Steve Clarke Fuck Off - Page 3 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Steve Clarke Fuck Off

kumnio

18 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

he looked pissed off to me.

I get some people are annoyed and emotional right now but there's no need to make stuff up

15 minutes ago, Bobby Russell's Lovechild said:

Problem is, there is no visible annoyance of what he sees. Imagine Klopp being like that! It's like he just stands there like he's accepting the inevitable

Should be out trying to cajole the players - he is the manager after all. Needs to lead by example and show some sort of passion

Edited by supersub

• Replies 504
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Ally Bongo said:

It's not just 2 out of 3

It's the two massive home games against the Czech Republic and Croatia last year as well

I've seen people moan because we only got to the euros through the back door......if that's the case we don't have much right to beat Czech Republic or Croatia. Croatia won their group and the Czechs qualified automatically. 

1 minute ago, supersub said:

Should be out trying to cajole the players - he is the manager after all. Needs to lead by example and show some sort of passion

That's never been his style. I think I've seen get emotional twice, Serbia away and Israel at home. 

No, not at all.

Needs to lead by example. On the outside, displays no passion and seems a bit detached from what we are going through and watching.

Lead and others will follow. Where's the buy in? As a player you look across and manager shows nothing?

I would want a manager who wears it on his sleeve....whether that be win, lose or draw but go down fighting. Do not stand back and accept a dire, second rate performance.

Every manager is different temperament and it doesn't bother me if someone is not so expressive on the touchline, even if it is frustrationg to watch, as long as they do the deeds needing done, whether to fearlessly tell who needs to be told what, when the time comes, or to have a quiet word when needed, or whatever it takes to get the most out of each player.

Put another way I'd rather he made a crucial substitution in good time, rather than show passion on the touchline while failing to make the changes needed on the park.

Edited by exile

Just now, supersub said:

No, not at all.

Needs to lead by example. On the outside, displays no passion and seems a bit detached from what we are going through and watching.

Lead and others will follow. Where's the buy in? As a player you look across and manager shows nothing?

I would want a manager who wears it on his sleeve....whether that be win, lose or draw but go down fighting. Do not stand back and accept a dire, second rate performance.

I don't understand your logic here. Did you have the same issues with his touchline behaviour when we were all on cloud 9 after Serbia, israel x 2, denmark..........

13 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

I've seen people moan because we only got to the euros through the back door......if that's the case we don't have much right to beat Czech Republic or Croatia. Croatia won their group and the Czechs qualified automatically. 

And it was McLeish who opened the back door. 

Scotland have been winning when least expected ( away to Austria and Serbia and at home to Denmark) then losing when we should be winning like today for years.

I am not in favour of Clarke being sacked, but there needs to be a plan B very soon, instead of persistently trying to get Robertson galloping down the left wing when every team we play knows that is where our main danger comes from in open play.

It is his job to change things and quickly. Granted that once Paterson is fully fit he can get forward on the other side, but decent Scotland sides from the past have had wingers to call upon but this squad has none and cannot think of any coming through.

1 minute ago, supersub said:

Same goes for the players, not only the manager.

They should be on at each other to get stuck in. Work as a team and not individuals.

We seem to hide when the chips are down.

Again I'm not sure I get your thinking here. The chips were down in Serbia when they scored at the death but we dusted ourselves down and held the nerves. Israel we were down twice and came back to win with a last minute winner. 

15 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

Again I'm not sure I get your thinking here. The chips were down in Serbia when they scored at the death but we dusted ourselves down and held the nerves. Israel we were down twice and came back to win with a last minute winner. 

It's not giving the impression that you are happy to accept defeat.

As a manager, he has the ability to tweak the formation, tactics and make changes.

Today, similar to the Ukraine game there seemed to be nothing to get the players going.

I think the players are at fault as they are the ones on the pitch but the buck stops with the manager.

Yes, Clarke has been really good but I want too see a bit more leadership and encouragement when we need it.

Edited by supersub

Just now, hampden_loon2878 said:

folk need to get a grip, lose the next game then maybe start to panic but settle doon

Lol its quite unbelievable how quick ppl can turn on a manager whos overall done quite well for us.

