Sfa… sort out the turnstile shambles pronto - Page 2 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Sfa… sort out the turnstile shambles pronto

Malcolm

1 hour ago, Debian said:

The QR code isn't working because you're in the wrong area, or have the wrong ticket.

There are signs beside each turnstile telling you why your QR code returns a green, orange, or red response.

A steward would still need to check that ticket, and then promptly get you back out.

Don't think it's as simple as that. No doubt that's the answer to some of the problems but not all of them.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, neilser said:

I couldn't get away from Aberdeen till after 3pm due to having to collect my sons from their schools to take down to the match. Didn't get parked in central Glasgow till just after 7pm & then we were fortunate to get a taxi quickly. We still only got to the ground at 7.35pm and fully expected massive queues but there were only 3 or 4 ahead of us at each turnstile at the South Stand and the printed out tickets were fine. We were very lucky...

I heard that they closed the M80 northbound after the game somewhere around the Denny turnoff. Did they really do that? Wouldn't put it past them but might be bullshit?

9 minutes ago, Debian said:

It actually is.  

I saw at least 10 folk have to reverse out of one turnstile to be told to try another turnstile. They went into the one next to it, in the exact same section, and hey presto it worked first time.  There must be a problem with some of the code readers.

8 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

I saw at least 10 folk have to reverse out of one turnstile to be told to try another turnstile. They went into the one next to it, in the exact same section, and hey presto it worked first time.  There must be a problem with some of the code readers.

OK Walter Mitty.  Sure 

4 hours ago, neilser said:

I couldn't get away from Aberdeen till after 3pm due to having to collect my sons from their schools to take down to the match. Didn't get parked in central Glasgow till just after 7pm & then we were fortunate to get a taxi quickly. We still only got to the ground at 7.35pm and fully expected massive queues but there were only 3 or 4 ahead of us at each turnstile at the South Stand and the printed out tickets were fine. We were very lucky...

I was in the south stand and pretty much walked straight in at 7. Is there more turnstiles per person there? 

Got in so early I went for a pie, would probably have been quicker running across the pitch to the North stand. Don't ever remember waiting half an hour over there for hospitality. 

Could be a case of your average south stand attendee not drinking as much or them having kids to show them how QR codes work. 

1 hour ago, Orraloon said:

I heard that they closed the M80 northbound after the game somewhere around the Denny turnoff. Did they really do that? Wouldn't put it past them but might be bullshit?

Getting back to Dundee, we went back via Kincardine so that would explain it, I just thought the driver got lost.

"Get there earlier", that's what the Polis were saying when fowk were moaning at them. 
GOt to say I don't understand how or why the gates can get so choked up, I've never had a problem with a QR ticket, scan and in so how the hell it took over half an hour to get through the queue is baffling, we set off extra early and still missed the first 8mins.  

In the old days I’d leave the Shazam curry house 15 minutes from kick off and be in for the anthems.  Now you arrive half an hour early and still get in well late. 

the queuing in the north stand is shambolic too. I have mostly been in the west stand which is my preference.

1 hour ago, Malcolm said:

In the old days I’d leave the Shazam curry house 15 minutes from kick off and be in for the anthems.  Now you arrive half an hour early and still get in well late. 

the queuing in the north stand is shambolic too. I have mostly been in the west stand which is my preference.

Exactly. 

seeing stories come to light on Facebook of young kids being separated from their parents as the kid went through the turnistiles and then the parents tickets wouldn’t work and them then being directed to other turnistiles. Terrible.

come on sfa…  absolutely not good enough.  Surely to goodness you put someone in that can over ride the scanners. 

7 hours ago, Malcolm said:

seeing stories come to light on Facebook of young kids being separated from their parents as the kid went through the turnistiles and then the parents tickets wouldn’t work and them then being directed to other turnistiles. Terrible.

come on sfa…  absolutely not good enough.  Surely to goodness you put someone in that can over ride the scanners. 

