Qatar 2022 World Cup Finals - Page 28 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Qatar 2022 World Cup Finals

1 minute ago, stocky said:

U on the windup.   🤔

Probably👍

France are miles ahead followed by Argentina

Croatia 3rd 

Portugal next closely followed by 

England and Morocco 

I had Argentina at the start.. only France can stop them .

You could be right.
I'm supporting Croatia from here on in. Their team spirit is second to none. And their midfield--Modric, Brozovic, Kovacic--an absolute joy to watch. One additional plus is that Argentina will be just as knackered as Croatia come the semi-finals. If their older players, Perisic and Modric can recover in time, Argentina are in for a game.

Anyway, let's see what tomorrow's Quarter Finals throw up on the weaker 😉 side of the fixture list.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rewatching the games now. 

Incredible that Messi and Neymar didn’t get bookings, embarrassing really. 

Despite everything that’s wrong about football, how Croatia came back to win that, similar with Argentina, you can’t help but love it sometimes.

Edited by ParisInAKilt

7 hours ago, stocky said:

U on the windup.   🤔

Probably👍

France are miles ahead followed by Argentina

Croatia 3rd 

Portugal next closely followed by 

England and Morocco 

I had Argentina at the start.. only France can stop them .

i really don’t think that.  I don’t see much between any of the teams outside of France.  Tonight is obviously a big test for England, but if they come through that then they are very serious contenders.  A win tonight would be no more surprising than Croatia knocking out Brazil imo.

7 hours ago, Malcolm said:

They might, which nobody saw at the start of the tournament.  not that great a side really… I would rate the chances as

france, England, Croatia, Argentina, Portugal, Morocco.

I think France and England are the best teams left.

Pretty sure lots of people including the bookies had them up there in the top 2 or 3 sides. I hope they can do it for Messi but they need to finish games off instead of pissing about at 2-0 that's 3 games this tournament i think that theyve been 2 up then dodgy as fuck to end the game.

France or Portugal probably favs for me

35 minutes ago, Malcolm said:

i really don’t think that.  I don’t see much between any of the teams outside of France.  Tonight is obviously a big test for England, but if they come through that then they are very serious contenders.  A win tonight would be no more surprising than Croatia knocking out Brazil imo.

France should beat england comfortably............i hope

1 hour ago, Malcolm said:

Following the mainstream coverage, I get the impression England is really the favourites. Yer typical interview, yer typical news paper article always starts with the same question: "Can we stop Mbappe?"  The answer is always "Yes, Kyle Walker bla bla bla". Then onto the gushing praise of Jude Bellingham, Phil Foden, Harry Kane and all the rest of them.  And how much better the English midfield is than the makeweight French once ("Griezeman, Tchouameni, Rabiot...pffft")
And they may be right? But I really think this French team can come good on the night.

Allez les bleus!

16 minutes ago, mcguffin said:

Following the mainstream coverage, I get the impression England is really the favourites. Yer typical interview, yer typical news paper article always starts with the same question: "Can we stop Mbappe?"  The answer is always "Yes, Kyle Walker bla bla bla". Then onto the gushing praise of Jude Bellingham, Phil Foden, Harry Kane and all the rest of them.  And how much better the English midfield is than the makeweight French once ("Griezeman, Tchouameni, Rabiot...pffft")
And they may be right? But I really think this French team can come good on the night.

Allez les bleus!

Ignore him Malcolm is clearly the type of person who soaks up main stream coverage of absolutely everything from football to politics. Im staying well clear of all football media till 3pm when Portugal Play Morocco then I'll be done with football for the day. 

So far I've heard - Pickford is better than Loris🤣, Mbappe should be concerned about Walker🤣 The Battle between Kane and Loris could decide the whole tournament🤣 Bellingham being compared to (insert any world legend here)🤣 England have a better team 🤣

There will be a few scots who believe the above because all we get is wall to wall coverage of the overrated EPL, The England National side and now the WSL and Womens England team.

12 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

So far I've heard - Pickford is better than Loris🤣 

He is for me, Loris fucks up at least once a game fortunately for him France are usually 3 up at the time. He dropped a cross right on one of the oppositions head the other night and got away with it. Pickford “saves” all his fuck ups for Everton, can’t remember him letting England down 🤷‍♂️

35 minutes ago, dan cake said:

He is for me, Loris fucks up at least once a game fortunately for him France are usually 3 up at the time. He dropped a cross right on one of the oppositions head the other night and got away with it. Pickford “saves” all his fuck ups for Everton, can’t remember him letting England down 🤷‍♂️

DOUBLE POST

Having some issues with the TAMB on android

Edited by vanderark14

24 minutes ago, dan cake said:

Took  me three seconds to find out this is incorrect. just before the world cup Pickford had a massive fuck up for everton which gifted Bournemouth a goal. There are numerous other clangers from him too. 

He is overrated 

8 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

Took  me three seconds to find out this is incorrect. just before the world cup Pickford had a massive fuck up for everton which gifted Bournemouth a goal. There are numerous other clangers from him too. 

He is overrated 

Can you read?

Southgate for all his perceived faults seems to have at least got England beating teams they probably should but I don’t get the hype around their individual players beyond being efficient at managing tournament football. Suppose that’s the English media for you. 
They've still yet to beat anyone above them in the rankings in the knockout stages. 

In saying that they can obviously beat France and dare I say, win it. 

1 hour ago, vanderark14 said:

Ignore him Malcolm is clearly the type of person who soaks up main stream coverage of absolutely everything from football to politics. Im staying well clear of all football media till 3pm when Portugal Play Morocco then I'll be done with football for the day. 

So far I've heard - Pickford is better than Loris🤣, Mbappe should be concerned about Walker🤣 The Battle between Kane and Loris could decide the whole tournament🤣 Bellingham being compared to (insert any world legend here)🤣 England have a better team 🤣

There will be a few scots who believe the above because all we get is wall to wall coverage of the overrated EPL, The England National side and now the WSL and Womens England team.

Thanks vanderark14. I particularly like your "Im staying well clear of all football media till 3pm when Portugal Play Morocco then I'll be done with football for the day."  I might follow in your footsteps 👍😀

Grant Wahl passing away at the Netherlands-Argentina game last night while working is absolutely shocking. Read and enjoyed some of his coverage over the years. Seen a few tweets this morning suggesting, well there's no other way to say it, foul play. Need to wait to find out more information before going there - but then will the information be accurate.

Terrible that a relatively young man went out to cover the tournament and he won't be returning home to his family. My condolences to them.