Qatar 2022 World Cup Finals - Page 13 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Qatar 2022 World Cup Finals

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

34 minutes ago, Toepoke said:

Great night for me, had 3-2 Portugal & 2-0 Brazil 👍

I'd be putting the Euromillions on tomorrow night after that especially the Portugal/Ghana 3-2

That must have been some price

I'm not a big fan of Brazil, but I think they looked ominiously good tonight. I think their sub bench would beat us 😐 . Seeing the likes of Martinelli, Antony and Gabriel Jesus stripped off and  waiting to come on under the substitute board must be a scary sight for any opponent.

I thought Serbia did okay to restrict them to 2 goals.

3 hours ago, Ally Bongo said:

I'd be putting the Euromillions on tomorrow night after that especially the Portugal/Ghana 3-2

That must have been some price

Only an online predictor league unfortunately, but you do get bonus points for unexpected results (only 2.1% of players picked 3-2 Portugal).

8 hours ago, mcguffin said:

I'm not a big fan of Brazil, but I think they looked ominiously good tonight. I think their sub bench would beat us 😐 . Seeing the likes of Martinelli, Antony and Gabriel Jesus stripped off and  waiting to come on under the substitute board must be a scary sight for any opponent.

They have looked like the best team in the tournament so far which probably means they won't win it.

8 hours ago, mcguffin said:

Brazil were always the team I wanted to win after Scotland at a world cup but with Neymar being such a dislikeable little shit I struggle to want them to win. They played better last night with out him IMO

6 minutes ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

I see I'm living in your drunken heid rent free ya fucking mong !! 

I would have thought someone going through the 12 steps and meditation would be more understanding of drunken people, I guess not. 

Just cannot get into this WC. Everything about it is wrong, even the stadiums. Blowing in Air conditioning apparently. The dome stadiums, the empty seats. No booze, part time support. I haven't  even mentioned the lies, cheating, corruption, pay backs, slave labor. Anyhow, sorry to barge in, I'll do yes all a favor and keep my opinions to myself and not ruin a decent thread on a rather uneventful World Cup.. BTW, well played Canada, you done yourselves proud, should have beaten the Belgians. Best of luck the rest of the way... 

Just cannot get into this WC. Everything about it is wrong, even the stadiums. Blowing in Air conditioning apparently. The dome stadiums, the empty seats. No booze, part time support. I haven't  even mentioned the lies, cheating, corruption, pay backs, slave labor. Anyhow, sorry to barge in, I'll do yes all a favor and keep my opinions to myself and not ruin a decent thread on a rather uneventful World Cup.. BTW, well played Canada, you done yourselves proud, should have beaten the Belgians. Best of luck the rest of the way... 

2 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

I would have thought someone going through the 12 steps and meditation would be more understanding of drunken people, I guess not. 

I'm only commenting once on this idiot, I don't want to ruin the thread. This has nothing to do with the twelve steps, maybe YOU should do you research before commenting. it's about a total fucking idiot who just can't keep his comments to himself. 

17 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

Brazil were always the team I wanted to win after Scotland at a world cup but with Neymar being such a dislikeable little shit I struggle to want them to win. They played better last night with out him IMO

Agreed on all points. He sort of comes across as a mini-Ronaldo - its all me me me. Brazil certainly looked a better team without him - a different team even. But will the coach have the balls not to play him? I don't think so somehow.

20 minutes ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Uneventful?? 

Saudi beat the Argies - Orobably the Saudis greatest win of all time. Argentina now under pressure

Japan beat Germany - Japans first win ever over Germany leaving Germany with a mountain to climb because they have a free scoring Spain in their group. Germany lose this and Japan get one more point - Germany are out

Your own Country gave one of the best side in the world a proper game

Brazil looked brilliant last night - shades of the Brazil of old

Those are just the events on the park, its been a non stop rollercoaster of events off it. 

3 minutes ago, Caledonian Craig said:

Agreed on all points. He sort of comes across as a mini-Ronaldo - its all me me me. Brazil certainly looked a better team without him - a different team even. But will the coach have the balls not to play him? I don't think so somehow.

I was listening to talksport this morning, remarkably they weren't just talking about England. They were speaking to Brazil fans and they didn't seem to be that bother if Neymar played. 

1 hour ago, Caledonian Craig said:

Did you have to dig in the bin for your betting slip given that 3-2 looked impossible after a sterile first half ended 0-0 in Portugal match?

Didn't see it coming, but as mentioned above no betting slip. Although it's boosted me up to 111th place out of 6300 players so I'm still quite chuffed 🙂

Wales are utter pish

Amazing that Rambo can put a shift in for Wales

They are in big trouble when Bale retires - they may wait longer than us to qualify again

England could give them a real slippering