Steve Clarke Fuck Off - Page 4 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Steve Clarke Fuck Off

kumnio

3 minutes ago, aaid said:

I suspect all those people calling for Clarke’s head would be surprised to know that his record in the qualifiers for Qatar is exactly the same as Craig Brown’s for France in 1998, finishing second in a six team group.  The qualification mechanism then meant we qualified as the best runner-up then, this time we went into a playoff which we obviously didn’t win.  Those were the best qualification campaigns we’ve had since the break up of the Soviet Union and former Yugoslavia. 

Today’s game was absolutely appalling and totally unacceptable but anyone calling for the manager’s head needs to be careful about what they wish for. 

Madness really. Short memories or just delusional expectations.

• Replies 710
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, ParisInAKilt said:

I wouldn’t sack him no. 

Torn between we should be doing better and maybe this is as good as a team with many limited players can get. 

It was the manner of the defeat that’s the most worrying. Ireland out fought us from the first minute. 

My thoughts as well, also the manner of defeat v Ukraine was not much better. This is the worrying thing.

59 minutes ago, exile said:

I think it depends on the performance. A hard fought and/or skilful display that is just derailed by some agonising bounce or decision going against us is one thing. But a third abject performance where the players don't turn up, and/or seem to meekly accept defeat and/or show no urgency as if it's an end of season friendly, then serious questions would need asked.

This sums it up.

Worrying that we couldn't muster a performance against an Ireland team struggling for form following on from a very disappointing performance against Ukraine.

The players must take the blame but it's the manager who gives the tactics/instructions.

That said, I do think Clarke his it within him to bring us better days and cannot think of anyone better placed at this time.

Just hard to watch him on the touchline with his hands behind his back when he has the power to change things. 

59 minutes ago, ger intae them said:

Folk who want him gone are kids having a tantrum. Starting threads saying he should ‘fuck off’ is purely rudiculous.

we’d go through a manager a year if you listened to that pish, and when you do sack quickly all that you attract are the shitey short-termers in for a quick payday and off…… so, anyway, is big Sam available ?

I'm not a kid having a tantrum.  

I'm a guy who knows about football and can see he isn't the person to take us forward.  There's no plan B for this guy, and he sits there and lookd like a buffoon with Carter, Naismith and the long haired rocker. 

He shouldn't have had a contract extension, and he'll stay because the SFA won't be able to afford the payoff.  

1 hour ago, mccaughey85 said:

Lol its quite unbelievable how quick ppl can turn on a manager whos overall done quite well for us.

Saying that a loss to armenia and hes probably gotta go or should go.

never fails to amaze me how fickle football fans are,, we need a performance in armenia there's a bit of pressure there now.. i never realised how integral Tierney was to the system until now. There are simply too much players off their game just now,, can that be blamed on a long long season? possibly 

41 minutes ago, ParisInAKilt said:

I wouldn’t sack him no. 

Torn between we should be doing better and maybe this is as good as a team with many limited players can get. 

It was the manner of the defeat that’s the most worrying. Ireland out fought us from the first minute. 

we have a better group of players than ireland, thats the real worry bit 

13 minutes ago, Debian said:

I'm not a kid having a tantrum.  

I'm a guy who knows about football and can see he isn't the person to take us forward.  There's no plan B for this guy, and he sits there and lookd like a buffoon with Carter, Naismith and the long haired rocker. 

He shouldn't have had a contract extension, and he'll stay because the SFA won't be able to afford the payoff.  

do you remember how we were under mcliesh? to say we haven't gone forward is nonsense 

8 minutes ago, Malcolm said:

We have far superior players

But do we ?

As you will see in another thread some people think we have superior players than Wales too

We have a one or two good players, none of which can influence the outcome of a game 

We have a larger number of mediocre to average players - none of which can influence the outcome a game

And we have a few that are not good enough

6 minutes ago, Ally Bongo said:

But do we ?

As you will see in another thread some people think we have superior players than Wales too

We have a one or two good players, none of which can influence the outcome of a game 

We have a larger number of mediocre to average players - none of which can influence the outcome a game

And we have a few that are not good enough

Yes we do.  Superior players in almost every position 

2 minutes ago, Malcolm said:

Yes we do.  Superior players in almost every position 

Well if that's true then it must be either the managers fault or the players arent interested 

The easier answer is that they are not

2 hours ago, ParisInAKilt said:

I wouldn’t sack him no. 

This.... Sacking him would be a huge mistake (much like dumping Strachan was).  

Though no doubt the honeymoon is over. Absolute minimum Scotland should be finishing 2nd in this group. Clarke good enough good will in bank for me : however I am concerned by tonight's performance.  Players need to take blame (and, to be fair, look knackered after long season).

Losing Tierney has been huge. He makes 3-5-2 work. Basically keeps back 3 tight while also being extra man going forward at opportune moments.

7 minutes ago, ceudmilefailte said:

Not so sure.

i am, look at irelands previous ten games prior to the armenia game,, Ireland are no diddy team and yes we should be beating them but the steve clarke must go mob are a bunch of rockets,, lose the next game then yes we start to worry