Starting 11 v Ukraine - Page 9 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Starting 11 v Ukraine

Malcolm

• Replies 682
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, breeks_mctavish said:

He really is a dick!

I reckon the saint should pin that to his bedroom wall to get him fired up before heading down to Hampden. I’m a bit worried his heart’s not really in it. We don’t need half hearted supporters on Wednesday night.

😂

10 minutes ago, hamilton wanderer said:

My starting 11 to hopefully hammer Ukraine at football is

Gordon

Hickey Hendrie Hanley Cooper Robertson

McGregor McTominey Gilmour 

McGinn

Dykes

In terms of names - I reckon Clarke will pick 8 of those names. Cooper will be left def because of how he played against Denmark and he is more rested than McKenna. McTominay moves into defence instead of Hendrie. I reckon Christie will start beside McGinn and. Adams will start instead of Dykes. I also dont think Hickey starts and it will be SOD. Ukraine are not a big scoring team, we will have most of the ball its up to us to convert our chances to calm the nerves. Experience will be favored over form IMO.

8 minutes ago, romanticscot said:

In terms of names - I reckon Clarke will pick 8 of those names. Cooper will be left def because of how he played against Denmark and he is more rested than McKenna. McTominay moves into defence instead of Hendrie. I reckon Christie will start beside McGinn and. Adams will start instead of Dykes. I also dont think Hickey starts and it will be SOD. Ukraine are not a big scoring team, we will have most of the ball its up to us to convert our chances to calm the nerves. Experience will be favored over form IMO.

Agreed with the change in selections, however don’t agree that we will have most of the ball. Don’t recall us having more than 55% possession at hampden in recent years, even against moldova and against Israel and austria we had less of the ball.  But we do create the chances whether we dominate the ball or not, on the other hand we will concede chances as our defence isn’t rock solid, we just have to hope we convert ours and they don’t.

What an absolute f.. king wanker. Stupid virtue signalling beyond belief. We need totally commited players and fans on Wednesday. Told you they would start with all this utter shit. The fact is this situation shouldn't even have arisen. Ukraine should have withdrawn. First they get an advantage by being together for weeks and now there are pricks like Souness spouting this cack. Piss off you fud and don't ever show your face in Scotland again. Your not welcome here. Really hope we don't get any like him at the game. Would cause a lot of bother if we are losing. Let's not mess about.... just hump them. 

4 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

He talks utter pish. I'm not sure how Ukraine winning the world cup sends a message to putin. If he's the psychotic monster we are told he is, I doubt he's going to give a fuck if Ukraine win the world cup or they win euro vision.

The best compliment a Scotland player can give them is buy giving during this match. 

I don't recall anyone giving a shit either about Syria and Afghanistan in recent years whose country was invaded. No calls for byes for them in football and none for Afghanistan even in cricket's equivalent. Souness comes across as a right tit. Love to hear his thoughts should Ukraine win and face Wales then England.

Edited by Caledonian Craig

3 hours ago, romanticscot said:

What makes you think that?

Here is my reasoning - We are at home, Ukraine play a counter style and Im not sure their home based players are going to be match fit, they will not want to tire and choose to conserve themselves. 

Edited by romanticscot

1 hour ago, Caledonian Craig said:

I don't recall anyone giving a shit either about Syria and Afghanistan in recent years whose country was invaded. No calls for byes for them in football and none for Afghanistan even in cricket's equivalent. Souness comes across as a right tit. Love to hear his thoughts should Ukraine win and face Wales then England.

Sounds like he was playing house jock for a conservative English broadsheet, which is massively disappointing. It demeans him. Until I see quotes I still don't buy that he'll be "roaring Ukraine on", so I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt there.

If Ukraine do qualify and end up facing England this good feeling towards them from the British media will vanish instantly, you can count on that.

3 minutes ago, scotlad said:

Sounds like he was playing house jock for a conservative English broadsheet, which is massively disappointing. It demeans him. Until I see quotes I still don't buy that he'll be "roaring Ukraine on", so I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt there.

If Ukraine do qualify and end up facing England this good feeling towards them from the British media will vanish instantly, you can count on that.

I know a couple of them down here.

39 minutes ago, romanticscot said:

I jut noticed that Wales play Poland away on Wednesday, so if we play them at the weekend its not like they have been rested. 

No chance of Wales playing anywhere near their starting line up for the play of final against Poland. Not going to happen. 

I really hope we have a strong referee on Wednesday.  The whole world wants Ukraine to win apart from ourselves and Russia .

Just hope the referee doesn't let certain things go for them and books ( or worse) our players for less . I sympathise with Ukraines plight as a country but that has to be left away from the park 

12 minutes ago, noctonjock said:

I really hope we have a strong referee on Wednesday.  The whole world wants Ukraine to win apart from ourselves and Russia .

Just hope the referee doesn't let certain things go for them and books ( or worse) our players for less . I sympathise with Ukraines plight as a country but that has to be left away from the park 

VAR should hopefully stop any outrageous, game-changing decisions. 

Danny Makkelie is the ref. He reffed the Rangers game against Sparta Prague last year and I don’t remember him making any terrible decisions. He’s a copper so hopefully he’ll be fair and level headed.