Armenia Away - Page 8 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Armenia Away

ErsatzThistle

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, EddardStark said:

Dare I ask. What would be the best result in the Ukraine v ROI game? 

Depends on what we think's still possible in this group. If our sole aim is to finish above Ireland, then a Ukraine win. If we're still trying to win the group, probably a draw.

1 minute ago, The Black Bra said:

Maybe it would be better for us if Ireland win?

My fear would be Ireland getting a bit of momentum.

The Nations League, like other UEFA competitions, uses head-to-head record over goal difference, so if we finish level on points with Ireland the only way we can finish above them is through beating them 3-0, or by four, in Glasgow (which is very unlikely to happen).

2 minutes ago, Clyde1998 said:

Depends on what we think's still possible in this group. If our sole aim is to finish above Ireland, then a Ukraine win. If we're still trying to win the group, probably a draw.

Think we have to hope for a draw. Which is possible if Ireland have been given a boost from their result against us. 

2 minutes ago, Clyde1998 said:

Maybe a draw as it would at least knock Ireland further away and make a straight head to head with us and Ukraine. 

23 minutes ago, EddardStark said:

Dare I ask. What would be the best result in the Ukraine v ROI game? 

Obafemi and Duffy are both out for the Irish, their best two players on Saturday. 

Edited by Toepoke

Yeah, subs aren't exactly making much of a claim for a spot. Their defence has had an armchair ride since the last goal. I get that there's no real need to push it, but we should be showing more here. thos e last two chances for Armenia are the best ones in 30 minutes.

Edited by COLT NY