French Election - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

There is no way Brexit will happen

There is no way Trump will get elected

There is no way Le Pen will get elected ?

Macron is worse than Hilary Clinton and it is an Easter Holiday in France

The stars seem to be aligning for Marine Le Pen

The repercussions cannot be overstated and France is a tinder box as it is

Surely not ?

2 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

His hairy chest might just be enough to swing it.

So you are saying you wouldnt podger Marine if she offered ?

Bet she would be really dirty and domineering

33 minutes ago, Ally Bongo said:

1/20 apparently now with 95% chance he wins.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/betting.betfair.com/politics/french-politics/french-presidential-election-odds-betting-and-analysis-220422-171.html%3famp=1

1 hour ago, derekfaejapan said:

The ‘Woke’ tears from the left will be absolutely delicious if Le Pen wins it.

Only a fanny would think that considering the implications that will affect everyone of an extreme far right party winning power anywhere , nevermind France

This is not a version of UKIP

3 hours ago, Ally Bongo said:

I don't have a vote, so my guess is based purely on who I think the French public would like to podger.

I used to work with the French and if ever there was a country where they don’t like rules applying to them, it’s there. Really do have a idgaf attitude.  Part of me respects that, but I do have a concern that a fairly far right government would be a bad thing.  The European Union will be over should le pen win.

40 minutes ago, derekfaejapan said:

Ok, what are the implications?

Well lets start with "woke tears from the left" - Who are you referring to ?

Would that be people who advocate tolerance and decency for all ?   So it would be delicious that policies of discrimination and intolerance will be foisted on parts of the population ?

Because thats what happens if a far right party gets into power,  and we dont need history to see how that will likely end - just look at the not so small print on Le Pen's proposals.

It amounts to a coup d'etat

As we all know France is ripe for serious civil unrest which could lead to many deaths - the impact being felt throughout Europe

It will almost certain lead to France leaving the EU as her proposals go against membership treaties - the economic impact will hit all Europe

18 minutes ago, Ally Bongo said:

Well lets start with "woke tears from the left" - Who are you referring to ?

I'm referring to 'woke crybabies' on the left...

The same people who told us 'Brexit' (I was against Brexit) would lead to open, acceptable racism in the UK...That never happened.

The same people who told us Donald Trump is the most racist man on earth (worse than Hitler) and that the USA would become a playground for white supremacists to shoot brown/black people every day...That ever happened.

Don't worry about France...If Le Pen wins this, all of the nonsense you predict won't ever happen.

15 minutes ago, weekevie04 said:

Yes.

I seen big burly people from the Borders turning away Macron voters too. Not good.

🤣👍

I don't think Le Pen will win, she's got close a few times before but the French have pulled back from the brink at the last minute.

Then again, like the OP said, perceived wisdom was that Boris Johnson could never become PM, Trump could never become POTUS and Brexit wouldn't happen, so who knows. 🤷‍♂️

4 minutes ago, scotlad said:

🤣👍

I don't think Le Pen will win, she's got close a few times before but the French have pulled back from the brink at the last minute.

Then again, like the OP said, perceived wisdom was that Boris Johnson could never become PM, Trump could never become POTUS and Brexit wouldn't happen, so who knows. 🤷‍♂️

Likewise.

It might be tighter than 10% between them, but I cannot see her getting any more than 47% -at a very push. It might well be like the Brexit vote on a great night for Le Pen (albeit her losing).

Find out in an hour and a bit or so, I suppose.

Happy to come back and say my instincts are shite in a few hours if she does win.

28 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

Do you mean 66%?

Or, are you just joining in with the Talking Bollocks Brigade?

Joined in with the TB brigade

Always look at the small print - schoolboy error

19 minutes ago, weekevie04 said:

26% turnout was at midday.

It'll be somewhere between 65-73%