Transfers, Rumours & Delusional Pish Season 22/23 - Page 6 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Transfers, Rumours & Delusional Pish Season 22/23


Recommended Posts

6 hours ago, Fairbairn said:

Did he not retire from Scotland duty?

Is he not on his second retirement?

Utd might get 15 games a season out of him. I don't know where United are getting their money from these days? They were almost bankrupt a few seasons ago. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

38 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

Is he not on his second retirement?

Utd might get 15 games a season out of him. I don't know where United are getting their money from these days? They were almost bankrupt a few seasons ago. 

Played about 35 times for Stoke last season. So Utd will be looking for a lot more than 15 games.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, Hertsscot said:

Played about 35 times for Stoke last season. So Utd will be looking for a lot more than 15 games.

Scoring a massive ....... three goals in the process.

I just hope the Arabs are paying him sensible wages.

48 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

Rangers confirm the signing of Tom Lawrence on a Bosman. Was at Derby last season.

That's surely going to mean less time on the pitch for Scott Wright ?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Been reading about Rangers new signing, Tom Lawrence. Bit of a neddy "kid who hasn't grown up" type with a bad temper on him, so it seems.

You'd have to bench someone like that against Celtic or Aberdeen.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, ErsatzThistle said:

Scoring a massive ....... three goals in the process.

I just hope the Arabs are paying him sensible wages.

That's surely going to mean less time on the pitch for Scott Wright ?

Possibly but tbh I’m not sure Wright is good enough to hold down a permanent place in the first team. 

14 hours ago, ErsatzThistle said:

Been reading about Rangers new signing, Tom Lawrence. Bit of a neddy "kid who hasn't grown up" type with a bad temper on him, so it seems.

You'd have to bench someone like that against Celtic or Aberdeen.

He’s been sent off 3 times in nearly 350 games. I’m not sure he’s quite the hot head people are making him out to be. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, Och Aye said:

And could well be a great link up with Watt. Interesting one 

Given that both Fletcher and Watt have career goal scoring  records of fewer than one goal every four games, I doubt they’ll be banging them in.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, aaid said:

Given that both Fletcher and Watt have career goal scoring  records of fewer than one goal every four games, I doubt they’ll be banging them in.  

If it wasn't for Watt's goals before he left in January Motherwell would be kicking off this season in the Championship. Incredible we finished 5th hardly won a game in 2022.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, ErsatzThistle said:

Some interesting free agents available:

Leigh Griffiths

Scott Allan

Lee Wallace

Alex Gogic

Leon Balogun

Scott Sinclair 

Sinclair’s weird one. Looked a world beater in his first 2 seasons and Parkhead but has flattered to deceive pretty much everywhere else.  
 

Othet than needing to freshen up the squad I wouldn’t have been overly disappointed if we’d kept Balogun for another season, still more than capable of doing a job. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, ErsatzThistle said:

Been reading about Rangers new signing, Tom Lawrence. Bit of a neddy "kid who hasn't grown up" type with a bad temper on him, so it seems.

You'd have to bench someone like that against Celtic or Aberdeen.

Should fit in well there then 😜

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Och Aye said:

If it wasn't for Watt's goals before he left in January Motherwell would be kicking off this season in the Championship. Incredible we finished 5th hardly won a game in 2022.

1 goal every four games isn’t a great record for a striker. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

37 minutes ago, EddardStark said:

Aribo officially gone now to Southampton. 

Rangers saying this is a good bit of business financialy, but I  think they are gonnae miss him. Quality player imo...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Rangers saying this is a good bit of business financialy, but I  think they are gonnae miss him. Quality player imo...

Good player but blows hot and cold. Better to cash in now than lose him for nothing in 12 months. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

Good player but blows hot and cold. Better to cash in now than lose him for nothing in 12 months. 

What do you think they'll do with Katic and Sakala ?

Seen some reports (which I concede may be a lot of pish) that they are looking to sell them.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Hertsscot said:

£6 million seems very cheap. 

That's what I was thinking. Thought he would have went for more, but like FairBairn mentioned, there are potential add ons.  Still think rangers will miss him unless they have a direct replacement...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, ErsatzThistle said:

What do you think they'll do with Katic and Sakala ?

Seen some reports (which I concede may be a lot of pish) that they are looking to sell them.

I'd be surprised if we sell Sakala.  He's raw however chipped in with a decent amount of goals last season from the bench (primarily) and looks to be a decent squad player. 

Katic is a tricky one.  He looked decent when he first came over and then got that horrific injury which set him back.  We're pretty top heavy with Centre Halves at the moment with Goldson, Souttar, Helander, Simpson, King and Katic.  Simpson won't play barring a meteor strike and Helander is incredibly injury prone.  I'd prefer to see King get game ahead of Katic so he'd be 5th choice at best so I'd probably be looking to cash in if there was anyone willing to take him for anywhere north of £1M or so.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/5/2022 at 3:33 PM, Fairbairn said:

Not a player transfer but Rangers have appointed John Park - who was Celtic's Head of Recruitment for a number of years (and pretty successful too!) - to a senior role in their Scouting team.

Was the best Head of Recruitment at Hibs prior to Rangers.  Responsible for the Golden Generation. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Josh Doig to Verona for 3 million up front is very good business by the Hibees with additional add ons.   

Getting his medical done right now.   

Hibs have a Croatian that Rangers were after 18 months ago lined up to replace him.  Marijan Cabraja from Dinamo Zagreb on a free.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/9/2022 at 1:22 PM, Fairbairn said:

Sinclair’s weird one. Looked a world beater in his first 2 seasons and Parkhead but has flattered to deceive pretty much everywhere else.  
 

Othet than needing to freshen up the squad I wouldn’t have been overly disappointed if we’d kept Balogun for another season, still more than capable of doing a job. 

Sinclair was made to look like Ronaldo playing for Celtic in the Scot Prem. managed to score almost the same amount of goals as he has for the total of his 13 other clubs whilst at Celtic 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Rangers sign Rabbi Matondo from Schalke for 3m Euros.  Good signing for them, I reckon.

With him and Tom Lawrence signed up, Rangers will probably start most games with more Welshmen in their team than Scots next season!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share




×
×
  • Create New...