Transfers, Rumours & Delusional Pish Season 22/23 - Page 3 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Transfers, Rumours & Delusional Pish Season 22/23

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

15 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

How uninspiring 🙄

There was also something vaguely dodgy about the circumstances of his signing.

Shamrock Rovers (Scales former club) were in financial trouble and needed cash. Celtic then very conveniently came right in and bought Scales for reportedly £540,000.

Dermot Desmond in addition to being the majority shareholder at Celtic, also owns 25% of Shamrock Rovers.

Hmmm.......

1 hour ago, mr mojo risin said:

Amazed we couldn't find a player of that standard, anywhere in the world, from a team he can play against. 1st game of the season even more pointless.

First game of the season isn’t so bad, but if he gets a good run, defence starts to click, we have to drop him when we come up against Celtic in league/cup games, it’s fucking ridiculous. 

Benjamin Siegrist signs for Celtic. Thought the guy (who is not a bad goalie) might have had a bit more ambition than to become a Celtic benchwarmer.

Scott Bain to be on the move soon ? That's him third choice now, surely there is no point him hanging around Celtic much longer. Fourth choice Ross Doohan also has to get out of there.

Charlie Adam's been hawking himself around trying to get a club in Scotland. Would anyone take him on a one year deal at your club ?

Edited by ErsatzThistle

8 hours ago, killiefaetheferry said:

Big Ash to smash that diddy.

Big Ash will smash a lot of people this season but it will not be intentional.

If he's starring at CB for Killie this season you are in trouble

8 hours ago, ErsatzThistle said:

Benjamin Siegrist signs for Celtic. Thought the guy (who is not a bad goalie) might have had a bit more ambition than to become a Celtic benchwarmer.

Scott Bain to be on the move soon ? That's him third choice now, surely there is no point him hanging around Celtic much longer. Fourth choice Ross Doohan also has to get out of there.

Charlie Adam's been hawking himself around trying to get a club in Scotland. Would anyone take him on a one year deal at your club ?

I think Adam did OK for Dundee last year? He’s could probably do a job for a bottom 6 team I’d have thought. In saying that he’s probably about the right age for us given our activity so far this summer! 

12 hours ago, ErsatzThistle said:

If anyone touches him, they would be off their head.

A fat slow unfit player well past his time, one great pass a game doesnt make up for him not moving more than 20 yards. The only thing he excelled at was picking up bookings for fouling people.

3 hours ago, Fairbairn said:

I think Adam did OK for Dundee last year? He’s could probably do a job for a bottom 6 team I’d have thought. In saying that he’s probably about the right age for us given our activity so far this summer! 

Aberdeen? Hibs? 

5 hours ago, Fairbairn said:

Couldn't disagree more, he was average or shite at best. 

He'd spend more time talking to the media about rangers too. 

2 hours ago, kumnio said:

If anyone touches him, they would be off their head.

A fat slow unfit player well past his time, one great pass a game doesnt make up for him not moving more than 20 yards. The only thing he excelled at was picking up bookings for fouling people.

Sounds like me - except the bit about one great pass a game!

7 hours ago, Fairbairn said:

Whatever team he picks, it will need to be on a bus route. 😉

On 6/21/2022 at 11:24 PM, ErsatzThistle said:

Aye, bit of an uninspired move. He'll earn a lot more though for doing nothing, and maybe he has a young family that's settled in Scotland so doesn't want to move further afield.

Doohan had a good season with Tranmere by all accounts, I'd be surprised if he struggles to find a club.