Clyde On The Road (Again) - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Clyde On The Road (Again)

So that's Clyde & NLC parting company after 26 years,, this Saturday against Airdrie will be our last ever game at Cumbernauld, we should have had Broadwood at least half full every 2nd week (which would be crowds of 4000), but from the very start we always insisted we where still,  and always would be a Glasgow club (the club is at fault mainly for this) so hardly the local population of Cumbernauld's fault.

Nothing confirmed yet about where in the city we will move back to, but it would make sense to go back to the south east of the city as there is still lots of Clyde fans in the Rutherglen / Bridgeton / Castlemilk areas.

Some old romantics (probably like me 🤣) would love us to go back to our home (Shawfield), but sadly the old place needs flattened !!

Anyhow ground share with Hamilton for the next season or two.

Come Away The Clyde !!    Mon The Bully Wee !!!

33 minutes ago, glasgow jock said:

It's been brewing for a few seasons, but yes the Goodwillie situation ended the relationship.

So that essentially was either the straw that broke the camel’s back or gave NLC the out they needed.

Ironic that he appears to be the only person who hasn’t paid a price for his behaviour.

29 minutes ago, aaid said:

So that essentially was either the straw that broke the camel’s back or gave NLC the out they needed.

Ironic that he appears to be the only person who hasn’t paid a price for his behaviour.

Agree with you mostly there Aaid - BUT NLC where not so principled the previous 4 season that he played for us ? (BTW Clyde support has always been split over the DGW situation)

6 minutes ago, glasgow jock said:

Agree with you mostly there Aaid - BUT NLC where not so principled the previous 4 season that he played for us ? (BTW Clyde support has always been split over the DGW situation)

I think - rightly or wrongly - he was flying under the radar at Clyde.  Had he just stayed there then I doubt anything would’ve been said, unless they started to climb the leagues perhaps.  

• 3 weeks later...

Shameful opportunism from NLC. No surprise that they jumped aboard this bandwagon in the run up to an election. I see that despite losing they are trying to cobble together another grubby coalition with the Tories and wriggle into power again. 

Hopefully Clyde get sorted with a short term lease at Airdrie or Hamilton before finding their way back to their natural habitat in the Southside @glasgow jock 👍

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/22/2022 at 5:06 AM, glasgow jock said:

So that's Clyde & NLC parting company after 26 years,, this Saturday against Airdrie will be our last ever game at Cumbernauld, we should have had Broadwood at least half full every 2nd week (which would be crowds of 4000), but from the very start we always insisted we where still,  and always would be a Glasgow club (the club is at fault mainly for this) so hardly the local population of Cumbernauld's fault.

Nothing confirmed yet about where in the city we will move back to, but it would make sense to go back to the south east of the city as there is still lots of Clyde fans in the Rutherglen / Bridgeton / Castlemilk areas.

Some old romantics (probably like me 🤣) would love us to go back to our home (Shawfield), but sadly the old place needs flattened !!

Anyhow ground share with Hamilton for the next season or two.

Come Away The Clyde !!    Mon The Bully Wee !!!

Is queens park not closer - i saw they were playing at firhill this season tho