Michelle Mone - Super Injuction? - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Michelle Mone - Super Injuction?

So I have always had a visceral dislike of Michelle Mone...  She was stuffed into the house of Lords shortly after the 2014 referendum.  An odd appointment.  I assumed it was to troll the SNP and supporters as her only contribution to politics up to that point were bitter rants on twitter against those in favor of independence.  Since being appointed she has only ever spoken in the Lords on x8 occasions.

Anyway : she is now slap bang at the centre of PPE scandal.  Basically her company bought £45 million of PPE from China that was immediately sold to the UK government for £200 million at peak of the covid crisis.  Even worse, the stuff she bought was sub standard and all of it had to be dumped... At the very best this is spectacular incompetence.  Police have recently raided her house to gather evidence. Potentially this is the kind of scandal that could / should bring a government down.  It certainly seems the corruption can be traced back to the very heart of government and the Tory party (see below).

The interesting thing, given implications, is that the BBC, nor Sky, C4 or ITV seem to be reporting the story.
Now : My best guess is that she has taken out a super injunction to prevent the plebs from reading about her dodgy PPE deals ?
Anyone remember the Ryan Gigs / Imogen Thomas case from 2011 ? 
The English papers were forbidden to carry the story.  However the injunction didn't extend to Scotland / Scots law.
Therefore the Scots press could carry the story. 
Well : look which paper has carried this story ? 😏

NEWLY released documents show that Michael Gove was involved in the negotiations through which a PPE company affiliated with Tory peer Michelle Mone managed to secure lucrative government contracts.
https://www.thenational.scot/news/20018060.leaked-emails-show-michael-gove-involved-lucrative-ppe-contracts-deal/

BBC refuses to say why it hasn't covered Tory peer Michelle Mone's London house raid
https://www.thenational.scot/news/20107509.bbc-refuses-say-hasnt-covered-tory-peer-michelle-mones-london-house-raid/

Edited by Haggis_trap

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure what this has to do with football but Michelle Mone almost certainly doesn’t  have a super injunction out as this is being pretty widely reported online.  The reason it’s not been reported by broadcast media at this point and the BBC in particular is most likely down to them being super careful in the wake of being successfully sued by Cliff Richard over their coverage of his arrest and the judgement in that libel case which gave a lot of emphasis to the rights to privacy of people under criminal investigation before charge. 

She is a hideous individual and quite possibly a sociopath

Her Wikipedia page is bad enough but it only shines a light on a fraction of her activities

She has gotten a mostly free ride from the media in Scotland which carried on to the rest of the UK because of her being an extreme Unionist

I cant help but feel that her extreme unionism is for the fear of being exposed as the fraud she is when she does not have the protection of the British State 

It certainly isnt for financial reasons as most of her business interests were shipped abroad to sweat shops

A parasite of the worst kind

Edited by Ally Bongo

to be fair to her, she is a successful business women who has created wealth and employment.  I suspect she is probably not easy to work for.

she saw an opportunity and went for it.  It’s the government who should be under scrutiny here.

4 minutes ago, Malcolm said:

to be fair to her, she is a successful business women who has created wealth and employment.

She created wealth for one person only, paid little tax in the UK,  and the majority of her employees work in China

11 minutes ago, Ally Bongo said:

She created wealth for one person only, paid little tax in the UK,  and the majority of her employees work in China

Manufacturing is a global business.  She had employees based in Scotland when she had MJM enterprises.

15 minutes ago, Malcolm said:

Manufacturing is a global business.  She had employees based in Scotland when she had MJM enterprises.

Michelle Mone faces fourth employment tribunal over claims of bullying and failure to pay wages

Again - the vast majority of her employees were not employed in the UK

1 hour ago, Malcolm said:

to be fair to her, she is a successful business women who has created wealth and employment.  I suspect she is probably not easy to work for.

she saw an opportunity and went for it.  It’s the government who should be under scrutiny here.

You've posted a lot of shite on here but this really tops it off. 🤣🤣🤣

10 hours ago, aaid said:

Not sure what this has to do with football but Michelle Mone almost certainly doesn’t  have a super injunction out as this is being pretty widely reported online.  The reason it’s not been reported by broadcast media at this point and the BBC in particular is most likely down to them being super careful in the wake of being successfully sued by Cliff Richard over their coverage of his arrest and the judgement in that libel case which gave a lot of emphasis to the rights to privacy of people under criminal investigation before charge. 

As I see it this story (a Lord using Tory party connections to defraud tax payer to tune of £200 mil) is arguably bigger than party-gate ?  I would love to know why the BBC / C4 / Sky / ITV aren't shining a light on what is being investigated...

Tory peer Michelle Mone secretly involved in PPE firm she referred to government
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2022/jan/06/tory-peer-michelle-mone-involved-ppe-medpro-government-contracts

11 hours ago, Malcolm said:

I tend to agree, if it wasn’t Mone, there would have been hundreds willing to do what she did. Fuck knows how many have made serious money during covid through nepotism and down right corruption etc. 

