Transfers, Rumours & Delusional Pish Season 22/23 - Page 2 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Transfers, Rumours & Delusional Pish Season 22/23

This Calvin Ramsay to Liverpool move is dragging on a fair bit. It was supposed to have been "on the verge of completion" a month ago !

Lot of talk in the last few days about Liam Scales going to Aberdeen and Conor Barron going the other way.

Surely it would be the right thing for Lewis Mayo, Stephen Kelly, Glenn Middleton, Josh McPake, Kai Kennedy and Ben Williamson to leave Rangers ? All aged 20, 21 or 22 and highly unlikely to even make the bench for Rangers this coming season. Good signings possibly for lower half Scottish Premiership clubs ?

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, ErsatzThistle said:

This Calvin Ramsay to Liverpool move is dragging on a fair bit. It was supposed to have been "on the verge of completion" a month ago !

Lot of talk in the last few days about Liam Scales going to Aberdeen and Conor Barron going the other way.

Surely it would be the right thing for Lewis Mayo, Stephen Kelly, Glenn Middleton, Josh McPake, Kai Kennedy and Ben Williamson to leave Rangers ? All aged 20, 21 or 22 and highly unlikely to even make the bench for Rangers this coming season. Good signings possibly for lower half Scottish Premiership clubs ?

I refuse to believe Glenn Middleton isn't at least 25.  He's been in the U21 squad for about 8 years!

That aside, you're right.  I've a feeling McPake may already have moved on.  Some of the others though, while they've looked promising coming through, have hardly set the heather on fire when out on loan.  

7 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

I refuse to believe Glenn Middleton isn't at least 25.  He's been in the U21 squad for about 8 years!

That aside, you're right.  I've a feeling McPake may already have moved on.  Some of the others though, while they've looked promising coming through, have hardly set the heather on fire when out on loan.  

Aye, looks like a few League One/League Two teams in England are keen on McPake.

I think Middleton would be a good signing for half the clubs in the Scottish Premiership to consider. I concede that it's likely that one or two of the players I mentioned above may have had injury problems that harmed their development.

Goalkeeper Kieran Wright is another one Rangers should move on. 23 years old and 7 loan spells.

Same goes for Scott Robertson, Ross Doohan and Mikey Johnstone at Celtic. They would all be better off (career wise) getting permanent transfers elsewhere.

2 hours ago, Fairbairn said:

Although Stephen Kelly is some player….

7 hours ago, ErsatzThistle said:

medical is apparently getting done over the weekend

21 minutes ago, slasher said:

Carter-Vickers signed on a 4 year deal. Dunno what other supporters think of him but he looks like a gid yin to me 👍

Is there anyone against this? only seen him in the old firms, and a couple of other games, but that would seem like a bit of a no brainer to me?

On 6/10/2022 at 3:22 PM, ErsatzThistle said:

Aye, looks like a few League One/League Two teams in England are keen on McPake.

I think Middleton would be a good signing for half the clubs in the Scottish Premiership to consider. I concede that it's likely that one or two of the players I mentioned above may have had injury problems that harmed their development.

Goalkeeper Kieran Wright is another one Rangers should move on. 23 years old and 7 loan spells.

Same goes for Scott Robertson, Ross Doohan and Mikey Johnstone at Celtic. They would all be better off (career wise) getting permanent transfers elsewhere.

Problem with these types if players is that they will be on good money at the Old Firm. They wouldnt get the same amount if they were to move to another Scottish club now, especially if the Old Firm wanted any kind of small fee for them.

Career wise as long as they are playing then theres no real harm. Ie Middleton has played alot of football and has still been getting his Rangers wage. Leave now and he would be getting the same football but probably half the money.

7 minutes ago, Auchinyell Sox Change said:

first ever Aberdeen FC player sold directly to Liverpool ?

- there was Ron Yeats (from Aberdeen)- but he played for Dundee Utd ......

unless am missing someone obvious ?

John McFarlane and John Ogston from many decades back both transferred from Aberdeen to Liverpool.

Edited by ErsatzThistle

John McFarlane and John Ogston from many decades back both transferred from Aberdeen to Liverpool.

Thanks !

was trawling through Wikipedia squad ; players with Scotland Flag but didnt see those (or know about them)

- on checking out John Ogston though - he would be recognized by many Dons fans as "Tubby" Ogston the keeper - didnt know he played for Liverpool until now (1965 one game then Newcastle)

John McFarlane 1920s - never heard of him tbh

image.thumb.png.7024d3bd3d7014d13fbfc495faf88a74.png

Jack Ross announced as the new DUFC manager.

Alan McGregor signs a one year deal at Rangers.

With Arfield, Davis and now McGregor all signed up it’s good to see our ageing squad is getting the overhaul it needs! 

1 hour ago, Fairbairn said:

With Arfield, Davis and now McGregor all signed up it’s good to see our ageing squad is getting the overhaul it needs! 

Was having a discussion on here at the end of the season about Rangers actions not being consistent with their stated business model and most wete saying they were confident Arfield, Davis and McGreggor wouldnt be resigned. Add in Goldson as an unexpected signing and that rewlly blocks the pathway for the likes of McCrorie, King and Lowry.

Think McCrorie will probably push for a move but King and Lowry will stick around for at least another year to see what happens.