Transfers, Rumours & Delusional Pish Season 22/23 - Page 10 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Transfers, Rumours & Delusional Pish Season 22/23

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

38 minutes ago, Hertsscot said:

Have they signed any Scottish players? I know it wouldnt be Gooowin's priority but am I the only one who feels it's a bit depressing?

I really do sympathise with what you are saying but the thing is are there any Scottish players in the Scottish Premiership at present that (a) are realistic transfer targets (b) would improve that Aberdeen team and (c) their transfer fee wouldn't blow half or all of the AFC transfer budget ?

There's also the likes of Robert Snodgrass for example currently available on a free transfer but would he really improve that team ? I don't think so.

I imagine that Connor Barron and Jack McKenzie would have been playing for them recently had they both not been injured.

6 hours ago, Hertsscot said:

Is there a record for the shortest time between signing and scoring a goal for your new club?

Probably not, that took him 33 minutes, came on as a sub after Declan(I’m better than them) Gallagher wiped out Coulson and made him go off injured.

But what a fucking introduction to The Famous, he’d only been in the city about 4 hours after signing. 

Boyle is going to end up being Hibs record signing.   Still 1.5 million left to pay by the Saudis which will be effectively written off meaning that will be our highest value transfer beating De La Cruz back in 2001 for 700k.

1 hour ago, giblet said:

Boyle is going to end up being Hibs record signing.   Still 1.5 million left to pay by the Saudis which will be effectively written off meaning that will be our highest value transfer beating De La Cruz back in 2001 for 700k.

So you basically made £1.5 million on what turned out to be a short term loan?

• 2 weeks later...

I’d be very surprised if the huns don’t ask Chelsea the question re Billy Gilmour. His career is going nowhere at the minute.

Rumours we are in for a Danish DM but I doubt we’ll do much else unless something exciting falls into our lap.

17 minutes ago, slasher said:

I’d be very surprised if the huns don’t ask Chelsea the question re Billy Gilmour. His career is going nowhere at the minute.

Rumours we are in for a Danish DM but I doubt we’ll do much else unless something exciting falls into our lap.

I think we need someone a bit more box to box than Gilmour, we've already got Lundstram, Kamara, Jack and even Davis who would play a similar role to Gilmour.  Brighton and Olympiacos supposed to be sniffing around him at the moment.

We, along with Celtic, have been linked with Ross Barkley who is more the type of player we need but not sure I'd be that keen on him specifically unless he'll come for about a tenth of his Chelsea wage and rediscover his Everton form from about 10 years ago.  I do also have the feeling that the answer might be under our noses in Lowry but that's 2 bad injuries he's had at the start of the season so the lads not having much luck.

4 hours ago, Fairbairn said:

I think we need someone a bit more box to box than Gilmour, we've already got Lundstram, Kamara, Jack and even Davis who would play a similar role to Gilmour.  Brighton and Olympiacos supposed to be sniffing around him at the moment.

We, along with Celtic, have been linked with Ross Barkley who is more the type of player we need but not sure I'd be that keen on him specifically unless he'll come for about a tenth of his Chelsea wage and rediscover his Everton form from about 10 years ago.  I do also have the feeling that the answer might be under our noses in Lowry but that's 2 bad injuries he's had at the start of the season so the lads not having much luck.

I get what you are saying but don’t you think Gilmour is already better than a couple of those and almost certainly potentially better than all of them?

4 hours ago, ErsatzThistle said:

Christian Doidge joins Killie on loan from Hibs. I think he'll be a decent signing for them - famous last words !

Covid and injuries look to have finished him unfortunately, good luck to the guy tho. Always puts the effort in but looks like he’s towing a caravan these days and could do with a decent feed

46 minutes ago, slasher said:

I get what you are saying but don’t you think Gilmour is already better than a couple of those and almost certainly potentially better than all of them?

From a Rangers point of view I'd be delighted if he came back, Davis won't go on forever, Jack is injury prone and I'm sure Lundstrum could do box to box. From a Scotland p.o.v. I'd probably prefer he went to Brighton. Certainly needs to get away from Chelsea.

3 hours ago, slasher said:

If it was a loan with a view to buy at the end of the season (at an affordable fee) then yeah but if it's just a straight loan then I wouldn't really be up for it.  Looks like he's going to Brighton for £10M any way which would be out of our range.