Starting 11 v Ukraine - Page 6 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Starting 11 v Ukraine

Malcolm

• Replies 682
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 5/23/2022 at 11:26 PM, vanderark14 said:

Marshall was never that great, his heroics in the penalty shoot out have made him more popular in my opinion. 

He didn't even get in the derby squad, was offloaded to cover i injuries at qpr and was Shite while there. Thankfully we have Gordon as our number one. Ideally Marshall has one final flurry with good form so we have back up to give us confidence but I don't have any him at the moment.

Fair comment but he was the best we had (fit and available anyway) for a good while and never really let us down as far as I remember.

I will have no problem if Clarke keeps selecting Marshall as long as he is playing well for Hibs but aye Gordon is our best keeper by a long way at the moment. Pity he’s nearly as old as me. ☹️

22 hours ago, Tartan blood said:

I think we can drop the "cautiously" part, and just be optimistic. The fruits of our labour are in full display now. 

There is no way in hell at any time from 2000-2019 that a Scot starting in a European final wouldn't have been selected for a Scotland squad. Especially one as big as this. So it shows how deep our talent pool is that Wright hasn't been picked.

Furthermore; McLaughlin, Scottish cup final starter, plays for Rangers, not picked; James Forrest, Scottish player of the year in 2019, plays for Celtic, not picked; then you have the US based players, umpteen players in the English championship, and a dozen from the SPFL that likely would have been a shoe-in in yesteryear. 

I'm overwhelmingly optimistic.

All good points. Okay, you've convinced me. I'm optimistic about the future.

Andy Robertsons interview is good. He discusses how he has sympathy for Ukraine but during the game he and the players have to be ready to give everything against Ukraine and try to achieve their own dreams of playing at a world cup

37 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

Andy Robertsons interview is good. He discusses how he has sympathy for Ukraine but during the game he and the players have to be ready to give everything against Ukraine and try to achieve their own dreams of playing at a world cup

Where you see that? Is it from a while ago?

Edited by Jamessm238

2 minutes ago, Jamessm238 said:

Agreed, hope to not see any more comments about us lying down or giving them a bye. 

There will no doubt be the odd media gluepot with that kind of talk but I don't think the players will be thinking this way. 

4 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

Great player and good captain . Always comes across well in interviews.

15 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

They can ram that idea 🤣

As long as we beat them on the night that's all that matters, after that we wish them the very best & peace for their land.

20 minutes ago, thplinth said:

ead592133f945cd7da79e0563931ca47.png

i dunno, i would maybe pay money just to see people attempting to sing that gibberish. 😀 you could argue the whole of Scotland was annexed over 300 years ago. Who is singing for us.

More ‘virtue signalling pish’  get this in the bin. Shake hands pre match and then get fuckin tore intae them 👍

On 5/24/2022 at 10:53 AM, Alloa1878SC said:

Surprised hes taking 4 keepers but assume hes taken Marshall for an experienced backup for the Ukraine/Wales games in case Gordon gets injured or as someone says perhaps for a potential penalty shootout. Im also guessing the other 2 goalkeepers will be in for a shout of some game time in the NL. We need to blood younger keepers sooner rather than later after all.

Yeah, this really surprised me about why Gordon got 180 mins against Poland and Austria. I can't believe Clark or Kelly didn't get at least a half between them. I found that a really strange decision, if they aren't getting a shot in a friendly then realistically when are they going to get a chance. 

31 minutes ago, slasher said:

More ‘virtue signalling pish’  get this in the bin. Shake hands pre match and then get fuckin tore intae them 👍

Agreed but we need to send them a spoof version of the phonetic spelling of flower of Scotland. Like when people get the airport PA to say stupid / rude things using fake names. 😀

9 hours ago, slasher said:

Totally fuckin agree. Get it tae fuck !! Hammer right intae the cunts !!! 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