v Armenia - Page 2 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

v Armenia

supersub

6 hours ago, Grim Jim said:

Well I hope the team are interested.

World Cup is done.   Turn the page.   Qualifying for Germany in 2024 would be brilliant for us fans.   Feck FIFA for choosing Qatar.

Only trouble is.You may be turning the page but you are still reading from the same book.

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, thesaint said:

They weren't interested last night.If they were they were keeping it well hidden.

3 minutes ago, thesaint said:

Only trouble is.You may be turning the page but you are still reading from the same book.

Look, I'm not called grim for nothin', but I'm trying 😄

Gordon

Patterson.   Hendry.     McKenna.    Robbo

Mctominay         

Mcginn.    Mcgregor

Armstrong.    Stewart.     Christie

Edited by Templeton_Peck

20 hours ago, AlfieMoon said:

This is basically the answer.  

3 at back is to find a solution to fit Robbo and KT into a team.  They’ve got it working brilliantly to the point that they both threaten with overlapping runs.  Without that combination, we’re as well playing a back 4 and let everyone play to natural strengths/positions. 

And don’t ever start McTominay at RCB again. 

Yep, I agree, sensible and we need a boost, we need to get going again and win the next 3 games. 

I personally would like to see Hendry, Ralston, Brown, Armstrong and Stewart start. I would also like to see a new formation from the off. I would also like to only see McTominay start in midfield, so I suppose Im asking for a 4 2 3 1. And I want to see Turnbull get atleast 20 minutes.

Edited by romanticscot

Guest Scot1

Gordon

Patterson Hendry McKenna Robbo

Campbell

McTominay Gilmour McGregor 

McGinn      
                           Stewart

we probably could play 4-3-3 against Armenia but I’ve included Campbell as a defensive midfielder to see how he performs in the role. 
A role I believe Tierney potentially could also fulfil, thus still getting both Tierney and Robertson on the pitch. 
 I’m also open to Souttar instead of Hendry, I’ve not really seen enough of Souttar yet to make a judgement between the two.  

Guest Scot1

If players are being are being rested, saved for the Ireland game, you could go with something like 

Keeper ?

Ralston Hendry McKenna Hickey/Taylor

Campbell

Ferguson Turnbull Armstrong    

Christie/Brown

Stewart/Dykes

2 minutes ago, Scot1 said:

If players are being are being rested, saved for the Ireland game, you could go with something like 

Keeper ?

Ralston Hendry McKenna Hickey/Taylor

Campbell

Ferguson Turnbull Armstrong    

Christie/Brown

Stewart/Dykes

That’s maybe a little bit too far experimentally. We need to win this game. Certainly would like to see McKenna, Souttar, Stewart, Christie start. 

Guest Scot1
9 minutes ago, bigfingers said:

That’s maybe a little bit too far experimentally. We need to win this game. Certainly would like to see McKenna, Souttar, Stewart, Christie start. 

You’re probably right but it gives an idea of the squad depth. It’s a shame Jack isn’t available or I’d be tempted to go with him instead of Gilmour, if he is needing rested. If McGregor needs resting, I’d go for Turnbull. 

Edited by Scot1

Would like to see Ross Stewart in the line up for this one. Try and get the ball to him to hold up and link with the midfield bringing others into play. Would prefer Adams in as well but he seemed to tire towards the end of Wednesday night so Brown might be a possibility.

I'm sure we'll enjoy the majority of possession as Armenia will sit in and be compact with numbers behind the ball so would like to see the creativity of Gilmour and Christie to pick a pass.

Armstrong would also bring an energy and drive going forward.

I certainly think these are the type of games we need to experiment with new formations. With Tierney out the three at the back with wing-backs is pretty pointless. We should try a 4-5-1 giving a chance to Souttar and McKenna in central defence. At right-back start with Patterson with Robertson at left-back. In midfield play McTominay, McGregor and Gilmour with Christie and McGinn ahead of them with Adams up front and give a good portion of the game to Brown or Stewart so we can see what they have to offer.

1 hour ago, Caledonian Craig said:

I certainly think these are the type of games we need to experiment with new formations. With Tierney out the three at the back with wing-backs is pretty pointless. We should try a 4-5-1 giving a chance to Souttar and McKenna in central defence. At right-back start with Patterson with Robertson at left-back. In midfield play McTominay, McGregor and Gilmour with Christie and McGinn ahead of them with Adams up front and give a good portion of the game to Brown or Stewart so we can see what they have to offer.

Definitely, and blood a new goalie as well.  Ridiculous we didn't do that in the 2 recent friendlies.

5 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

Norway put 9 (nine) past this mob. We should be able to beat them with our C team

Key is to get an early goal then we should be on easy street. The longer it goes goalless the more difficult it would become as in fans will be on their backs and Armenia would grow in confidence. Wouldn't go expecting a 9-0 though as Norway played against 10 men for almost 75 minutes.

Edited by Caledonian Craig