Starting 11 v Ukraine - Page 8 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Starting 11 v Ukraine

Malcolm

Theres a piece on BBC sports news with Clarke talking about the switch to a back 3. We were shipping far too many goals as a 4 and cruicially the players prefer the 3. Seems like he just had to sell the idea of the 2 wider CBs playing a slightly different role to the tradional CB.

Which is why Tierney and McTom are used there. Because they fit what he is trying to do tactically.

• Replies 682
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 5/26/2022 at 5:35 PM, thplinth said:

ead592133f945cd7da79e0563931ca47.png

i dunno, i would maybe pay money just to see people attempting to sing that gibberish. 😀 you could argue the whole of Scotland was annexed over 300 years ago. Who is singing for us.

Maybe they will bus in a few thousand John Redwoods?

10 hours ago, Scot1 said:

I think Campbell is a decent player; but I feel we have better options at right centre midfield. McGinn can play there, McTominay would be my 1st choice there in a 3 man midfield. Lewis Ferguson is a better player there, you could also play Turnbull there if needed and he’s also a better player. I think Campbell needs to be tried as a defensive / holding midfielder, I think that is where he could well shine.

Have you ever watched Campbell play?

Guest Scot1
8 hours ago, Scot1 said:

I’ve watched a few games involving Campbell with Luton over the season. And I do like his work rate but I get the feeling that he does run around like a headless chicken at times. He’s not as technically good as other players we have that also play right centre midfield. I think if you played him in front of the defence, in a season or two, if the penny drops and he develops the discipline and reading of the game required for the position, we could have a very good defensive/holding midfielder, a role/position in which, I feel, we are lacking.

Also watched him a few times for Motherwell and the U21’s. He’s not good enough to start ahead of the likes of McTominay, Turnbull, Ferguson, in my opinion, not on the right side of midfield. 

2 hours ago, Scot1 said:

Also watched him a few times for Motherwell and the U21’s. He’s not good enough to start ahead of the likes of McTominay, Turnbull, Ferguson, in my opinion, not on the right side of midfield. 

You do understand that Campbell has been called up as back up option don't you ? This isn't rocket science.

He's not going to just walk into the starting XI or take McTominay's place.

Guest Scot1
22 minutes ago, ErsatzThistle said:

You do understand that Campbell has been called up as back up option don't you ? This isn't rocket science.

He's not going to just walk into the starting XI or take McTominay's place.

I’m just giving my opinion / assessment of Campbell as a player. I’m happy enough for him to be brought in to add more depth to the squad considering the run of games coming up. But I don’t think he will feature in too many squads in the next few seasons. 
You never know though, hopefully he will prove me wrong and become a regular in squads.

Edited by Scot1

Just reading Oleg Blohkin, or whatever the fuck his name is, reckons the ukranians will roll Scotland over and then defeat Wales. His intersquad friendly was a high physical tempo and they are more than ready for Scotland in Glasgow this week. We will see about that ya cunt !!! I have said before, what is happening in Ukraine is heartbreaking, but I have not one bit of sympathy for their football club.. They have been granted time, preparation, and a training facility in Slovenia. You want Wales do yae??? Well there is 11 fuckin Scots on the park, and 50,000 of their  countryman in the terracings singing their fuckin hearts out at Hampden waiting for yae !! "COME AHEAD" !!!! ALBA GU BRATH..🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

14 minutes ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Just reading Oleg Blohkin, or whatever the fuck his name is, reckons the ukranians will roll Scotland over and then defeat Wales. His intersquad friendly was a high physical tempo and they are more than ready for Scotland in Glasgow this week. We will see about that ya cunt !!! I have said before, what is happening in Ukraine is heartbreaking, but I have not one bit of sympathy for their football club.. They have been granted time, preparation, and a training facility in Slovenia. You want Wales do yae??? Well there is 11 fuckin Scots on the park, and 50,000 of their  countryman in the terracings singing their fuckin hearts out at Hampden waiting for yae !! "COME AHEAD" !!!! ALBA GU BRATH..🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

national football team ; a club would be Dinamo Kiev

There was a damned annoying article in The Guardian talking up Ukraine and how they will get an overwhelming feeling of goodwill etc on Wednesday with everyone wishing them all the best and it is their right to win. I bet they won't be printing shite like that if they get through to World Cup to face England.

22 minutes ago, Caledonian Craig said:

There was a damned annoying article in The Guardian talking up Ukraine and how they will get an overwhelming feeling of goodwill etc on Wednesday with everyone wishing them all the best and it is their right to win. I bet they won't be printing shite like that if they get through to World Cup to face England.

They won't, fuck them and their anthem.. This is playing into their hands, so they think. I'll never forget their coaching staffs reaction when they drew Scotland. Jumping about celebrating, hugging each other.. Fuck them, I mean it. The war is awful, but it's no our fuckin problem. No sympathy from me Wednesday. Laugh at us will yae??????? We'll fuckin see who's laughin at the end ya cnuts !!!🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

11 hours ago, kumnio said:

Hope Robertson has sobered up by Wednesday.

Fuck knows what hes playing at. Could maybe kinda understand it if they had actually won. Not a good look for a captain less than 72hrs before a huge game.

One things for sure, he wouldn't be doing it if games were in reverse order.

I don't see what all the fuss is about.  He's a professional athlete in his 20s, he should be able to have a couple of bottles of beer after a long season and still be able to do his job three days later.  It's not as if he was staggering around blotto at 3am with a kebab in one hand a stripper in the other.  Storm in a teacup, IMO.

5 hours ago, Caledonian Craig said:

No chance; but then they are an English paper so it's to be expected.

On 5/26/2022 at 5:18 PM, vanderark14 said:

Wait till you see the fans in the Ukraine tartan................................. https://www.france24.com/en/live-news/20220504-ukrainian-tartan-proves-a-hit-in-scotland

Luckily, other tartans are available 🙈

http://www.staonlineshop.co.uk/products/520-russian-scottish-tartan-fabric.aspx

Probably need enough folk sinking Ukraine's anthem to drown out a few embarrassing boos.   UEFA will be all over us if there are any.

6 hours ago, Caledonian Craig said:

I don't blame any non Scots journalists for writing shit like that.

Shit like this on the other hand 

https://www.footballscotland.co.uk/spfl/other-football/graeme-souness-wants-scotland-lose-24096167?fs=e&s=cl

6 minutes ago, kumnio said:

British wanker.

He talks utter pish. I'm not sure how Ukraine winning the world cup sends a message to putin. If he's the psychotic monster we are told he is, I doubt he's going to give a fuck if Ukraine win the world cup or they win euro vision.

The best compliment a Scotland player can give them is buy giving during this match. 

23 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

I don't blame any non Scots journalists for writing shit like that.

Shit like this on the other hand 

https://www.footballscotland.co.uk/spfl/other-football/graeme-souness-wants-scotland-lose-24096167?fs=e&s=cl

He really is a dick!

I reckon the saint should pin that to his bedroom wall to get him fired up before heading down to Hampden. I’m a bit worried his heart’s not really in it. We don’t need half hearted supporters on Wednesday night.

28 minutes ago, Och Aye said:

So Souness thinks a lot of Scots will feel the same. Anyone ?

Fs and I thought I was too long in the tooth nowadays to get so riled about some twats comments 😄

If there are any fans thinking the same as souness, they should give up their tickets