v Armenia - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

v Armenia

supersub

Do we see any major changes for the game next week - will Clarke change the formation or freshen things up for this one?

Need to get off to a flier in this new campaign and try to build some momentum (and get over last night's shambles).

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He needs to change the formation as the one he's using only works if Tierney is available. How often was Cooper up supporting Robertson on his runs?  Hardly his fault of course, but that's the whole point of that system.

McTominay needs to GTF out of that defence cos he's a liability.  If he's going to arse around with the ball and lose it, which happens far too often, then I'd rather he did it when there's covering defenders behind him.  John Souttar needs to come into the backline.  He's comfy with the ball at his feet and at least knows how to defend.

What I would like to see probably won’t happen. With no KT play Robbo in his normal left back position, if fit play Paterson in his normal right back position, have 2 players supporting the one striker. Basically a 4-5-1 but a 4-3-3 when we attack. 

Have a ticket, won’t be going.  Can’t be arsed trailing across Scotland to stand in a queue outside the ground, get in to the game half an hour late, watch a gutless scotland performance cos it’s end of season and they can’t be arsed. Oh, and also be hungry as the sfa, despite hosting games for hundreds of years, don’t order enough pies so they have run out by half time.

46 minutes ago, Malcolm said:

Have a ticket, won’t be going.  Can’t be arsed trailing across Scotland to stand in a queue outside the ground, get in to the game half an hour late, watch a gutless scotland performance cos it’s end of season and they can’t be arsed. Oh, and also be hungry as the sfa, despite hosting games for hundreds of years, don’t order enough pies so they have run out by half time.

Please return your ticket then and not harvest a point from someone who wants to follow the team.

16 minutes ago, Grim Jim said:

Please return your ticket then and not harvest a point from someone who wants to follow the team.

i bought the season ticket so won’t be returning it.  If the sfa want to package it like this, this is a risk they take.

3 hours ago, Malcolm said:

i bought the season ticket so won’t be returning it.  If the sfa want to package it like this, this is a risk they take.

They won't care if you turn up or not as long they've got your money. 

6 hours ago, supersub said:

Do we see any major changes for the game next week - will Clarke change the formation or freshen things up for this one?

Need to get off to a flier in this new campaign and try to build some momentum (and get over last night's shambles).

To be honest. It's hard to even feign an interest

3 minutes ago, Grim Jim said:

Well I hope the team are interested.

World Cup is done.   Turn the page.   Qualifying for Germany in 2024 would be brilliant for us fans.   Feck FIFA for choosing Qatar.

Exactly. Most of us didn't want to go to Qatar anyway. The last campaign were just warm up games for EURO 2024. Next Wednesday is the first step towards that. Need three points then move on to the next game.

6 hours ago, bigfingers said:

What I would like to see probably won’t happen. With no KT play Robbo in his normal left back position, if fit play Paterson in his normal right back position, have 2 players supporting the one striker. Basically a 4-5-1 but a 4-3-3 when we attack. 

This is basically the answer.  

3 at back is to find a solution to fit Robbo and KT into a team.  They’ve got it working brilliantly to the point that they both threaten with overlapping runs.  Without that combination, we’re as well playing a back 4 and let everyone play to natural strengths/positions. 

And don’t ever start McTominay at RCB again. 

Gordon

odonnel.  Souttar. Hendry McKenna  robertson

Mctominay mcgregor mcginn

Dykes Adams

1 hour ago, Malcolm said:

Gordon

odonnel.  Souttar. Hendry McKenna  robertson

Mctominay mcgregor mcginn

Dykes Adams

Why would you have 3 CBs and 2 up front after that performance last night? 

20 minutes ago, Clyde1998 said:

Gordon

Patterson (Hickey) - Souttar - McKenna - Robertson

Armstong - Gilmour - McGregor

Christie - McGinn

Adams

4-3-3 with the ball, dropping into a 4-5-1 without it; go to dominate the midfield.

I like the look of that. Five ball players in the middle of the park. Might be a bit dodgy in central defence but nothing new there, even when we have three central defenders. Worth a try against Armenia at home.

We also need to start giving another goalie some time on the pitch at some point as well.

I like it too Clyde!

I'm still thinking some players could be rested... not out of disrespect to Armenia, but it is June.

Feck it, we don't have to slug it out in Wales, get back to work!   📈

6 hours ago, Grim Jim said:

Well I hope the team are interested.

World Cup is done.   Turn the page.   Qualifying for Germany in 2024 would be brilliant for us fans.   Feck FIFA for choosing Qatar.

They weren't interested last night.If they were they were keeping it well hidden.