v Armenia - Page 13 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

v Armenia

supersub

4 hours ago, stocky said:

I think we should judge this game after we have played all our 3 games this month.

7points is minimum I expect, 9 would be a tremendous week.however 5 could be the outcome 🤔

However I feel that goal difference could come into it by September,if we and Ukraine trade home wins( hopefully) 

They will win by more than 2 at home methinx.

Could be 3. 

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, weekevie04 said:

Decent performance and a better team would have put 6 or 7 past them. 

We lack cutting edge in the final third and a natural goalscorer. We had all the possesion and loads of shots on goal but our finishing is terrible. Its clear that norway managed to put 9 past them due to having guys like sorloth,king,haaland. Obviously armenia going down to 10 men after 17 mins helped but i doubt we could put 9 past a 10 man armenia. 

We defo need a couple of genuine class forwards if we are to progress and become alot better.

Christie wasn’t great either, McGinn and Armstrong pretty average. We moved to ball too slowly despite being gifted possession in their half on numerous occasions. That’s as poor an away team I’ve seen at hampden for awhile, especially in the first half. 

In fact they were that bad I don’t think we can take much away from it in terms of moving forward except be happy for the 3 points. 

Just now, mccaughey85 said:

We lack cutting edge in the final third and a natural goalscorer. We had all the possesion and loads of shots on goal but our finishing is terrible. Its clear that norway managed to put 9 past them due to having guys like sorloth,king,haaland. Obviously armenia going down to 10 men after 17 mins helped but i doubt we could put 9 past a 10 man armenia. 

We defo need a couple of genuine class forwards if we are to progress and become alot better.

Next to no one puts 9 past any team these days. Their Keeper made two world class saves and a couple of the poor finishing attempts might go in on another day.

On the other hand if we had carried on playing like we did in the first ten minutes it probably could have been 9.

Sometimes think people who watch football don't realise how hard it is to actually score a goal.

10 minutes ago, ceudmilefailte said:

Next to no one puts 9 past any team these days. Their Keeper made two world class saves and a couple of the poor finishing attempts might go in on another day.

On the other hand if we had carried on playing like we did in the first ten minutes it probably could have been 9.

Sometimes think people who watch football don't realise how hard it is to actually score a goal.

Yeh true but i doubt we could put 5 or 6 past a 10 man armenia. We just dont have the forwards that norway do. Norways strength is attacking players, they have sorloth, odegard, haaland, king, elyounoussi. We dont have that attacking strength and we struggle to convert chances.

We should be able to beat that armenia side at least 3 or 4 nil based on how poor they were. We absolutely dominated them and they barely got out of their own half.

I'm not getting Che Adams.

He wants a second touch when he should be shooting.

He runs a lot with no final product.

He seems deflated when things aren't going his way.

The two goals we scored last night came from crosses into the box but we stopped that tactic in the second half, the last 45 was incredibly hard to watch, they were for the pummelling and we didn't deliver. I'm as frustrated watching Scotland now as I was under vogts

On 6/9/2022 at 1:55 PM, Tartan_Tonna said:

One more thing I'd say.

Hampden was electric. 38,000 just reading the attendance.

The fans were there in numbers. The feel good factor was there. These are Scotland fans that are not giving up. (The dark old days are long gone). Everyone is united behind this team. 

I thought that a change of management was a good idea. I take it all back. I'm fully behind Steve Clarke. 

I'm bigging Ralston up because of his attitude. The guy is everything we need in the Scotland team. He can cross a ball. And he can cross on parity with Robertson on the left. 

He'll put his head to anything. He'll never shy away from a tackle. 

He starts against Ireland. And again in Armenia. He is the first name on the team sheet for me. On yourself Tony. Thank you. 

Oops 😬 

On 6/7/2022 at 1:40 AM, dezmondo said:

I'm a dentist...

Well fuck I am amazed to actually find one even if it is online. 😀

Where is the best place to get your (full set) teeth done dezmondo?  Turkey? USA? Somewhere else (not the UK)?

9 minutes ago, thplinth said:

Well fuck I am amazed to actually find one even if it is online. 😀

Where is the best place to get your (full set) teeth done dezmondo?  Turkey? USA? Somewhere else (not the UK)?

Budapest. Pre Covid my mate got nice set of implants ( Not Bill Bob Teeth type)  8 Top and Bottom about £2500