's mast and the other went out of his way not to pin his colours to the Scotland mast.

It is indeed weird how some people get so incredibly excited when they find out that player X has a Scottish grandparent, even when half the time those players would clearly would add little (Targett) or nothing (Steer) to our national team.

8 minutes ago, ErsatzThistle said:

It is indeed weird how some people get so incredibly excited when they find out that player X has a Scottish grandparent, even when half the time those players would clearly would add little (Targett) or nothing (Steer) to our national team.

I'd take Steer in a shot.

9 hours ago, Caledonian Craig said:

In fairness Livramento's 'distant relative' is his mum!

1 hour ago, ErsatzThistle said:

He played a grand total of eight games last season.

That's useless to us.

Probably never will get a call up but I would say he is better than all our options bar Gordon(who cant carry on for ever}

Lets see how he does next year or any of our keepers do for that matter.

4 minutes ago, ceudmilefailte said:

Probably never will get a call up but I would say he is better than all our options bar Gordon(who cant carry on for ever}

Lets see how he does next year or any of our keepers do for that matter.

I'd rather have Kelly or Clarke in goal than Steer. Kelly and Calrke also deserve it a hell of a lot more than Steer does.

17 hours ago, Hertsscot said:

In fairness Livramento's 'distant relative' is his mum!

Okay point taken but when his nationality options were being discussed by him in an online article I got no indication whatsoever he was putting Scotland above England (where he has lived and played all of his life and where all his friendships and connections are) or Portugal (where his dad is from). And why would he given all the facts at hand?

Edited by Caledonian Craig

48 minutes ago, Caledonian Craig said:

Okay point taken but when his nationality options were being discussed by him in an online article I got no indication whatsoever he was putting Scotland above England (where he has lived and played all of his life and where all his friendships and connections are) or Portugal (where his dad is from). And why would he given all the facts at hand?

Used to be a saying "the blood is strong". 

Personally prefer the birth line to the birth location one. 

17 minutes ago, ceudmilefailte said:

Used to be a saying "the blood is strong". 

Personally prefer the birth line to the birth location one. 

Agreed, the birth place is, in many ways, an irrelevance.  My father was born in Germany when his father was stationed there, 6 months later they moved back to Scotland where he lived out the rest of his life.  How that would've made him eligible for Germany is ridiculous 🙄 

Edited by todd

17 hours ago, ceudmilefailte said:

Still hopeful for Kelly, Clark will never get any further than already has.

Yep.

There’s a reason Clark has been available on a free for months and nobody has taken him. 

Don’t rate him & think picking him over McLoughlin in the last squad was a strange one.