Premier sports cup - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Premier sports cup

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes - qualifiers for the League Cup. 8 group winners plus 3 best runners-up advance to join the five teams who are in Europe in the last 16.

Always tough to hope to qualify as a fan of a Lge 2 team so these games are generally used as pre-season. Hope Stenny get Fraserburgh away though - would be a good day out.

3 minutes ago, morrie21 said:

Yes - qualifiers for the League Cup. 8 group winners plus 3 best runners-up advance to join the five teams who are in Europe in the last 16.

Always tough to hope to qualify as a fan of a Lge 2 team so these games are generally used as pre-season. Hope Stenny get Fraserburgh away though - would be a good day out.

Fraserburgh and stenny played each other before at stenny in the Scottish cup. Tight game which I think stenny won 2 1

Funnily enough I want stenny and montrose at home but killie and Partick away on the Saturdays 

29 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

Fraserburgh and stenny played each other before at stenny in the Scottish cup. Tight game which I think stenny won 2 1

Funnily enough I want stenny and montrose at home but killie and Partick away on the Saturdays 

Yes - maybe 9 or 10 years ago. Tend to remember the games against teams we don't normally face on league duty.

3 minutes ago, morrie21 said:

Yes - maybe 9 or 10 years ago. Tend to remember the games against teams we don't normally face on league duty.

I was wrong, it was 3 nil stenny.. the player looking a little dissapointed at the end of the video is the manager of fraserburgh now. He just led them to their first title in 20 years

Edited by vanderark14

6 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

I was wrong, it was 3 nil stenny.. the player looking a little dissapointed at the end of the video is the manager of fraserburgh now. He just led them to their first title in 20 years

Nice one finding those highlights. Stenny were good to watch back then, very attack minded team. Sure Fraserburgh will offer a good test in this competition.

On 5/26/2022 at 1:56 PM, morrie21 said:

Nice one finding those highlights. Stenny were good to watch back then, very attack minded team. Sure Fraserburgh will offer a good test in this competition.

Fraserburgh at Stenny on the 16th of July, I suspect Fraserburgh will take a few fans to that match

1 minute ago, vanderark14 said:

Fraserburgh at Stenny on the 16th of July, I suspect Fraserburgh will take a few fans to that match

Just saw the fixtures on the Stenny Twitter there. Yeah, Partick FT and Fraserburgh at home and Montrose (midweek) and Killie away. Hope the Fraserburgh folks come down in their numbers. Good little bar inside the stadium, usually open from noon on Saturday matchdays.

1 hour ago, morrie21 said:

Just saw the fixtures on the Stenny Twitter there. Yeah, Partick FT and Fraserburgh at home and Montrose (midweek) and Killie away. Hope the Fraserburgh folks come down in their numbers. Good little bar inside the stadium, usually open from noon on Saturday matchdays.

Does that wee bar have windows looking into the pitch?

Peterhead v Aberdeen on the opening Sunday, which happens to be the Aberdeen July holiday weekend. 

Simply wonderful way to start, already booked a room at my pals hoose, I’m sure his wife will be delighted to hear the news 😂

18 hours ago, killiefaetheferry said:

Does that wee bar have windows looking into the pitch?

No. The windows looking onto the pitch are the suite which gets used for hospitality. The wee bar is to the left of the main entrance on the ground floor.

• 1 month later...

Strangely I think this competition is really going to help clubs like Aberdeen and Hibs.

There is nothing better than competition football to get you prepared for the start of the league. I’m already not fancying our trip to Livingston as I think we’ll be undercooked. 

1 hour ago, EddardStark said:

Strangely I think this competition is really going to help clubs like Aberdeen and Hibs.

There is nothing better than competition football to get you prepared for the start of the league. I’m already not fancying our trip to Livingston as I think we’ll be undercooked. 

It won't make any difference. Rangers and celtic will still horse everyone else

15 hours ago, Toepoke said:

Chick Young on Sportsound thought the penalty shootout between Morton and Falkirk ended in a 4-4 draw 😄

They really need to have a big clear out at BBC Scotland and retire some of these old fools.

I noticed the other day that Kenny "don't mention Jim Traynor !" McIntyre has taken over the main anchor duties. Dear oh dear.