Ramsey penalty - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Ramsey penalty

thesaint

He'll find a way of getting his confidence back and IF we beat Ukraine he'll surely do something to knock us out. As gutted as he is, he's bound to get some stick right now (from Scottish football fans) which will just drive him on. 

No doubt far too many idiot Rangers fan will be supporting him anyway v us. 

2 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

I don't see any connection to his penalty last night and our potential match against wales.  Coming up with this prediction seems extremely far fetched and dramatic to me. 

Agreed.

If anything it is more likely to see him opt out of taking a penalty in such a shoot-out.

Just now, Caledonian Craig said:

Agreed.

If anything it is more likely to see him opt out of taking a penalty in such a shoot-out.

Also, I am not even thinking about the wales match. I believe the Ukraine tie will be the harder game. We will see a side more energised than anything we have faced before, it will be like how pumped we were against England last summer x 10. 

This doesn't mean the tie isn't winnable, if our players remain calm and stick to Clarke's plan, we will beat them

1 minute ago, vanderark14 said:

Also, I am not even thinking about the wales match. I believe the Ukraine tie will be the harder game. We will see a side more energised than anything we have faced before, it will be like how pumped we were against England last summer x 10. 

This doesn't mean the tie isn't winnable, if our players remain calm and stick to Clarke's plan, we will beat them

Yes they will be pumped but you can get over-pumped and that detracts your performance levels.

People who point to Ukraine having players plating in the EPL well from what I have heard West Ham are looking to offload their Ukrainian and Everton's cost them a point and a goal last weekend.

29 minutes ago, weekevie04 said:

He'll find a way of getting his confidence back and IF we beat Ukraine he'll surely do something to knock us out. As gutted as he is, he's bound to get some stick right now (from Scottish football fans) which will just drive him on. 

No doubt far too many idiot Rangers fan will be supporting him anyway v us. 

Don't know if Ramsey will be at the top of many Rangers fans Christmas card list. His time at ibrox has been a complete waste of time. 

1 hour ago, Tartan blood said:

Great timing for the World cup playoff. (For Scotland/Ukraine) Ramsey's confidence will be at an all time low. And he is still considered one of Wales' best players.

Wishful thinking. Both Ramsay and Bale have shown that regardless of how their form is at club level and how their perceived confidence is at club level when they turn out for Wales it's a completely different story.

You can guarantee that Ramsay will play 90 mins of the playoff final and look excellent for wales. If it gets to a penalty shootout then he'll take one and likely score.

9 minutes ago, Lion Rampant said:

Wishful thinking. Both Ramsay and Bale have shown that regardless of how their form is at club level and how their perceived confidence is at club level when they turn out for Wales it's a completely different story.

You can guarantee that Ramsay will play 90 mins of the playoff final and look excellent for wales. If it gets to a penalty shootout then he'll take one and likely score.

That's the point i was trying to make. Looks so pedestrian for Rangers, but wait and see  the    performance he puts in for Wales in the play of final, whether it be against us or Ukraine. 

22 minutes ago, Lion Rampant said:

You're probably right. I was only being half serious when I said his confidence will be at all time low.

Ramsey, like McFadden, turns it on at international level. So his club form is pretty much irrelevant. Rangers have just kept him match sharp for Wales really.

I was just looking at the Wales squad announcement, and it really is extremely weak in comparison to ours. With one obvious exception.

15 hours ago, thesaint said:

Bet you if we play Wales and it goes to penalties that billy big time Ramsey would score against us.No danger. 

To be honest being 1-0 down after Ramsey scoring the first penalty would be a half decent position to be in considering all the other alternatives 

4 hours ago, Caledonian Craig said:

Yes it would considering you have written us off beating Ukraine on the back of some random newspaper articles.

Show me where i wrote us off.I said it would make it harder for us,with all this pro Ukraine stuff.Never at anytime did i say we wouldn't win,only that it would make it extra diificult.

1 minute ago, thesaint said:

Show me where i wrote us off.I said it would make it harder for us,with all this pro Ukraine stuff.Never at anytime did i say we wouldn't win,only that it would make it extra diificult.

In that case then perhaps we can hear no more pant messing about what the press say. If the press have such an influence I suggest you bet your house now on them winning the World Cup.

39 minutes ago, Caledonian Craig said:

In that case then perhaps we can hear no more pant messing about what the press say. If the press have such an influence I suggest you bet your house now on them winning the World Cup.

Enough.This is a forum pal.If you can't take opposite opinions...then you know what you can do.You will hear as much as from me as i deem to put on the forum.You don't need to like it,but you will just need to put up with it.Catch my drift.

15 minutes ago, thesaint said:

Enough.This is a forum pal.If you can't take opposite opinions...then you know what you can do.You will hear as much as from me as i deem to put on the forum.You don't need to like it,but you will just need to put up with it.Catch my drift.

Opinions are fine it's these fanciful theories. Last night proved press cannot influence results. Rangers were bigged up and they lost. Catch my drift.

If we lose against Ukraine it will be because they won it on the pitch. If you are concerned that press getting into players' heads then we do not merit a place at the World Cup if we are that weak.

Edited by Caledonian Craig

2 minutes ago, Caledonian Craig said:

Opinions is one thing spamming a thread is another with outlandish theories about press influence. Last night proved press cannot influence results. Rangers were bigged up and they lost. Catch my drift.

If we lose against Ukraine it will be because they won it on the pitch. If you are concerned that press getting into players' heads then we do not merit a place at the World Cup of we are that weak.

Opinions are fine,as long as they are the same as yours.Ain't gone to happen.Not ever.

14 hours ago, thesaint said:

Opinions are fine,as long as they are the same as yours.Ain't gone to happen.Not ever.

No you are missing the point.

We are going into one of our biggest matches in decades and we need positivity not negativity which your posts are. First it was the press want us to lose to benefit Ukraine and it will influence the result and then it was Ramsey will come back and probably score a penalty that knocks us out. 

As I said on the other thread then how come Ukraine are not winning in all sports around the globe. I don't see Ukraine dominating world tennis all of a sudden or sweeping all before them in the Giro'Italia. Why? Because the theory is nonsense. If we lose against Ukraine there should be and will be excuses other than we lost fair and square.