v Armenia - Page 4 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

v Armenia

supersub

Tony Ralston should play. Celtic fan here. The guy has the fight and grit that Scotland were missing the other night. 

At left back I would play Aaron Hickey to help him restore his confidence in his natual position. 19 years old on the rise. I'd also play Andy Robertson he doesn't deserve a day off. 

I'll be at Hampden Park. 

Edited by Tartan_Tonna

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One thing is sure - a sea of negativity is not going to get us results against Armenia let alone Republic of Ireland. 

We, the players AND THE FANS, need a positive mindset that we can and will do this. Start rebuilding confidence and build for our next task - qualifying for the Euros in Germany in 2024 - a proper country unlike Qatar. 

There is no point sitting here with quivering bottom lip blubbering over what might have been it is now all about what can be. I'll be there with a positive mindset to hopefully see us start on a winning note in our next tournament.

3 hours ago, ger intae them said:

After yesterdays result, looked at their wc qualifing results…….. not as bad as I thought.

Looking fwd to this game now. Shouldn’t even be a potential banana skin, but needs focus. Over to you Stevie boy….

Aye, they beat Iceland, Romania and Macedonia, who knocked Italy out of the World Cup. But they also got a couple of humpings as well. Might depend on which Armenia team turns up. But more importantly, are Scotland's players going to turn up this time?

7 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

But more importantly, are Scotland's players going to turn up this time?

And if they do turn up what is the mindset? Feeling sorry for themselves will get us nowhere. Up and at them and angry looking to prove they can actually play the game is the right mindset.

3 hours ago, thesaint said:

Only thing i'm sad at is that abomination on Wednesday. As for losing interest quickly, i think the fact i have been following home and away for 50 odd years kicks that particular accusation into touch. 

It wasn’t an accusation. You actually stated you had no interest in Wednesday night’s game and I commented on it. 

If you are in your mid to late 50s (or older) the way you behave on here is an absolute embarrassment. I genuinely thought you were a teenager. 

Guest Scot1
53 minutes ago, ger intae them said:

All agreed, we fucked it Wednesday night…… now need to prove we’re decent and that was a blip…….it needs a good start.

To be fair to Clarke and the players, we have managed to get results against the lower seeded teams we’ve been expected to beat. Hopefully that continues on Wednesday.

One thing that I would like to see the back of is McTominay in defence, get this in the bin! Never been comfortable seeing him there and just imagine being McKenna, having the best season of your career, or Soutar, who played well against Denmark, and being told you're not playing, because the position you actually play in, is yet again being given to someone because of who he plays for, even though that's not the position he plays in and he's had a terrible season. If he can't find a space for him in midfield, bench him!

3 hours ago, Texas Pete said:

It wasn’t an accusation. You actually stated you had no interest in Wednesday night’s game and I commented on it. 

If you are in your mid to late 50s (or older) the way you behave on here is an absolute embarrassment. I genuinely thought you were a teenager. 

I'm not the one who calls himself texas pete and uses that fucking stupid picture beside it. 

1 minute ago, thesaint said:

I'm not the one who calls himself texas pete and uses that fucking stupid picture beside it. 

There’s a difference between having a nickname and being an immature cry baby. 

Grow up mate. 

7 hours ago, Caledonian Craig said:

One thing is sure - a sea of negativity is not going to get us results against Armenia let alone Republic of Ireland. 

We, the players AND THE FANS, need a positive mindset that we can and will do this. Start rebuilding confidence and build for our next task - qualifying for the Euros in Germany in 2024 - a proper country unlike Qatar. 

There is no point sitting here with quivering bottom lip blubbering over what might have been it is now all about what can be. I'll be there with a positive mindset to hopefully see us start on a winning note in our next tournament.

It’s fury, not a blubbering lip. We need to ditch this loser mentality that so many Scottish people have. 

2 minutes ago, Caledonian Craig said:

End of the day - like I said before is all that matters now is we forget last Wednesday and move on. Make sure we get a positive result against Armenia and get our next tournament off to the best possible start.

Indeed. The World Cup is gone. We need to concentrate on having a good Nations League and then a good qualifying campaign for Euro 2024.

I’d rather be going to Germany than Qatar anyway so we need to put everything into these games. 

4 minutes ago, Caledonian Craig said:

End of the day - like I said before is all that matters now is we forget last Wednesday and move on. Make sure we get a positive result against Armenia and get our next tournament off to the best possible start.

Best possible start is essential, of course. A bit of humility from Clarke wouldn’t go amiss. He made the players look inept (in my opinion) and I don’t doubt there will be mutterings of discontent in the camp as a consequence.  

5 minutes ago, er yir macaroon said:

Best possible start is essential, of course. A bit of humility from Clarke wouldn’t go amiss. He made the players look inept (in my opinion) and I don’t doubt there will be mutterings of discontent in the camp as a consequence.  

Clarke needs to accept that the formation he is using does not work when Tierney isn’t available (which is more often than not) and that McTominay should not be playing in defence. If he can do that and can come up with an alternative plan then hopefully we can have a good start on Wednesday and build on it against Ireland. I don’t mind If he comes out and admits it or not but he has to realise it and act on it.