Qatar 2022 World Cup Finals - Page 15 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Qatar 2022 World Cup Finals

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, Toepoke said:

It did strike me that it could've been us getting a chasing off Iran today if things had gone differently in June.

The last two days have been eerily Scotland-like for Wales: a hard-earned draw followed by an (excessive) wave of optimism followed by a pish poor performance that ultimately ends in painful defeat.

17 minutes ago, scotlad said:

The last two days have been eerily Scotland-like for Wales: a hard-earned draw followed by an (excessive) wave of optimism followed by a pish poor performance that ultimately ends in painful defeat.

….. and then play magnificently to draw or even beat England in the last game but done on goal difference.

1 hour ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

It honestly must be difficult supporting a shite football club, with shite supporters that win sweet fuck all year after year. I would not know that feeling as I support Celtic FC, the Big club. They do teach you about empathy in the 12 step program, so I do feel your pain, albeit, just a wee bit. Winning year after year, decade after decade isn't for everyone.....

🎣gonna throw the lesser spotted Ramy back, under sized sardine 🤣

Today looked very much like the end of the road for both Bale and Ramsey.  Neither looked like they were at the races.  Once they're done Wales will go back to being a stuffy, hard-to-beat team at best unless another superstar emerges.

As for the USA, if they had a decent forward then they would've won that game with a bit to spare.  Really enjoyed their style of play - right gallus stuff in defence and midfield.  Even their goalie had a bit of confidence about him taking attackers on.  Just a pity they couldn't finish.

Again, if I were English, I'd be very concerned how often teams of the calibre of USA and Iran have picked apart their defence. Those teams did not have the quality in attack that the likes of France, Belgium, Spain and Brazil have. England will get to the quarters I reckon then get found out by the first top notch side they face. We saw in the Nations League how easily the top teams expose that defence.

6 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

There is good chance that Australia could be going into the last game against Denmark needing a point to progress to the last 16. Right now I'm fairly sure Harry Souttar will be thinking that he made the right decision.

Easy to say. However, he probably felt he made the wrong decision watching us at the Euros but was it really a choice? I don't think it was. Scotland never came calling, he wanted international football and used  his Australian connections to play for them.

19 minutes ago, Caledonian Craig said:

Easy to say. However, he probably felt he made the wrong decision watching us at the Euros but was it really a choice? I don't think it was. Scotland never came calling, he wanted international football and used  his Australian connections to play for them.

No doubt we would've come calling eventually, but he didn't want to wait or try and fight his way into the manager's thoughts.  Australia was obviously an easier option.

What's more galling is watching Jason Cummings getting to experience a World Cup.  He's so sh*te he didn't even get considered by us when we'd next to no strikers to choose from.

3 hours ago, Orraloon said:

There is good chance that Australia could be going into the last game against Denmark needing a point to progress to the last 16. Right now I'm fairly sure Harry Souttar will be thinking that he made the right decision.

2 hours ago, Caledonian Craig said:

I don’t know him personally or his parentage or what qualifies him for Australia but maybe it wasn’t a football decision, he might see himself as an Aussie 🤷‍♂️

Edited by dan cake

11 minutes ago, McTeeko said:

Happy household after that Poland victory today - I might even get lucky with the wife tonight! 🤞🏼🇵🇱

That double Szczesny penalty save gets better every time you see it!

The wee man went away to his pals buzzing! 

40077ABF-B24A-458F-8D4F-CD67FC93FEB0.jpeg

Nice to see some World Cup celebrations in Scotland 🙂

Thought the Saudis played some lovely stuff, until they got into the Polish box.

Lewandowski now level on World Cup goals......with David Narey 😉

13 minutes ago, Toepoke said:

Nice to see some World Cup celebrations in Scotland 🙂

Thought the Saudis played some lovely stuff, until they got into the Polish box.

Lewandowski now level on World Cup goals......with David Narey 😉

Aye 😆. He equalled Pele’s international record of 77 goals though. Decent return in an average international team. 

Edited by McTeeko

1 hour ago, dan cake said:

I don’t know him personally or his parentage or what qualifies him for Australia but maybe it wasn’t a football decision, he might see himself as an Aussie 🤷‍♂️

His mother is Australian.  I read somewhere that he'd never been to Australia before he was capped by them.  Wasn't selected for the under 21's a few years back and took the huff.

2 hours ago, sjd1972 said:

His mother is Australian.  I read somewhere that he'd never been to Australia before he was capped by them.  Wasn't selected for the under 21's a few years back and took the huff.

No surprise really. It was scandalous that he wasn’t selected. Will be Interesting to see where the CHs  that were selected back then are now. No doubt Rangers or Celtic youth players (who had never been near a first team) who have since disappeared without trace.  He was playing first team football for Ross County on loan and then Fleetwood on loan. 

You have to think the Germans will be out tomorrow if Spain dont fancy a draw

It's quite a slump they have been on and changing the manager has altered nothing