Transfers, Rumours & Delusional Pish Season 22/23 - Page 13 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Transfers, Rumours & Delusional Pish Season 22/23

1 hour ago, dan cake said:

I’m sure Chelsea spent more than the other top 5 leagues (excluding England) put together 

Chelsea have spend mid £400m. Running close to the wind with FFP rules. Apparently issued 8 year contacts for at least one signing and amortizing the fee over that period. Will catch up with them in the end, 

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, EddardStark said:

Chelsea have spend mid £400m. Running close to the wind with FFP rules. Apparently issued 8 year contacts for at least one signing and amortizing the fee over that period. Will catch up with them in the end, 

I believe that’s a loophole that’s being closed, 5 years max 

Not sure what to think of the dons transfer window, quite a few faces coming in. Definitely needed a goalie because Roos is long term injured and LEwis is shite now - got in a keeper from Ajax on loan

Definitely need defenders - got a 30 year old not wanted by Swindon, have they not learned anything from the Stewart debacle? got a young Watford player who is at lease at a higher level. 

got a winger on loan for 6 months from Blackburn who I guess is a replacement for Besuijen who has gone on loan to a dutch team. Besuijen never really did enough for me anyway so no big loss.

The big win is Antony Stewart is gone to MK Dons, my only conclusion to this is he has a mate at MK Dons who put in a good word because MK Dons sure as fuck haven't scouted him

All of that whilst not having a manager 😳

4 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

The big win is Antony Stewart is gone to MK Dons, my only conclusion to this is he has a mate at MK Dons who put in a good word because MK Dons sure as fuck haven't scouted him

Getting shot of him must be the equivalent of actually signing Paolo Maldini.  Absolutely dreadful "defender".  Empty space in the backline would be more effective.

30 minutes ago, EddardStark said:

Chelsea paid a British record £106m to sign Enzo Fernandez from Benfica. Benfica signed him signed from River Plate for £10m last summer.

Benfica have made something like £500M profit on player trading in the last 10 years. 

1 hour ago, EddardStark said:

Chelsea paid a British record £106m to sign Enzo Fernandez from Benfica. Benfica signed him signed from River Plate for £10m last summer.

Football is fucked !!! I can't believe what clubs are spending on players now.. It's ruined the game for me..

14 hours ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Football is fucked !!! I can't believe what clubs are spending on players now.. It's ruined the game for me..

Coming from the man that blows up every time celtic sign another multi million pound player to win the Scottish Premiership and get knocked out of europe once or twice a season, that’s an incredible statement to make, is this a parody account by any chance, or do you just have multiple personalities who forgets what they type half the time?

55 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

Coming from the man that blows up every time celtic sign another multi million pound player to win the Scottish Premiership and get knocked out of europe once or twice a season, that’s an incredible statement to make, is this a parody account by any chance, or do you just have multiple personalities who forgets what they type half the time?

Listen pal. Just because your shite football team is the laughing stock of Scotland, and probably the entire United Kingdom, does not give you the right to abuse other members. Try growing a set of balls, or support another club as you clearly can't handle the club you support at the moment..

22 minutes ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Listen pal. Just because your shite football team is the laughing stock of Scotland, and probably the entire United Kingdom, does not give you the right to abuse other members. Try growing a set of balls, or support another club as you clearly can't handle the club you support at the moment..

Abuse?

Absolutely nothing there even resembles a response to what I said, I’ve no idea why I bothered, you’ve proven on multiple threads that you’re thick as shit. 

Respond to this with your standard reply of abusing me, my team or your finger up emoji then well can it quits for everyone’s sake  

14 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

Abuse?

Absolutely nothing there even resembles a response to what I said, I’ve no idea why I bothered, you’ve proven on multiple threads that you’re thick as shit. 

Respond to this with your standard reply of abusing me, my team or your finger up emoji then well can it quits for everyone’s sake  

Another rent free.. Now fuck off and don't ruin another thread...

19 hours ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

It is crazy. I'm so glad that I was able to live through the 80s when well coached teams like Aberdeen, Dundee United, Aston Villa, Ipswich and Nottm Forest were able to compete at the very highest level. Cost of living crisis in UK but not in the EPL. Too many of these teams are like franchises, foreign players, foreign managers, foreign owners.

14 minutes ago, Hertsscot said:

It is crazy. I'm so glad that I was able to live through the 80s when well coached teams like Aberdeen, Dundee United, Aston Villa, Ipswich and Nottm Forest were able to compete at the very highest level. Cost of living crisis in UK but not in the EPL. Too many of these teams are like franchises, foreign players, foreign managers, foreign owners.

I caught the end of the 80s so experienced a little of this but today football is about the deepest pockets, its barely even a sport. Scotland led the way in this when Celtic and Rangers ramped up the spending to leave the other miles behind. Football should be classed as a sport because most of the time it comes down to who can spend more and who can pay more wages. Celtic at the moment have a massive advantage over the clubs in Scotland, its probably why so many of us Non OF fans take pleasure in watching the old firm get hammered in the CL, they are getting a taste of what we have to put up with all the time. 

2 hours ago, Hertsscot said:

Yep. When they talk about clubs or interview managers (especially in EPL) it's all about budget and not coaching ability. So sad.