Starting 11 v Ukraine - Page 12 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Starting 11 v Ukraine

Malcolm

• Replies 682
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, Bobby Russell's Lovechild said:

Anyone getting the fear for this one 😳? Just seen the BBC breakfast report about the match, they were talking about the 3-1 game back in 2007, but then showing the Ukraine players crying and with the fact we'll be singing their anthem, this is adding up to something in not looking forward to. They might lack match practice, but remember they are still a good side and they were unbeaten in their arranged friendlies

Anyone that does this should be banned from Hampden. 

5 hours ago, thplinth said:

I'd have to go with Rasputin for 4 reasons.

He was mad as fuck.

He has a very distinctive look that can be easily replicated.

Fb37KPlsLqkiZgFvYMdTKizTQNr32m4OpCEhMjY3

He comes with his own catchy song.

He has 'putin' in his name.

Massive dong and all appartently 

6 hours ago, Bobby Russell's Lovechild said:

Anyone getting the fear for this one 😳? Just seen the BBC breakfast report about the match, they were talking about the 3-1 game back in 2007, but then showing the Ukraine players crying and with the fact we'll be singing their anthem, this is adding up to something in not looking forward to. They might lack match practice, but remember they are still a good side and they were unbeaten in their arranged friendlies

Yeah getting Costa Rica vibes in that nobody knows what we'll be facing on the pitch until the whistle goes. 

Even in wild dreams if we went a couple of goals up and they appeared broken mentally I'd be bricking it sympathy would kick in unconsciously allowing them back into it. 

They have very good players playing at a very good level and have a very good record but fitness MUST be an issue. So we must spring out of the traps and keep the pressure on throughout the game and use the entire pitch.

I haven't heard of any Scots wanting Ukraine to win (except Souness). Probably everybody else does, though. Fair enough. War bad, Putin bad, sympathy to Ukraine, I'll applaud their fans, team and I've got a Ukr flag for their anthem but then that gets pocketed, it's football not the preliminaries and we get out there, 11 playersand 50,000 in the stands and do our very best to, effectively, shoot Bambi.

Passing thought - everybody wants us to lose; this must be what being English feels like.

3 hours ago, Ally Bongo said:

BBC Scotland referring to Scotland as "They" and "phone in if you are supporting Ukraine"

Fuck BBC England.. Alba Gu Brath !! 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

2 hours ago, KirkieRobRoy said:

They have very good players playing at a very good level and have a very good record but fitness MUST be an issue. So we must spring out of the traps and keep the pressure on throughout the game and use the entire pitch.

I haven't heard of any Scots wanting Ukraine to win (except Souness). Probably everybody else does, though. Fair enough. War bad, Putin bad, sympathy to Ukraine, I'll applaud their fans, team and I've got a Ukr flag for their anthem but then that gets pocketed, it's football not the preliminaries and we get out there, 11 playersand 50,000 in the stands and do our very best to, effectively, shoot Bambi.

Passing thought - everybody wants us to lose; this must be what being English feels like.

That’s true but we ourselves have never been the fittest of sides 

6 minutes ago, todd said:

Nice to see that Sky have just turned the big game build up into Sky news.  Give it a fuckin rest!

Souness on the panel too. 🤮

He's not a regular but of course sky had to have the prick on now. 

3 minutes ago, todd said:

This is an absolute disgrace, 15 minutes til kick off and still no mention of the home team!  Thank fuck Sky aren't showing our games soon 

You can bet your house the coverage would be different if Ukraine were playing England