Champions League (women) - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Champions League (women)

1 hour ago, duncan II said:

All the critics of womens football in this forum should check out this final. Cracking game, high standard.

In fairness I would expect this game to be of reasonable standard considering its the pinnacle of the women's game

I still won't watch it, I barely have enough motivation to watch my own teams let alone start watching the women's game too

On 5/21/2022 at 9:08 PM, vanderark14 said:

In fairness I would expect this game to be of reasonable standard considering its the pinnacle of the women's game

I still won't watch it, I barely have enough motivation to watch my own teams let alone start watching the women's game too

I've lost my motivation and all - spunked a tenner to watch Stoke's last game for the first time in yonks thinking it might be decent with nothing to play for.  Both teams barely bothered their arses to break into a light jog and were obviously already on holiday rather than up for producing anything even giving the hint of entertainment.    

As exciting as yesterday was meant to be really couldn't give a shit if mega-rich Man City won or super rich Liverpool and whether Leeds or Burnley got relegated was all a bit 'meh!' 

Showed the wee lass the champions league final and she watched it for half an hour and I kept flicking back and forth to it.  Probably novelty as much as anything but there's a freshness and less cynical approach to it I like (although no doubt it'll catch up) - in the blokes game that goal would have got referred to VAR and probably cancelled out for the tackle being out of control or some such pish.