Armenia Away - Page 9 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Armenia Away

ErsatzThistle

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, slasher said:

Easy peasy in the end but the manager ignores the first 40 minutes at his peril.

Thank fuck it’s over, 4 games in 2 weeks is draining 🤣

Its just such a meaningless tournament, I don't think any fans were wanting it.  Players must hate these string of games after a long hard season.

1 minute ago, exile said:

Job done.

But we need to sort out that defence.

Only positive thing is we should hopefully have Tierney, McKenna and Souttar back in September so hopefully we’ll never see that back 3 ever, ever, ever again. 

A negative which stands out is Ché Adams being suspended for the Ukraine game, which means we'll likely have to play one of Dykes, Nisbet, Brown or Stewart unless someone else turns up. I think Brown is likely the most similar to Adams, so would be my favourite to start.

1 minute ago, Clyde1998 said:

A negative which stands out is Ché Adams being suspended for the Ukraine game, which means we'll likely have to play one of Dykes, Nisbet, Brown or Stewart unless someone else turns up. I think Brown is likely the most similar to Adams, so would be my favourite to start.

Is that not his first booking?

3 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

I thought it was Christie? Not sure though.

1 minute ago, Glass Ankles said:

Christie definitely got booked

Okay, that figures. I put it down as Adams instead of Christie. There's no problem there then. 😅

Thank you.

2 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

Two home games up next. If we have aspirations to be a pot 2 team then we have win those two home games. Haven't seen much recently to give me much confidence though. But we are still in it. It's in our own hands. 

I'd hope we'd be a different team then, with a different mindset, motivated for 'revenge'.

We came back after a mediocre start to the last campaign, after all.

Guest Scot1
13 minutes ago, exile said:

I'd hope we'd be a different team then, with a different mindset, motivated for 'revenge'.

We came back after a mediocre start to the last campaign, after all.

If Clarke insists on setting up the team the same way, Ukraine and Ireland will fancy their chances. They will use the same game plan which has already  been successful against us. 
Honestly don’t know what to make of his thinking. 
Why bring on Brown when Armenia are sitting deep, defending their box and there’s no space to run into? We have a 6 ft 5 centre forward who would’ve caused a lot more problems?

Id put Taylor as 3rd choice left back / wing back behind Robbo and Hickey. He got pushed off the ball too easily on a couple of occasions. 

Edited by Scot1