Dennis Waterman - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Massively popular actor in the times of 3 TV channels ( 2 channels if , like me, you were not a child intellectual).
The Sweeney and Minder both brilliant TV of their time. There cant be a person over the age of 55 that doesn’t know the words to this song. 

Edited by TDYER63

1 hour ago, TDYER63 said:

Massively popular actor in the times of 3 TV channels ( 2 channels if , like me, you were not a child intellectual).
The Sweeney and Minder both brilliant TV of their time. There cant be a person over the age of 55 that doesn’t know the words to this song. 

I would have been 11 and i got my Auntie to buy me the single when she took me into Glasgow one afternoon

He looked like death warmed up in New Tricks and i dont think the new teeth/falsers helped

Him and John Thaw did a power of smoking in The Sweeney and his character in Minder was a million miles away from his boozy lifestyle

3 hours ago, TDYER63 said:

never seen this vide before  -but know the song really well ..... back in the days when celebs didnt take themselves too seriously and times were generally simpler

just checking out his bio there ; as mentally was thinking bit of a gap between minder and new tricks .... which ive only recently seen re runs of , but seems to be pretty poor generally ?

= a captains tale - a cracking short film about liptons world cup - had forgotten about that til now - but the WAFC i recall - and tim healy from auf wiederhsen pet

19 hours ago, Auchinyell Sox Change said:

never seen this vide before  -but know the song really well ..... back in the days when celebs didnt take themselves too seriously and times were generally simpler

just checking out his bio there ; as mentally was thinking bit of a gap between minder and new tricks .... which ive only recently seen re runs of , but seems to be pretty poor generally ?

= a captains tale - a cracking short film about liptons world cup - had forgotten about that til now - but the WAFC i recall - and tim healy from auf wiederhsen pet

I quite liked New Tricks when it came out almost 20 years ago, it was easy watching but not in the league of The Sweeney or Minder.
I tend not to watch reruns of older favourite programmes anymore ,  as experience has left me disappointed 😕

Think i missed new tricks for some reason ; i moved out here in 2006 tho so a bit of a gap / catch up for a lot of stuff ( i only found Whitechapel last year but really liked it )

on last visit home ; when i had access to dave ja vu etc in hotels ; i d stick on professionals , minder etc for a trip down memory lane

the quality on normal/council tv does seem to be sadly lacking tho for new stuff

at home here we only have netflix / amazon prime / apple tv - no tv channels as such , news & sport etc-most channels rammed full of adverts - a 2 hr film would take 3 hrs.. so no real loss