Qatar 2022 World Cup Finals - Page 23 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Qatar 2022 World Cup Finals

10 hours ago, Ally Bongo said:

The more i think about it i fancy England to win in a hack canter tomorrow

As pish as England's defence is it is still organised enough to snuff out powder puff Senegal attacks 

There is hope - it's on ITV where England only have a 13% win rate at World Cups in comparison to 75% on the beeb.

If they get France in the quarters and jug ears is presenting it then its panic stations!

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

46 minutes ago, Caledonian Craig said:

I am really confident England will win tonight. I reckon it will be 2-0. Senegal just lack the attacking prowess to get at England's suspect defence. And England's attack will be able to breakdown their defence. France will win against Poland I would say.

Agreed, yesterday's results suggest the big boys are getting their acts together. I'm expecting less shocks this round (hope I'm wrong tonight though 😄 ).

Argentina v Netherlands, on paper should be a great game but Argentina will be very wary of how good Netherlands are on the break. They just soak up pressure then bang, bang, bang three passes later the ball travels 100 yards and is in the back of the opposition net. 0-0 then penalties for me.

34 minutes ago, ThistleWhistle said:

There is hope - it's on ITV where England only have a 13% win rate at World Cups in comparison to 75% on the beeb.

If they get France in the quarters and jug ears is presenting it then its panic stations!

😂

With the mention of penalties for England - Senegal I feel compelled to point out that Senegal won the African Cup of Nations final on a shootout and then a few month later their World Cup qualification playoff final was also settled by penalties. Maybe it's a scenario they are comfortable with.

13 minutes ago, morrie21 said:

With the mention of penalties for England - Senegal I feel compelled to point out that Senegal won the African Cup of Nations final on a shootout and then a few month later their World Cup qualification playoff final was also settled by penalties. Maybe it's a scenario they are comfortable with.

Didn't know that! It has to be a tactical option for Cisse? Good point morrie21!

Edited by mcguffin

2 hours ago, Orraloon said:

Argentina v Netherlands, on paper should be a great game but Argentina will be very wary of how good Netherlands are on the break. They just soak up pressure then bang, bang, bang three passes later the ball travels 100 yards and is in the back of the opposition net. 0-0 then penalties for me.

I fancy the Dutch in that game 

2 hours ago, ThistleWhistle said:

Now that is clutching at straws. 😂

England will beat Senegal easily. Now, who do they get in the semi final and final?

11 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

I fancy the Dutch in that game 

Me too, but only just. Could be a real tactical battle. So far they have played pretty much the same formations but with very different tactics. It will be interesting to see if either manager decides to change formation and, or tactics to try to catch the other team out? I'm still predicting a pretty dour affair though with neither team willing to take too many chances. Hope I'm wrong and they both go for it. With the skill levels available to both teams it has the potential to be a great game, but I think both sides might be shackled with the burden of worrying about missing out on a semi final place. 

54 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

Now that is clutching at straws. 😂

England will beat Senegal easily. Now, who do they get in the semi final and final?

Just checked and it looks like England get Morocco in the semi final and South Korea in the final. They might as well start engraving the trophy now.

Any incidents been reported?, drink related or men that like men or women that like women stuff. Not read of any protests or arrests since the initial armband debacle, was wondering if things were being suppressed or just nobody cares now the football has started 

1 minute ago, dan cake said:

Any incidents been reported?, drink related or men that like men or women that like women stuff. Not read of any protests or arrests since the initial armband debacle, was wondering if things were being suppressed or just nobody cares now the football has started 

To be honest I have not heard of any trouble but that is probably down to lack of beer and lack of fan numbers that you usually get at the World Cup. The atmosphere inside the grounds has been largely shite which backs up my thoughts that there are far less fans from all countries that have made the trip for varying reasons such as making a stand against the host nation and the cost and lack of accommodation.

21 minutes ago, Caledonian Craig said:

To be honest I have not heard of any trouble but that is probably down to lack of beer and lack of fan numbers that you usually get at the World Cup. The atmosphere inside the grounds has been largely shite which backs up my thoughts that there are far less fans from all countries that have made the trip for varying reasons such as making a stand against the host nation and the cost and lack of accommodation.

Argentina fans seem to be managing to create an atmosphere.

If they beat France then the only conclusion is that they will win it

Dont know if i can trust France as without Mbappe they are nowhere near as good

The leveller is that England defence with Maguire

3 hours ago, ger intae them said:

…… although reading news now, the only way that’s true is if shaw broke into his house!

Absolutely shocking story, not the first time players' families have been targeted while they are abroad. 

IIRC that's why Johan Cruyff refused to go to Argentina 78.