Transfers, Rumours & Delusional Pish Season 22/23 - Page 4 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Transfers, Rumours & Delusional Pish Season 22/23

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, Fairbairn said:

I see Rangers have extended his contract till 2024.  A bit surprised by that.

Always looked fairly solid the few times I've seen him. It's not that Gers are short of central defenders at present ( although whether they will all keep fit is another issue!). Be interesting how he gets on playing at a higher level, even if he's judged surplus to Rangers it will raise his profile and any transfer fee.

3 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Can't say i know much about him, got in CHampionship team of the year last year and Thistle fans raved about him so fingers crossed. 

He was excellent for us last season. It'll be interesting to see how he does in a higher division. Good luck to him. 👍

6 minutes ago, ErsatzThistle said:

Celtic sign Argentine left back Alexandro Bernabei.

He'll be taking Taylor's place in the team. With Taylor on the bench, Kerrydale Street and the like will need to identify a new whipping boy for when it goes wrong on the park.

Interesting Wikipedia page: https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Alexandro_Bernabei&oldid=1095789267

I think Aberdeen have had a decent transfer market so far. Not sure about Rangers although we are after the Croat striker currently at PAOK. Appreciate we have already signed Souttar and having Hagi and Morelos back will be very positive. 

Edited by EddardStark

On 7/1/2022 at 5:38 PM, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Kris Boyd is a cunt. He he stays in his job with Sky is beyond belief.. It's about Jota signing, and turns it into sevco are skint and need to sign players. Who gives a fuck ya roaster, it's not about how you feel about newco.. 🖕

Would you like to know how he stays in his job? Basically because of people like you. Boyd is employed to press buttons and generate "anger mentions and clicks" on social media. You have just fallen into the trap. The media companies are savvy - most of them would rather employ a troll, for want of a better term, instead of an informed pundit who could perhaps make the viewing experience better for the viewers.

Chris Sutton is the same.

Ask yourself this - how many times have you read a decent, well argued article and just kept it to yourself? No mentions, no social media shares etc. You read, or viewed, enjoyed and just kept to yourself.....

It is human nature....

Present people with something that ticks them off a bit though and mentions go through the roof - it all helps said media entity.

I've got to ask you too, you live in Canada - why are you going out of your way to seek out mainstream UK media. You did the same by mentioning reading the Daily Record in your Kieran Tierney thread. MSM over here is brutal right now. There is so much better independent media that can be read, viewed and enjoyed. Keep feeding the beast oxygen though....

I'm not having a go at you by the way. I love your passion but the way to rid this world of pish spewing idiots like Boyd is to simply ignore them. Don't listen to or view the content.

Case in point - later this summer I have been commissioned to write what I think will be an interesting piece on the impact of the Japanese players at Celtic. I was actually a bit surprised to be given the assignment by a prominent website. Whether or not it turns out good, average or worse is yet to be seen but I bet you £10 if you happen to stumble across it and enjoy it you wouldn't comment on it or share it as it wouldn't satisfy the basic human need to complain. Let's see.

cheers

2 hours ago, morrie21 said:

Would you like to know how he stays in his job? Basically because of people like you. Boyd is employed to press buttons and generate "anger mentions and clicks" on social media. You have just fallen into the trap. The media companies are savvy - most of them would rather employ a troll, for want of a better term, instead of an informed pundit who could perhaps make the viewing experience better for the viewers.

Chris Sutton is the same.

Ask yourself this - how many times have you read a decent, well argued article and just kept it to yourself? No mentions, no social media shares etc. You read, or viewed, enjoyed and just kept to yourself.....

It is human nature....

Present people with something that ticks them off a bit though and mentions go through the roof - it all helps said media entity.

I've got to ask you too, you live in Canada - why are you going out of your way to seek out mainstream UK media. You did the same by mentioning reading the Daily Record in your Kieran Tierney thread. MSM over here is brutal right now. There is so much better independent media that can be read, viewed and enjoyed. Keep feeding the beast oxygen though....

I'm not having a go at you by the way. I love your passion but the way to rid this world of pish spewing idiots like Boyd is to simply ignore them. Don't listen to or view the content.

Case in point - later this summer I have been commissioned to write what I think will be an interesting piece on the impact of the Japanese players at Celtic. I was actually a bit surprised to be given the assignment by a prominent website. Whether or not it turns out good, average or worse is yet to be seen but I bet you £10 if you happen to stumble across it and enjoy it you wouldn't comment on it or share it as it wouldn't satisfy the basic human need to complain. Let's see.

cheers

One word.... "Respect". Great post, enjoyed reading. You are correct, Chris Sutton is a legend, and can say no wrong in my eyes.😉. Boyd is a fat hun tit who gets on MA tits.. So you are correct.. 😉👍

15 minutes ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

One word.... "Respect". Great post, enjoyed reading. You are correct, Chris Sutton is a legend, and can say no wrong in my eyes.😉. Boyd is a fat hun tit who gets on MA tits.. So you are correct.. 😉👍

But Boyd does great mattress adverts in Canada. 

If you're not sure what I mean google it. Very funny and often replayed on Off the Ball. 😃