It was definitely happening, although some folk seem to find it hard to believe. The QR code wouldn't work on one turnstile then they move to the turnstile, right next to it, and it worked fine. There must be a problem with the scanners. 

There is definitely a problem with the technology. I got to the north stand about ten past 7 and only just got in for the national anthems. When I joined the queues they were miles long, so any suggestion that fans didnt get there early enough and were too tanked up to figure out how to use the scanners is miles off. There were clearly people there who had been there since before 7pm and the majority were sober. If thats not early enough to get into the ground for an 8pm kick off then its the system that is the problem, not the fans. That said, my ticket scanned first time, so I had no personal issue, but the whole thing needs looking at. 

Arrived to go into the North Stand at 7:10 and missed the first 5 mins. The queue next to us moved much quicker than ours as they had two turnstiles. Surely even having people directing traffic to ensure 1 queue for 2 turnstile would have helped. 

Got a ticket for the Northern Ireland game last night and my BIL told us to turn up with 5 mins to spare. Literally waited 1 minute tops and we were in and that was with QR codes. I think queue management is more of an issue than the codes themselves. At least the Armenia game will be a bit quieter 😔

20 hours ago, Orraloon said:

Aye,  I saw lots of lights and cones in the road ahead and both my car satnav and the one on my phone recommended the route via the Clackmannanshire bridge (which we took) so that sounds right...

14 hours ago, Malcolm said:

It's something that's in the back of my mind when taking my boys in, as they're both fairly young. I always try to put them through the turnstile  first on the basis that they'll probably be able to find their seats if my tickets doesn't work for any reason but it's still not a pleasant thought.

3 hours ago, Judith said:

There is definitely a problem with the technology. I got to the north stand about ten past 7 and only just got in for the national anthems. When I joined the queues they were miles long, so any suggestion that fans didnt get there early enough and were too tanked up to figure out how to use the scanners is miles off. There were clearly people there who had been there since before 7pm and the majority were sober. If thats not early enough to get into the ground for an 8pm kick off then its the system that is the problem, not the fans. That said, my ticket scanned first time, so I had no personal issue, but the whole thing needs looking at. 

It doesn't help when some folk don't know what the kick off time is. 😉

On 6/2/2022 at 3:44 PM, Malcolm said:

What’s wrong with paper tickets - worked for years. Take your ticket out your pocket, hand it over.

Bad for the environment? Costs more than digital tickets? UEFA made the SFA install automatic gates for Euro 2020 so they might as well use them. 

16 hours ago, Malcolm said:

My QR code ticket wouldn't work. Was definitely at the right turnstiles, so that wasn't the problem.

Got the steward supervisor to scan the ticket, and his system said it had already been used about 10 minutes previously.

I assumed my mate who booked the tickets for 6 of us had fucked up and sent 2 of us the same ticket, but he's adamant he sent us all the correct tickets.

In the end, the lassies in the ticket office issued me a paper ticket for the same seat which worked fine. Got in just before half time.

10 minutes ago, Dave78 said:

My QR code ticket wouldn't work. Was definitely at the right turnstiles, so that wasn't the problem.

Got the steward supervisor to scan the ticket, and his system said it had already been used about 10 minutes previously.

I assumed my mate who booked the tickets for 6 of us had fucked up and sent 2 of us the same ticket, but he's adamant he sent us all the correct tickets.

In the end, the lassies in the ticket office issued me a paper ticket for the same seat which worked fine. Got in just before half time.

Did the ticket not have your name on it?

8 hours ago, Orraloon said:

It doesn't help when some folk don't know what the kick off time is. 😉

Lol! Fair point caller! 😆

In my defence, I am of an age where I still think every game kicks off on a Saturday at 3pm and Wednesday at 8pm! 😆

Edited by Judith

We arrived at 7.30 pm and it was pandemonium, I have never seen such chaos before a game. However we just stood in the first queue for the North Stand and got in on time. No one seemed to have an issue with the scanning. Might just have been lucky.