U21s - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

U21s

Hertsscot

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, ErsatzThistle said:

If Calvin Ramsay is in the seniors, then has Clarke called time on Stephen O'Donnell ?

If Josh Doig is in the seniors, did Matt Targett turn down a call-up ?

The mysteries of life.

Yes Doig was also a noticeable absentee. Just wondering whether I'm reading too much into it.

1 minute ago, Caledonian Craig said:

No it would mean Ramsay is in for the injured Patterson with O'Donnell also in the squad.

Surely Ralston is in the full squad. He’s had an excellent season. For me he’s ahead of Ramsay by quite a distance 

Just now, ProudScot said:

Surely Ralston is in the full squad. He’s had an excellent season. For me he’s ahead of Ramsay by quite a distance 

He may very well be in the squad. I'd be very surprised if O'Donnell is not in the squad given the loss of Patterson already in that position. Clarke is not going into a run of massive fixtures with a set of right-wing backs with just one cap between them. No way.

1 hour ago, ErsatzThistle said:

If Calvin Ramsay is in the seniors, then has Clarke called time on Stephen O'Donnell ?

If Josh Doig is in the seniors, did Matt Targett turn down a call-up ?

The mysteries of life.

I'd ordinarily say that we have more than enough fullback cover to not even have Ramsay or Doig enter the conversation. Even with Patterson and Tierney being out. 

But the fact this is a (possible) quintuple header, Clarke maybe realises this would be the perfect time to call up a big squad and have a sort of make-shift preview of a World Cup squad. He'll be getting loads of quality time with them all

I fully expect Ralston, O'Donnell, Hickey, Taylor and Robertson to all get significant game time, so 1 or 2 extra players wouldn't go a miss.

• 3 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, Huddersfield said:

Not able to watch the game but how is Scott High getting on?

Doing well looks combative and getting about the pitch. Connor barron his sidekick in cm is best on pitch

8 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

Man of the Match, for me.

8 minutes ago, Bobby Russell's Lovechild said:

Supposedly brilliantly according to posters on Twitter

Great stuff

He's a very exciting prospect, bigger prospect than ramsay in my opinion

17 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

Great stuff

He's a very exciting prospect, bigger prospect than ramsay in my opinion

I see the Daily Record (twitter) linking him with Celtic. He did play very well but a lot of top performers