Bbc programme on the Falklands - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Bbc programme on the Falklands


Recommended Posts

What struck me was the amount of hand to hand combat that went on and the amount of bayoneting that was done to finish off Argentinian soldiers.  Assumed it would all be shooting at distance.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1000 casualties on the British side - 255 killed

95 suicides of veterans in the aftermath

All to keep Thatcher in power

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/16/2022 at 9:46 PM, Ally Bongo said:

1000 casualties on the British side - 255 killed

95 suicides of veterans in the aftermath

All to keep Thatcher in power


thats was a consequence not the reason for the war.  What would you have done, just given it to the argies?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Malcolm said:


thats was a consequence not the reason for the war.  What would you have done, just given it to the argies?

You have a really unhealthy obsession with and love of war.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

57 minutes ago, ErsatzThistle said:

You have a really unhealthy obsession with and love of war.


war is a terrible but unfortunately, in some cases, necessary thing. There is no love for it. Not unhealthy in any way - it’s modern history.  I have visited many ww1 battlefields and studied it.

In the case of the falklands, how else could they have been retaken?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Malcolm said:


war is a terrible but unfortunately, in some cases, necessary thing. There is no love for it. Not unhealthy in any way - it’s modern history.  I have visited many ww1 battlefields and studied it.

In the case of the falklands, how else could they have been retaken?

It was an utterly ridiculous little war over a final remaining piece of a dead (and evil) empire.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share



×
×
  • Create New...