Clarke keep or sack? - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Clarke keep or sack?

mccaughey85

Should clarke be sacked?  

50 members have voted

1. 1. Should clarke be sacked?

Just now, robbo cop said:

No but the same people who are for and against Clarke will vote and say the same in both threads, although I agree this thread is a bit less dramatic.🤨

This is just a poll for folk like myself to see what percentage of ppl want him sacked. The discussion can happen elsewhere for all i care.

No.

He does however need to drop that high back line which is too dangerous, improve our positioning whilst defending set pieces and bring on the subs much more sooner.

A heart-to-heart with Robertson about maybe transferring the captaincy to Callum McGregor may also be in order.

Clarke should also throw out any players whose commitment is suspect.

3 minutes ago, Bobby Russell's Lovechild said:

I've said yes, but give him the nation's League and results and performance will have to SUBSTANTIALLY change. Getting fed up with giving managers that extra bit of time that fucks up qualifiers. Next four games should see where we are

Same here.  If he does go the the SFA need to think outside the box like Celtic did with Postecoglou.  Taking someone off the Scottish managerial merry go round will lead to the same old issues.

Robbo out as captain. I think for now I would give the armband to Gordon. I wouldn't care if Clarke went now, if gives his replacement some warm up games. I dont see any evidence that Clarke is learning from his errors.

Ralston 1st half was our best player IMO, 2nd half I turned the match off at 60 something minutes. I don't really care for his playing style but I do like McTominay's aggression. 

1 minute ago, Bobby Russell's Lovechild said:

That is my main worry. When it goes fine, fine. When it goes wrong, there is no plan b, and he's very slow with substitutions 

This is evidence to me there is little risk letting Clarke go. It wont happen however but it might if we collapse in the next 4 matches. We have blown getting the play off spot already IMO,.cant see us winning the last 4 games.

4 minutes ago, romanticscot said:

Robbo out as captain. I think for now I would give the armband to Gordon.

Goalkeeper captains are rarely a good idea and Gordon will likely be retired in the next eighteen months anyway.

Mcgregor is the only other candidate in my opinion. Don't think McGinn would want it.

3 minutes ago, ErsatzThistle said:

Goalkeeper captains are rarely a good idea and Gordon will likely be retired in the next eighteen months anyway.

Mcgregor is the only other candidate in my opinion. Don't think McGinn would want it.

Only reason i suggest that is because right now he is the only guaranteed starter. 

Edited by romanticscot

i think the other key consideration would be can we get a better manager and would the SFA be able to identify him and attract him to the position 

There is no point in changing manager unless your getting a better manager 

There is no guarantee if we get rid of clarke we'd get someone better; could quite easily end up with a worse manager