Armenia Away - Page 2 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Armenia Away

ErsatzThistle

10 hours ago, Malcolm said:

Omg. We are truly terrible.  Humbled. Humped rAw.  By a barely competent international side.  This could be my lowest point ever with Scotland 

I've followed Scotland since '74. In my experience you're never quite sure where the lowest point is, you think you've reached it only to discover there's another level even further down.

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 minutes ago, Hertsscot said:

I've followed Scotland since '74. In my experience you're never quite sure where the lowest point is, you think you've reached it only to discover there's another level even further down.

I think that you and I can be fairly confident that we have already seen the highest point and we are not going to get anywhere near that again. 😂

Stewart and brown look like absolute diddies at international level on what we have seen so far along with the huge amount of dross we play upfront in recent years .

yet Obafemi makes his debut for Ireland looks a player only 21 so how come they are able to find players yet we can’t 

23 minutes ago, DAVIDB46 said:

Stewart and brown look like absolute diddies at international level on what we have seen so far along with the huge amount of dross we play upfront in recent years .

yet Obafemi makes his debut for Ireland looks a player only 21 so how come they are able to find players yet we can’t 

Lol stewart and brown havent had much of a chance yet. The lad obafemi turns 22 soon and only scored 12 goals in the english championship last season. Pretty sure mcburnie and adams were doing quite well in the english championship at 22 as well. It was a great strike but it doesnt mean hes suddenly better than any of our options. Both countries are quite poor when it comes to strikers. We at least have che adams who is a regular at epl level. Dont think ireland have any epl strikers but i could be wrong.

32 minutes ago, DAVIDB46 said:

We've only seen Stewart for a couple of minutes against Armenia and when he came on yesterday into team that was already well beaten. Much the same for Brown. They need more of a chance than that. Not as much as McBurnie got right enough, but somewhere in between if they don't show that they are good players. I still think Adams will get goals if the rest of the team play better. He is feeding on half chances most of the time, although he did miss a sitter against Armenia. 

1 minute ago, Orraloon said:

We've only seen Stewart for a couple of minutes against Armenia and when he came on yesterday into team that was already well beaten. Much the same for Brown. They need more of a chance than that. Not as much as McBurnie got right enough, but somewhere in between if they don't show that they are good players. I still think Adams will get goals if the rest of the team play better. He is feeding on half chances most of the time, although he did miss a sitter against Armenia. 

Adams hasn’t scored since February and billy gilmour has not been involved in a winning team since February thats some sobering thoughts as to where we are 

2 hours ago, DAVIDB46 said:

Adams hasn’t scored since February and billy gilmour has not been involved in a winning team since February thats some sobering thoughts as to where we are 

Adams though is far and away our best striker. Works hard, makes good runs, hasn't always had great service. Gives the impression that, for whatever reason, he has quite long barren spells.

It's a shame that most of our top players seem to have lost form, confidence or are fatigued all at the same time. 

A win or a draw (or even a one goal defeat) on Tuesday will mean we avoid relegation. That has to be the first target. That might sound a wee bit negative but I think we have sunk so low that avoiding relegation might be one of the few positives from these four games. 

We still have a chance of best 2nd placed team but winning the group already beyond reality, IMO.

4 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

A win or a draw (or even a one goal defeat) on Tuesday will mean we avoid relegation. That has to be the first target. That might sound a wee bit negative but I think we have sunk so low that avoiding relegation might be one of the few positives from these four games. 

We still have a chance of best 2nd placed team but winning the group already beyond reality, IMO.

Pretty sure that's not right.

1 minute ago, Orraloon said:

Oh aye, I was just assuming that Armenia wouldn't take any more points off Ireland or Ukraine. Stranger things have happened I suppose. 

Think we’d be bottom of the group with a defeat Tuesday anyway, not sure I’d back us to pick up any points in September on recent evidence.

5 minutes ago, Eassy said:

Think we’d be bottom of the group with a defeat Tuesday anyway, not sure I’d back us to pick up any points in September on recent evidence.

Aye, I got that all wrong. We need at least a draw on Tuesday.

5 hours ago, mccaughey85 said:

Lol stewart and brown havent had much of a chance yet. The lad obafemi turns 22 soon and only scored 12 goals in the english championship last season. Pretty sure mcburnie and adams were doing quite well in the english championship at 22 as well. It was a great strike but it doesnt mean hes suddenly better than any of our options. Both countries are quite poor when it comes to strikers. We at least have che adams who is a regular at epl level. Dont think ireland have any epl strikers but i could be wrong.

Stewart took 3 touches to get what was clearly a first time shot away yesterday & should have scored.

Looked very much like a league 1 striker tbh. 

He needs to punt the likes of McTominay, Christie and even Robertson in Tuesday. The likes of Turnbull, Brown, Stewart, Hickey (on the left) etc need to be given the chance to see what they can do. There are no friendlies now to do this, so you'll be putting them in at the deep end no matter what

Edited by Bobby Russell's Lovechild

11 minutes ago, Bobby Russell's Lovechild said:

He needs to punt the likes of McTominay, Christie and even Robertson in Tuesday. The likes of Turnbull, Brown, Stewart, Hickey (on the left) etc need to be given the chance to see what they can do. There are no friendlies now to do this, so you'll be putting them in at the deep end no matter what

Yes I agree with that and it freshens things up a bit. The players coming in have a point to prove and are out to impress Said as much in an earlier post.

1 hour ago, Bobby Russell's Lovechild said:

Apparently Mctominay lost possession 14 times yesterday!  Not sure if I lost possession that often, added up, in my entire amateur football career 😁

My line up for this game

Gordon

Souttar hendry mckenna

Ralston                                 hickey

Gilmour mcgregor

Armstrong

Stewart      brown

Adams probably needs a rest and brown and stewart deserve a proper chance to show what they can do. Armstrong deserves to start more games for us imo and he should be given this game to prove why. Robertson probably needs a rest as well so lets give hickey a start.

A few changes and a good performance should help get the ball rolling in the right direction again.