Saying that a loss to armenia and hes probably gotta go or should go.

36 minutes ago, robbo cop said:

Granted that once Paterson is fully fit he can get forward on the other side, but decent Scotland sides from the past have had wingers to call upon but this squad has none and cannot think of any coming through.

Funnily enough, the right side wasn't the problem today, Ralston played well again

11 minutes ago, mccaughey85 said:

Lol its quite unbelievable how quick ppl can turn on a manager whos overall done quite well for us.

Saying that a loss to armenia and hes probably gotta go or should go.

I think it depends on the performance. A hard fought and/or skilful display that is just derailed by some agonising bounce or decision going against us is one thing. But a third abject performance where the players don't turn up, and/or seem to meekly accept defeat and/or show no urgency as if it's an end of season friendly, then serious questions would need asked.

46 minutes ago, supersub said:

No, not at all.

The whole point about managers need to show more emotions on the touch line has never made sense to me. I would rather my manager remained in control of his emotions and was able to make rational decisions and think clearly. I think Graham Alexanders who is ranting and raving at decisions and getting himself sent to the stand is amateurish. Achieves nothing positive but actually weakens the team. I dont think any professional player of any calibre is reacting positive to a manager showing shouting and balling on the sideline  

3 minutes ago, exile said:

I think it depends on the performance. A hard fought and/or skilful display that is just derailed by some agonising bounce or decision going against us is one thing. But a third abject performance where the players don't turn up, and/or seem to meekly accept defeat and/or show no urgency as if it's an end of season friendly, then serious questions would need asked.

I think a comfortable win is paramount otherwise its not looking good. Couldnt see the sfa sacking him after what hes achieved but there will be a large amount of fans who will want him gone. There already seems like a large minority on here who think he should be gone and have been itching for a result like this to stick the boot in a guy whos done a pretty good job so far.

52 minutes ago, robbo cop said:

Scotland have been winning when least expected ( away to Austria and Serbia and at home to Denmark) then losing when we should be winning like today for years.

I am not in favour of Clarke being sacked, but there needs to be a plan B very soon, instead of persistently trying to get Robertson galloping down the left wing when every team we play knows that is where our main danger comes from in open play.

It is his job to change things and quickly. Granted that once Paterson is fully fit he can get forward on the other side, but decent Scotland sides from the past have had wingers to call upon but this squad has none and cannot think of any coming through.

Yup this is my thinking too. 

Clarke needs to come up with different formations for different personnel. When Tierney is out bin the three centre-backs and go to say 4-4-2 or 4-5-1 don't just stick with a formation that we have seen thrree times in key matches does not work without Tierney. Czech Republic in Euros 2-0 defeat, Ukraine in World Cup play-off 3-1 defeat and today lost 3-0. The fucking clues are there.

Folk who want him gone are kids having a tantrum. Starting threads saying he should ‘fuck off’ is purely rudiculous.

we’d go through a manager a year if you listened to that pish, and when you do sack quickly all that you attract are the shitey short-termers in for a quick payday and off…… so, anyway, is big Sam available ?

2 hours ago, slasher said:

Yaaassss! Love a wee face-off 😂

Its too easy to blame the manager. The players need to take a long hard look at themselves especially our EPL superstars McGinn, McTominay and Robertson.

The manager has enough credit in the bank to survive this . Failure to finish above Ireland would be a failure. I don’t buy this ‘most talented group in a generation’ patter regards the squad.

I suspect all those people calling for Clarke’s head would be surprised to know that his record in the qualifiers for Qatar is exactly the same as Craig Brown’s for France in 1998, finishing second in a six team group.  The qualification mechanism then meant we qualified as the best runner-up then, this time we went into a playoff which we obviously didn’t win.  Those were the best qualification campaigns we’ve had since the break up of the Soviet Union and former Yugoslavia. 

Today’s game was absolutely appalling and totally unacceptable but anyone calling for the manager’s head needs to be careful about what they wish for.