Ireland Saturday - Page 15 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Ireland Saturday

ProudScot

25 minutes ago, Diamond Scot said:

Because defending isnt just about the final act. Hanley and Hendry and both in good positions. They cant press the passer as he is in midfield, they cant push out as it would leave 2 much space in behind and they cant drop deeper as generally thats not a good thing to do in the context of a wider game. Yes, when the ball is played Hendry could and probably should have turned abit quickly but at that stage its always a reaction thing.

It was Ralstons man, in that phase of play. He is lazy when tracking / doesnt recognise the danger and then just gives up the ghost / hopes somebody else will bail him out.

Not tracking a man is criminal at any level. Its so hard to play CB when the rest of the team arent tracking as its almost impossible to position yourself accodingly.

Fact is, if Hendry had reacted better then at best theres a chance the goal would have been prevented. If Ralston gets goal side and stays goal side when the guy gets off the floor then its not a goal. Its probably unlikely the ball even gets played. 

Go back and watch it again and concentrate in the scorer from the point the GK humps the ball forward.

Watched it many times and still cant see how its in any way ralstons fault. I think its a case of agreeing to disagree. More i watch it the more its clear  hendry and gordon are just too slow and casual in dealing with what should be a simple ball over the top.

Maybe some others on here might offer their opinion on it. 

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

54 minutes ago, mccaughey85 said:

Watched it many times and still cant see how its in any way ralstons fault. I think its a case of agreeing to disagree. More i watch it the more its clear  hendry and gordon are just too slow and casual in dealing with what should be a simple ball over the top.

Maybe some others on here might offer their opinion on it. 

Its funny how people see things differently. Watching at the time I thought it was Ralstons fault but I was already annoyed at him for his role in the 1st so before I posted I watched a couple of times before just to make sure I wasnt being harsh, then thought if anything it was more glaringly his fault. 

We all see things things differently though so totally respect others views.

On 6/11/2022 at 5:27 PM, Bobby Russell's Lovechild said:

Ralston best player for us by far. Why is Robertson being booed?

Chatting so some Irish lads in the Temple Bar pubs after the game & I asked the same question, (apparently it's a Man U / Liverpool thing)

They said most fans in Dublin are Man U / Celtic / Villa fans (don't know how true  that is though, especially the Villa part)

1 hour ago, glasgow jock said:

Chatting so some Irish lads in the Temple Bar pubs after the game & I asked the same question, (apparently it's a Man U / Liverpool thing)

They said most fans in Dublin are Man U / Celtic / Villa fans (don't know how true  that is though, especially the Villa part)

Think that could be right (Villa thing probably from Paul McGrath time, their best era)

13 minutes ago, Och Aye said:

Think that could be right (Villa thing probably from Paul McGrath time, their best era)

Aye, there's a generational element to it.

The older Irish fans are more likely to be Leeds, because of Johnny Giles in the 70s. Their sons more likely to be Man Utd because of Keane/Irwin in the 90s. Today you'll see a mix of EPL club tops. My neighbour's son supports Chelsea.

On 6/13/2022 at 2:59 PM, Diamond Scot said:

Its funny how people see things differently. Watching at the time I thought it was Ralstons fault but I was already annoyed at him for his role in the 1st so before I posted I watched a couple of times before just to make sure I wasnt being harsh, then thought if anything it was more glaringly his fault. 

We all see things things differently though so totally respect others views.

Neither of the first two goals were Raslton's fault, IMO. 

• 2 months later...

Not sure what thread to put this on but where would be the best places in Glasgow to get an official Scottish national team scarf? I normally collect scarves on away trips. Would there be stalls outside Hampden or a shop in the stadium/ city centre open on matchday that would sell those official national team scarves (not those half and half nonsense ones).

Thanks in advance lads 👍

50 minutes ago, irish said:

Not sure what thread to put this on but where would be the best places in Glasgow to get an official Scottish national team scarf? I normally collect scarves on away trips. Would there be stalls outside Hampden or a shop in the stadium/ city centre open on matchday that would sell those official national team scarves (not those half and half nonsense ones).

Thanks in advance lads 👍

There will almost certainly be guys selling merchandise outside Hampden but it won't be official!

In the city centre you could try Greaves Sports on Gordon Street, they're likely to have official merchandise, I'd have thought.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Irish,

You've obviously got the UNOFFICIAL stuff being sold on the streets approaching the stadium, but as Tartan Davie stated, there are a couple of OFFICIAL merchandise vans immediately next to the stadium (i.e. on stadium property). 

As it happens, there's usually one parked very close to the away fans turnstiles.  

I think there is also a shop attached/inside the Hampden Museum.

It's a great museum by the way, but I'm not sure if it's open on match-day.

https://scottishfootballmuseum.org.uk/