Team for Armenia - Page 2 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Team for Armenia

daviebee

If we're sticking to 3 at the back and we have no Tierney then I'd be interested to see how switching Robertson to LCB and playing Hickey at LWB would work out.

Robertson could push forward and overlap beyond hickey or vice versa. I always think that Robertson struggles without Tierney (or anyone for that matter) overlapping and creating an option for him or creating space. It's how it works for him at Liverpool but with Scotland he's usually got 2 or even 3 players to try and deal with which is almost impossible.

It might work, it might not but it's got to be worth a try and Armenia is certainly a game to try it out in.

7 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

Is that not just your permanent state of mind, though?

thankfully on Saturday this was true due to the large amount of alcohol consumed during the course of the afternoon.  After years of watching Scotland I have learned that it’s better this way.

2 hours ago, Caledonian Craig said:

Also I see on the BBC Sport page Clarke saying they have a number of injury problems. I would say one of those most probably is Scott McKenna and another being Stuart Armstrong who was wiped out late on and needed lengthy treatment off the pitch. There must be more too.

‘Significant injuries ’  I just heard him say. We should be prepared for any kind of result tomorrow . Could be an uplifting change or an unmitigated disaster.