4 hours ago, Malcolm said:

basically your definition of that is a view that you don’t agree with.

No it's not, you just post constant shite. Youre 2nd only to ramy in the posting shite league. 

3 minutes ago, Malcolm said:

2nd to Ramy? Must try harder.

Tell me what I posted in this thread that was shit?  

You basically gave Mone a pass because she took a chance and others would have done the same. I disagree, only a complete cunt would take a chance like this. Both she and the government should get royally fucked for agreeing these contracts.

1 minute ago, vanderark14 said:

You basically gave Mone a pass because she took a chance and others would have done the same. I disagree, only a complete cunt would take a chance like this. Both she and the government should get royally fucked for agreeing these contracts.

so it’s not shite is it? It’s a point of view you don’t agree with.

if she has done something illegal then fine, she should face the consequences.  My understanding is that yes, she has contacts due to her profile, and then used these to secure a contract to supply PPE at a profit.  The fact it was not fit for purpose is down to the government not ensuring that the procurement process ensured it met requirements - not her fault.  You just don’t like someone using a privileged position to make money off the tax payer. The government is at fault here.

1 minute ago, Malcolm said:

if she has done something illegal then fine, she should face the consequences.  My understanding is that yes, she has contacts due to her profile, and then used these to secure a contract to supply PPE at a profit.  The fact it was not fit for purpose is down to the government not ensuring that the procurement process ensured it met requirements - not her fault.  You just don’t like someone using a privileged position to make money off the tax payer. The government is at fault here.

No, its both. I don't agree with it because its utter shite

Not her fault? are you really this dense? actually don't answer that. Its clear you are thick as mince. 

7 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

Not her fault? are you really this dense? actually don't answer that. Its clear you are thick as mince. 

Calling someone dense as they don’t agree with you shows you up to be lacking.  Im quite happy with my intellectual capability thanks and fairly well qualified academically.

You can go around stamping your feet calling peoples views shite if you like. I’m sure she knew what she was doing - if she operated within the law to make some cash then fair play. If she didn’t she will end up in court.  You might not like it, but we live in a capitalist economy where you take risk and make returns.

4 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

Its a right wing mindset thats says if there is something there for the taking then go for it, regardless of the morality. She could have used her position to highlight the shortcomings of the process to the government, instead she chose to capitalise on it. How anyone can justify her actions is beyond me. 

Just now, Malcolm said:

Calling someone dense as they don’t agree with you shows you up to be lacking.  Im quite happy with my intellectual capability thanks and fairly well qualified academically.

You can go around stamping your feet calling peoples views shite if you like. I’m sure she knew what she was doing - if she operated within the law to make some cash then fair play. If she didn’t she will end up in court.  You might not like it, but we live in a capitalist economy where you take risk and make returns.

There's only two posters I tend to call thick, you and ramy. I engage with loads of others on here in a civil manner.............others have said similar about you so perhaps you should ask yourself why that is. 

I am done debating this with you, anyone who can defend mone or her actions is for the watching IMO

14 minutes ago, Malcolm said:

£200 mio in PPE contracts is more than ‘some cash’ . 
I think you are on the wind up on here.

This thread  might be more suited  in the Anything Goes section right enough , I am getting giddy having posted twice in this section.

47 minutes ago, Malcolm said:

She first of all denied she’d recommended *any* companies through the VIP lane.  

Then it became apparent that she had recommended PPE Medpro and she claimed that all she’d done was pass their details on.  

Then it appeared that she’d been aggressively lobbying to get the contract signed off.   

Next she claimed she had no involvement in the company but evidence turned up that she was directly involved in the running of the company.

Now her husband has admitted he has a financial stake in PPE medpro.

PPE Medpro is a joint venture with a Chinese company that supplied the equipment, with Mones sitting in the middle and dealing with the NHS.  For that they took approximately half the value of the contract.

Somewhere in all that there’s almost certainly some illegal stuff going on and if there isn’t there fucking well should be.

As I said right from the beginning, if she has done something illegal she will face the consequences in court.  She has just done on a large scale what lots of chancers did during the early stages of the pandemic.  I heard stories of very small outfits such as pest controllers getting multi million government contracts to supply PPE.

don’t blame the entrepreneurs here - blame the government who if you remember we’re desperately short sighted and left themselves open to this due to their incompetence.

8 minutes ago, Malcolm said:

As I said right from the beginning, if she has done something illegal she will face the consequences in court.  She has just done on a large scale what lots of chancers did during the early stages of the pandemic.  I heard stories of very small outfits such as pest controllers getting multi million government contracts to supply PPE.

don’t blame the entrepreneurs here - blame the government who if you remember we’re desperately short sighted and left themselves open to this due to their incompetence.

How about blaming *both* the government *and* the profiteers, particularly those who were only able to get the contracts  because of their connections to the Tory party. 

27 minutes ago, aaid said:

How about blaming *both* the government *and* the profiteers, particularly those who were only able to get the contracts  because of their connections to the Tory party. 

people use their connections in business all the time. It’s the way of the world.