Transfers, Rumours & Delusional Pish Season 22/23 - Page 5 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Transfers, Rumours & Delusional Pish Season 22/23

1 hour ago, fringo said:

But Boyd does great mattress adverts in Canada. 

If you're not sure what I mean google it. Very funny and often replayed on Off the Ball. 😃

He's probably sleeping on one

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Probably this thread rather than starting a new one.  Do they need more drug testing at Easter Road, I think one of their new signings must be on something!

"Kyle McClelland says Ryan Poretous is the perfect role model as the 20-year-old defender embarks on a new career at Hibernian after ending his long association with Rangers. (Scottish Sun)" From BBC website

10 hours ago, Fairbairn said:

Surely it’s just rumours. Better ways for us to spend that kind of money. 

Do Rangers even need yet another midfielder ?

25 minutes ago, Hertsscot said:

Probably this thread rather than starting a new one.  Do they need more drug testing at Easter Road, I think one of their new signings must be on something!

"Kyle McClelland says Ryan Poretous is the perfect role model as the 20-year-old defender embarks on a new career at Hibernian after ending his long association with Rangers. (Scottish Sun)" From BBC website

I think there is definitely some talent there in Porteous but Hibs need to get him professional help to deal with his obvious anger management problems.

6 minutes ago, ErsatzThistle said:

Yeah that’s what I was getting at. Between defensive and more attack minded centre mids we’ve got about 7 or 8 who could argue a good case to be first pick. We’re crying out for a decent second striker and a right winger and that’s where any money should be getting spent. 

11 hours ago, Fairbairn said:

Surely it’s just rumours. Better ways for us to spend that kind of money. 

He needs to leave us to become a better player, he’s stagnating & moving out of Scotland into a more competitive league would improve him, a team in Italy would suit him & certainly improve him technically.

6 hours ago, ErsatzThistle said:

I think there is definitely some talent there in Porteous but Hibs need to get him professional help to deal with his obvious anger management problems.

There is some talent with Porteous but I wouldn't see him as a role model.  Not only his off field behaviour (what is it with Hibs?) but he hasn't developed on the pitch as much as he could have done either.

Liam Donnelly joins Kilmarnock and Jamie Murphy joins St Johnstone.

Rumours of Jordan Jones going back to Kilmarnock.

Noticed that Jake Hastie transferred permanently to Hartlepool the other day. He looked good when he broke through at Motherwell, but he went backwards fast at Rangers. What a waste of talent.

4 hours ago, ErsatzThistle said:

Liam Donnelly joins Kilmarnock and Jamie Murphy joins St Johnstone.

Rumours of Jordan Jones going back to Kilmarnock.

Noticed that Jake Hastie transferred permanently to Hartlepool the other day. He looked good when he broke through at Motherwell, but he went backwards fast at Rangers. What a waste of talent.

I think that's actually quite a good move for him, considering highlights of his career so far have a been a decent loan spell at Alloa and a good half-season at Motherwell.  He did the square root of fuck all at Thistle and the last I heard he was on loan at Linfield.  In view of that a move to an English league side isn't too bad.

10 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

Aribo to Southampton 

Hopefully this will kick start our transfer activity. £10M for a player in the last year if his contract that cost us £300K is a decent return. A good deal for all parties this time I think. 

4 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

Hopefully this will kick start our transfer activity. £10M for a player in the last year if his contract that cost us £300K is a decent return. A good deal for all parties this time I think. 

I think it's an incredible deal for Rangers. I'm not convinced he's actually good enough for the EPL.

I'll hear about him plenty as there's a few Southampton fans at work

17 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

I think it's an incredible deal for Rangers. I'm not convinced he's actually good enough for the EPL.

I'll hear about him plenty as there's a few Southampton fans at work

Although just reading this morning it’s £6M plus add ons so hopefully the add ons so hopefully they’re relatively achievable. 

When you look at some of the dross down there he’s definitely good enough and an absolute no brainer for a team to take a punt on for that kind of money. 

11 hours ago, Fairbairn said:

Although just reading this morning it’s £6M plus add ons so hopefully the add ons so hopefully they’re relatively achievable. 

When you look at some of the dross down there he’s definitely good enough and an absolute no brainer for a team to take a punt on for that kind of money. 

Deal done between clubs. £6m plus add ons taking it to £10m . Aribo could sign before Friday. 

Edited by EddardStark

1 hour ago, Hertsscot said:

Half decent performances from him and given our lack of forward options he could be looking at an international recall. I don't even know if I'm joking!

Did he not retire from Scotland duty?

11 hours ago, dandydunn said:

Dundee Utd sign Steven Fletcher, could be a great signing. 

Picked up a few injuries for us but whenever he was fit his touch and vision stood out in a league of cloggers to be honest.  United should get at least a year or two of decent service out of him.