Where do you live thread - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Where do you live thread

I live in a wee town called Bordon in Hampshire. Ex military town going through a massive regeneration right now. 

The town doesn't have much as a new town centre is being built right now.

I live opposite this nice woodland area. Great for walks and running 

0_JS222756130.jpg

Edited by vanderark14

1 hour ago, vanderark14 said:

I live in a wee town called Bordon in Hampshire. Ex military town going through a massive regeneration right now. 

The town doesn't have much as a new town centre is being built right now.

I live opposite this nice woodland area. Great for walks and running 

0_JS222756130.jpg

I was in Aldershot a few months back and hadn’t realised that the army had pulled out.  

That was all the place had going for it, it’s literally fucked now. 

8 minutes ago, aaid said:

I was in Aldershot a few months back and hadn’t realised that the army had pulled out.  

That was all the place had going for it, it’s literally fucked now. 

I was in aldershot on Saturday for their match v Notts County. I was pleasantly surprised at the atmosphere and quality of the game

I disagree with it being fucked. Like Bordon they will regenerate it and I believe there are already plans in place for this. 

I doubt there is anywhere on here that doesnt know I live in Bridge Of Weir. Famous for its tannery and homing a few Rangers footballers in the 90’s. A certain Mr McCoist still lives here.  A village of 2 halves, uphill for the footballers and downhill for the rest of us. 
Its a nice wee place though, doubt I will move . It has everything I will ever need within walking distance . 2 pubs , few cafes and restaurants, country path and a funeral director. 

Oh, and a river for the bridge. 

B2A392C5-4F12-49E0-BD5C-32104DCA8065.thumb.jpeg.c2797a1597bcbff74c7be85ea4aadd17.jpeg

Stay right next to Victoria Park in the West End of Glasgow.  Nice big park but they could do so much more with it in certain areas.  The best thing about it though is that it's not Kelvingrove so it doesn't attract the big crowds of weans and neds with their carry outs when the sun comes out.  God I sound like my old man!!

Victoria Park, Glasgow | Glasgow scotland, Glasgow park, Glasgow

10 hours ago, scottincarlisle said:

This was supposedly going to replace the welcome sign at the north end of the city.image.thumb.png.288b408a94103bf8b03cd8f0c9377d30.png

FFS! That’s the worst fake Scottish accent I’ve ever seen! 😆

For the last 30 years I've lived in a village called Linthwaite, 4 or 5 miles SW of Huddersfield. It's probably becoming more of a suburb these days as house-building has consumed loads of old farm land & a lot of the new houses are going to people who want to move into somewhere more rural from places like Manchester, Leeds & Merseyside as well as Huddersfield itself.

My house is to the bottom left, although hidden by trees. It's underneath the old mill (Titanic Mill) & close to the chapel you can see.

image.thumb.png.5834d5a4452bae73eaa439bed63e007f.png

Declining health though means I need to be somewhere flatter with better access to public transport, shops, pubs and the local football stadium (not necessarily in that order) so any day now I will be moving to a spot about a mile from the town centre.