LONDON CALLING: BBC bias during the 2014 Scottish independence referendum - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

LONDON CALLING: BBC bias during the 2014 Scottish independence referendum

• 4 months later...

Just noticed less than 300 views for this while Scotty's on the georgia guidestones getting blown up is at 4.4k views.  😀 

Got to hand to him he is the Alex Jones of the TAMB.

I wonder if he does not post on here anymore as he can't monetize his content.

Apparently this is why messages boards will die (or adapt).

Nowadays they want to be Logan Paul and Andrew Tate(?) getting paid squillions just for views, for 'content', not giving it away for free on the TAMB or reddit.

Watch the doc, it's good.

If you want an example of a trick that BBC Scotland do *all the time* when it comes to a story that involves a confrontation or disagreement with the Scottish Government, there was a great example just now,

In a feature about budget cuts and pay deals, Glenn Campbell introduced a woman that he described as a “physiotherapist prepared to walk out on strike” except that she’s not exactly that.  A quick Google shows that she is a physiotherapist but is not currently serving as one as she’s seconded to a union role, so she won’t be going out on strike at all.

Nothing at all wrong with getting a TU official to make the case for their members but it’s not entirely transparent and could be described as misleading.   They’re not exactly lying, but their not telling the whole truth either  

This is usually done with someone who is a Labour Party member - no idea if that’s the case here - the next time you see Johanna Baxter on Reporting Scotland, you can be guaranteed she’ll be described as a UNISON official - which is true rather than the chair of Labour’s NEC, which is also true. 

8 minutes ago, thplinth said:

Well feel free to start a thread on it and post a link (instead of sucking on BBC dick).

One of the things that always intrigues me about you is why someone who has spent time working in the USA to the point where his vocabulary is peppered with Americanisms (see above) which demonstrates a degree of cultural acclimatisation appears to hate the USA so much.  It’s a very interesting contradiction.

So let me get this crystal clear here... you're problem is I said dick and not tadger. 😀

FFS aaid, get a grip. 😉

edit: that might have been a bit subtle. obviously I mean 'a grip of that pulsating throbbing veined BBC chopper'! 😀

Edited by thplinth

56 minutes ago, thplinth said:

So let me get this crystal clear here... you're problem is I said dick and not tadger. 😀

FFS aaid, get a grip. 😉

edit: that might have been a bit subtle. obviously I mean 'a grip of that pulsating throbbing veined BBC chopper'! 😀

Interesting. 

No matter what your views on Ukraine, this terminology shows the BBC establishment propaganda machine in full flow. Head of the National Grid with total Government speak. "Putin's illegal invasion of Ukraine" - straight from the 'terms to be used as much as possible' list.

Edited by Och Aye

As someone who is coming up to 2 decades of not paying license cause of BBC propoganda during Iraq invasion. I'm not getting the point here. It was an illegal invasion all wars of aggression are.

Of course the BBC is always in full flow with bullshit. I think both things can be correct.

10 minutes ago, phart said:

As someone who is coming up to 2 decades of not paying license cause of BBC propoganda during Iraq invasion. I'm not getting the point here. It was an illegal invasion all wars of aggression are.

Of course the BBC is always in full flow with bullshit. I think both things can be correct.

He's not a politician tho. He's been directed in his language. Have you ever used that term? If that was me or you being interviewed we'd likely say - the situation in Ukraine or something along those lines 

19 minutes ago, Och Aye said:

He's not a politician tho. He's been directed in his language. Have you ever used that term? If that was me or you being interviewed we'd likely say - the situation in Ukraine or something along those lines 

I think it’s more that as the CEO of National Grid, he’s trying to deflect away from their lack of investment over decades in getting the power system into a position where it’s capable of withstanding an external shock.  Not saying that’s all down to National Grid on their own but they’re part of the problem  

If you think about it there’s no real reason why the UK should not be self sufficient when it comes to power.  

54 minutes ago, Och Aye said:

I used the term "Blair's illegal war" just yesterday (and on other occasions). I sometimes use "Bush's illegal war", depending on the situation. 

1 hour ago, Och Aye said:

I don't think I've used the term "Putin's illegal invasion of Ukraine" but I don't think the qualification for whether someone says something coached is , have i used the term. Although what you're saying isn't implausible now I think on it.

You might be right. Or maybe he has heard it on the BBC or elsewhere and just parrots it. The way others parrot what they see/hear in media.

1 hour ago, phart said:

I don't think I've used the term "Putin's illegal invasion of Ukraine" but I don't think the qualification for whether someone says something coached is , have i used the term. Although what you're saying isn't implausible now I think on it.

You might be right. Or maybe he has heard it on the BBC or elsewhere and just parrots it. The way others parrot what they see/hear in media.

Like "dodgy dossier".