Scotrail For Armenia - Page 2 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scotrail For Armenia

BigLewy

It is all about drivers' on an overtime ban therefore there are not enough drivers to offer a full service throught the day as a result. ScotRail have had to bring out this reduced timetable as a result. For many years timetables were easily coverable due to countless drivers doing overtime covering the services. Apparently, new drivers are being trained but this takes time.

Edited by Caledonian Craig

12 hours ago, Texas Pete said:

I wouldn’t let Scotrail’s pish make me miss a match but I can understand why some people would, especially if they’re not from Glasgow. 

Will be interesting to see how many people turn up tomorrow night. 

Sadly there is no physical way to get back home post game. One car is going to drive, but we cant fit 8 in it 🙂

2 hours ago, Caledonian Craig said:

It is all about drivers' on an overtime ban therefore there are not enough drivers to offer a full service throught the day as a result. ScotRail have had to bring out this reduced timetable as a result. For many years timetables were easily coverable due to countless drivers doing overtime covering the services. Apparently, new drivers are being trained but this takes time.

It's all sturgeons fault apparently 

14 hours ago, Texas Pete said:

Did you get this bus last week? Were they easy to get on or was there a big queue? 

I didn't get it to Hampden (got a 75) but I got one going back. It was actually pretty good. There were plenty of buses lined up and they just sent them out as they filled up.

10 minutes ago, KirkieRobRoy said:

I didn't get it to Hampden (got a 75) but I got one going back. It was actually pretty good. There were plenty of buses lined up and they just sent them out as they filled up.

I have a feeling it might be more of a farce tonight as there are no trains on at all. Crowd will be much smaller though so it’s hard to tell. 

1 hour ago, Texas Pete said:

I have a feeling it might be more of a farce tonight as there are no trains on at all. Crowd will be much smaller though so it’s hard to tell. 

Am I the only one who's going to have to leave before the end? I'm sure if you're playing it doesn't do you any good to see your home support leaving with ten minutes to go.

8 minutes ago, Hertsscot said:

Am I the only one who's going to have to leave before the end? I'm sure if you're playing it doesn't do you any good to see your home support leaving with ten minutes to go.

I will stay until the end then walk into the city centre for a coach home. Trains are not the only means of transport. If I walk fast enough to catch the last train to Edinburgh (10.15pm) then happy days.

2 hours ago, Hertsscot said:

Doesn’t seem to bother Rangers players too much.😏

2 hours ago, Caledonian Craig said:

I will stay until the end then walk into the city centre for a coach home. Trains are not the only means of transport. If I walk fast enough to catch the last train to Edinburgh (10.15pm) then happy days.

just can’t be bothered with the uncertainty. I fly to London first thing in the morning, the last thing I want is a ball ache getting home or worse stuck.

6 hours ago, supersub said:

Over 38,000 tonight which was great given the opposition and Scotrail fiasco.

Well done

Is that tickets sold or actual bums on seats? Didn't look like 38,000 to me. I would have guessed closer to 30,000.

I got the train out to Hampden but got the bus back. I was actually back in Glasgow quicker than I would have been if the trains were on. I think I will be looking at doing that again. Might be different with a full house and trains running so could be less buses. Wasn’t as bad as I expected.