Qatar 2022 World Cup Finals - Page 29 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Qatar 2022 World Cup Finals

15 minutes ago, morrie21 said:

Grant Wahl passing away at the Netherlands-Argentina game last night while working is absolutely shocking. Read and enjoyed some of his coverage over the years. Seen a few tweets this morning suggesting, well there's no other way to say it, foul play. Need to wait to find out more information before going there - but then will the information be accurate.

Terrible that a relatively young man went out to cover the tournament and he won't be returning home to his family. My condolences to them.

I have only read a few articles but according to one, Wahl himself said he had been feeling unwell and he was told he had Bronchitis 

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, mcguffin said:

Thanks vanderark14. I particularly like your "Im staying well clear of all football media till 3pm when Portugal Play Morocco then I'll be done with football for the day."  I might follow in your footsteps 👍😀

Its impossible to watch the punditry during an international tournament. The BBC and ITV turn everything into a discussion about England. I didn't tune in to Argentina v The Netherlands to hear what Jordan Henderson had for Breakfast or listen to Harry Kane try to string a sentence together. 

28 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

Its impossible to watch the punditry during an international tournament. The BBC and ITV turn everything into a discussion about England. I didn't tune in to Argentina v The Netherlands to hear what Jordan Henderson had for Breakfast or listen to Harry Kane try to string a sentence together. 

very good point!

Just now, Orraloon said:

England will never get an easier chance to win the WC. They could get all the way to the final after playing against only one top class football nation. They are going to win this now and we won't hear the end of it for the rest of our lives.

If England win tonight they're as good as in the final. Morocco are the kind of plucky, stuffy, over-achieving team who always fall apart against the three loins.

9 minutes ago, scotlad said:

If England win tonight they're as good as in the final. Morocco are the kind of plucky, stuffy, over-achieving team who always fall apart against the three loins.

To be fair, I think England would beat that Portugal team as well. 

42 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

England will never get an easier chance to win the WC. They could get all the way to the final after playing against only one top class football nation. They are going to win this now and we won't hear the end of it for the rest of our lives.

We already hear all about  when they last won it so nothing will change