Scotrail For Armenia - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scotrail For Armenia

BigLewy

6 hours ago, BigLewy said:

Does anybody think there will be any extra trains this week for the Armenia game or is it no chance because its not the playoff

Last train from Mount Florida to Central on Wednesday night is currently listed as 2046 so they either haven’t announced extra trains yet or the aren’t going to. 

I think I’ll be taking the car at this rate. 

19 hours ago, Texas Pete said:

Last train from Mount Florida to Central on Wednesday night is currently listed as 2046 so they either haven’t announced extra trains yet or the aren’t going to. 

I think I’ll be taking the car at this rate. 

I doubt there will be extra trains. I have booked a CityLink bus back to Edinburgh.

4 hours ago, Caledonian Craig said:

I doubt there will be extra trains. I have booked a CityLink bus back to Edinburgh.

Getting from Hampden into the city centre to catch your bus will be fun if they don’t put extra trains on. 

Trying to get on a bus will be a pain and it’s about a 45-60 minute walk.

Ridiculous we’re even having this conversation really. The world has gone mad. 

2 minutes ago, Texas Pete said:

Getting from Hampden into the city centre to catch your bus will be fun if they don’t put extra trains on. 

Trying to get on a bus will be a pain and it’s about a 45-60 minute walk.

Ridiculous we’re even having this conversation really. The world has gone mad. 

I have walked from Hampden into the city centre post-match a few times and can do it in about 45 minutes. My coach does not leave until 23.30 so gives me plenty of time as guaranteed no extra-time/penalties.

1 minute ago, Caledonian Craig said:

I have walked from Hampden into the city centre post-match a few times and can do it in about 45 minutes. My coach does not leave until 23.30 so gives me plenty of time as guaranteed no extra-time/penalties.

Aye the walk is doable but it’s a pain in the erse if it’s raining. Or if we don’t get a result. 

A win and a nice night and it won’t be too bad. 

1 hour ago, Jute said:

Take it there is still nothing been announced about trains for the Armenia game. 

Haven’t seen anything. Last train from Mount Florida is still 2046 according to Scotrail app. 

Extra trains for Ukraine game were announced last Sunday I think so they would likely have announced any extra trains for this Wednesday already if there was going to be any. 

7 hours ago, BigLewy said:

Contacted sfa yesterday to ask if they were pressurising scotrail to put the same trains on as last week, they said scotrail don't want to put the trains on this week 

This will have a big impact on the crowd tomorrow night. Getting back into town after the game in the (probable) rain will be fun as well. Can’t wait. 

16 minutes ago, KirkieRobRoy said:

Will they be doing those special buses between Hampden and the city centre this week, I wonder?

SFA email says there will be a shuttle bus service from centre to Hampden costing £5 return. 

6 hours ago, Texas Pete said:

This will have a big impact on the crowd tomorrow night. Getting back into town after the game in the (probable) rain will be fun as well. Can’t wait. 

Yeah, we've now decided to avoid on that basis. Just too much hastle. Fuck Scotrail.

This is some quote. Phil Campbell, ScotRail's head of customer operations, said the operator was "doing all we can to help football fans head to Hampden and cheer on the national team".

How? 😆

2 minutes ago, Stu101 said:

Yeah, we've now decided to avoid on that basis. Just too much hastle. Fuck Scotrail.

This is some quote. Phil Campbell, ScotRail's head of customer operations, said the operator was "doing all we can to help football fans head to Hampden and cheer on the national team".

How? 😆

Not going on strike! 

1 hour ago, Stu101 said:

How? 😆

I wouldn’t let Scotrail’s pish make me miss a match but I can understand why some people would, especially if they’re not from Glasgow. 

Will be interesting to see how many people turn up tomorrow night. 

1 hour ago, Stu101 said:

How? 😆

Technically he’s correct. They are helping fans HEAD to Hampden, just not getting back home after it……😂

Edited by aufc_bawbag

6 hours ago, Texas Pete said:

Did you get this bus last week? Were they easy to get on or was there a big queue? 

I got the bus up last week. There was a bit of a queue this was more down to folk paying and tossers just going straight to the front when a bus pulled up. They filled one and off it went then another came down. It didn't take long to get to Hampden and there were plenty buses waiting after the game. I haven't seen anything about today's game though. I have emailed first Glasgow but haven't heard from them as yet.