Steve Clarke Fuck Off - Page 2 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Steve Clarke Fuck Off

kumnio

Yaaassss! Love a wee face-off 😂

Its too easy to blame the manager. The players need to take a long hard look at themselves especially our EPL superstars McGinn, McTominay and Robertson.

The manager has enough credit in the bank to survive this . Failure to finish above Ireland would be a failure. I don’t buy this ‘most talented group in a generation’ patter regards the squad.

• Replies 710
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, slasher said:

Yaaassss! Love a wee face-off 😂

Its too easy to blame the manager. The players need to take a long hard look at themselves especially our EPL superstars McGinn, McTominay and Robertson.

The manager has enough credit in the bank to survive this . Failure to finish above Ireland would be a failure. I don’t buy this ‘most talented group in a generation’ patter regards the squad.

Couldn't agree more with this. 

The absolute minimum requirement of any Scotland team is guts, fight and controlled passion

We have none of that with Clarke

Just now, Ally Bongo said:

The absolute minimum requirement of any Scotland team is guts, fight and controlled passion

We have seen it with Clarke at the helm. He needs to get that out of them again.

The love in with Clarke is bizarre. McLeish got us to the Euros playoffs and Clarke got us over the line. Other than that he's fucked the euros, fucked the last nations league, fucked the Ukraine play off and fucked this tonight against a team that has only ever scored 2 nations league goals.....with a better set of players than any of his predecessors. 

If that was McLeish tonight everyone would be up in arms, but apparently we're making progress 🤔

1 minute ago, Ally Bongo said:

I agree on the sentiment but what would you call the performances against england, denmark and Israel recently?

It's been a poor result no question but he's had success.

It's been two horrendous results in a row, no counting Armenia, at the worst possible time.

He'll keep the job.

1 minute ago, dezmondo said:

The love in with Clarke is bizarre. McLeish got us to the Euros playoffs and Clarke got us over the line. Other than that he's fucked the euros, fucked the last nations league, fucked the Ukraine play off and fucked this tonight against a team that has only ever scored 2 nations league goals.....with a better set of players than any of his predecessors. 

If that was McLeish tonight everyone would be up in arms, but apparently we're making progress 🤔

You forget strachan!? Up in rankings and a calender year undefeated and got sacked! How many countries would do that!!!

3 minutes ago, dezmondo said:

I don’t think it’s a ‘love in.’ Some of us think he deserves a bit more time that’s all.

16 minutes ago, PapofGlencoe said:

He deservedly was getting all the plaudits only two weeks ago.

Two very poor performances but I'd still keep him.

However he's now deservedly under the cosh.

Don't get the vitriol though. 

The vitriol, I guess, is because he's inherited the best squad in a generation, including players from Chelsea, Liverpool and Manchester United, and in quick succession turned in two performances every bit as weak, guileless and disorganised as any produced by the Scotland teams of Vogts, Burley or Levein.

I get that the manager doesn't actually participate in the game, that once the players take the field he is limited in what he can do, but it begs the question, what the fuck are he and his coaches telling these players, many of them EPL regulars, before they cross take the field, to produce such a lethargic, passive and unispired performance??

We have seen this scenario played out over and over again over past 25+ years, yet we still give the manager that extra bit of time to fuck up just enough of the qualifers, before the next chump comes in. As someone pointed out, it was Mcleish that did the legwork for the Euros, so let's not kids ourselves that Clarke is the saviour of the national team, we soon saw it at the euros. He's had a decent run to keep in in for the rest of the nation's League (and I suspect the start of the Euros) so it's pointless in calling for his head

Edited by Bobby Russell's Lovechild

Just now, supersub said:

No inspiration. Standing on the touchline, hands behind back.

Gives impression he likes what he sees.

This does nothing to inspire 

he looked pissed off to me.

I get some people are annoyed and emotional right now but there's no need to make stuff up

3 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

he looked pissed off to me.

I get some people are annoyed and emotional right now but there's no need to make stuff up

Problem is, there is no visible annoyance of what he sees. Imagine Klopp being like that! It's like he just stands there like he's accepting the inevitable

Edited by Bobby Russell's Lovechild

1 minute ago, scotlad said:

The vitriol, I guess, is because he's inherited the best squad in a generation, including players from Chelsea, Liverpool and Manchester United, and in quick succession turned in two performances every bit as weak, guileless and disorganised as any produced by the Scotland teams of Vogts, Burley or Levein.

I get that the manager doesn't actually participate in the game, that once the players take the field he is limited in what he can do, but it begs the question, what the fuck are he and his coaches telling these players, many of them EPL regulars, before they cross take the field, to produce such a lethargic, passive and unispired performance??

definite question marks for me now don't get me wrong.  I'm reassessing if he's still capable.

We have had more to shout about recently than for many years.  Think he deserves a bit more respect than being called a clown and GTF.  maybe it's just me.

Under the cosh now though most definitely.

2 minutes ago, Bobby Russell's Lovechild said:

We have seen this scenario played out over and over again over past 25+ years, yet we still give the manager that extra bit of time to fuck up just enough of the qualify, before the next chump comes in. As someone pointed out, it was Mcleish that did the legwork for the Euros, so let's not kids ourselves that Clarke is the saviour of the national team, we soon saw it at the euros. He's had a decent run to keep in in for the rest of the nation's League (and I suspect the start of the Euros) so it's pointless in calling for his head

Usually I think calling for the manager to be sacked is a cop-out, but on this occasion I think there is some justification.

In two of the last three games we have punched below our weight. There's nae shame in losing to Ireland, especially in Ireland, but to barely even lay a glove on them just isn't acceptable (apologies for the boxing metaphors!).

9 minutes ago, slasher said:

It’s a matter of opinion. Whether or not you agree on his general point the vitriolic delivery is unnecessary and unjustified.

Fair enough, he should go. Maybe no need for the vitriol. He can’t respond to what’s in front of him, and I don’t think he can deviate from his preferred formation. On the spectrum? 

3 minutes ago, PapofGlencoe said:

definite question marks for me now don't get me wrong.  I'm reassessing if he's still capable.

We have had more to shout about recently than for many years.  Think he deserves a bit more respect than being called a clown and GTF.  maybe it's just me.

Under the cosh now though most definitely.

Possibly, but by Kumnio's standards those insults are mild. 😂

2 minutes ago, scotlad said:

Usually I think calling for the manager to be sacked is a cop-out, but on this occasion I think there is some justification.

In two of the last three games we have punched below our weight. There's nae shame in losing to Ireland, especially in Ireland, but to barely even lay a glove on them just isn't acceptable (apologies for the boxing metaphors!).

👍

26 minutes ago, dezmondo said:

If thatt was McLeish tonight everyone would be up in arms, but apparently we're making progress 🤔

Well we're not making progress, that's for sure. The question is whether he can turn things around once again.

Whatever was the matter with us not showing up in 2 games out of 3, needs to be sorted.

We need a performance, never mind a result.

4 minutes ago, Bobby Russell's Lovechild said:

Problem is, there is no visible annoyance of what he sees. Imagine Klopp being like! It's like he just stands there accepting the inevitable

Him not being animated doesn't bother me much. There's plenty of shite managers who lose their shit too. 

It's not just 2 out of 3

It's the two massive home games against the Czech Republic and Croatia last year as well

7 minutes ago, scotlad said:

Possibly, but by Kumnio's standards those insults are mild. 😂

Calling someone a clown isn’t exactly harsh is it. Some ‘fans’ on here are very timid it would seem.