Transfers, Rumours & Delusional Pish Season 22/23 - Page 12 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Transfers, Rumours & Delusional Pish Season 22/23

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Hertsscot said:

Already mentioned in another thread but Todd Cantwell has signed for Rangers. Not sure what I think, couple of seasons ago I might have been a bit excited but he hasn't really done anything for a couple of years. Sadly also means Lowry is even less likely to feature.

hyped when he was young, will be a standard english journeyman, average player

3 hours ago, slasher said:

The Giakkoumakis deal takes ‘lucky’ Ange Postecoglu’s net spending to £-1.7m. No bad going in 18 months, Peter Lawwell will be a happy man 😏

Some folk moaning that Celtic spent the most. They don't realize WE make the most with wise signings and keeping our books tidy.. The board has been brilliant...

2 minutes ago, EddardStark said:

£815m spent in this U.K. transfer window. Mind boggling. Still can’t get my head around why broadcasters see this as a positive thing. 

I was just about to post something similar in the foreign football thread. Sky sports are genuinely proud of this spending spree by the likes of Chelsea. 

14 minutes ago, EddardStark said:

£815m spent in this U.K. transfer window. Mind boggling. Still can’t get my head around why broadcasters see this as a positive thing. 

And yet some of the fans are worried about paying the heating bills. Or maybe those fans were priced out a long time ago.

1 hour ago, Hertsscot said:

£815 in UK transfer window, how much of that in Scotland? Did it even break the 3 million barrier?

Not sure. I think the spending is EPL Centric to be honest. A total of £750m. When you consider that the top 7 leagues in the rest of Europe spent £250m it tells you that Sky as basically underwriting the EPL.