Port Vale - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Just thought I would put a word out for this community club who draw their support from mainly around Burslem and the northern areas of Stoke on Trent. After many years in league 2 they now have a decent shot at promotion. 

Their floodlights can be seen from miles around and their pitch was once the largest playing surfaces in the football league. They do a lot of good work in very deprived area of the country. 

Their ground is around 18 miles from me but I work in Hanley, Stoke on Trent. 

• 1 month later...
On 4/8/2022 at 7:47 AM, EddardStark said:

Just thought I would put a word out for this community club who draw their support from mainly around Burslem and the northern areas of Stoke on Trent. After many years in league 2 they now have a decent shot at promotion. 

Their floodlights can be seen from miles around and their pitch was once the largest playing surfaces in the football league. They do a lot of good work in very deprived area of the country. 

Their ground is around 18 miles from me but I work in Hanley, Stoke on Trent. 

I remember a derby where I couldn't get tickets so went in the Vale end instead and I'd have been 18. Stoke scored and I jumped up then remembered where I was and tried to style it out by pretending I needed a pee.

Thought I'd got away with it until realised a huge bastard was following me.  Longest walk ever to the toilets and was taking me all my strength to control my bowels. 

Gets to the bogs and there's no way out so clench my fists to go out swinging. 

Bloke comes in and he's fucking massive but starts laughing as he'd jumped up too and was pretending go for a piss and all but then says two blokes were following him.

So I'm standing slightly behind him hoping they're more my size than his. They come in normal sized and obviously shitting in too because they end up being Stoke fans and all. By the time I left must have been 10 Stoke fans in there.

Luckily I was out early enough to see stewards and police in consultation so I moved seats - five minutes later they're pretty much dragging the rest of the toilet x out the door.

Can you pm me a picture of you eating an oatcake with cheese dripping off your chin please- nothing sexual but I just really miss them!

1 hour ago, ThistleWhistle said:

I remember a derby where I couldn't get tickets so went in the Vale end instead and I'd have been 18. Stoke scored and I jumped up then remembered where I was and tried to style it out by pretending I needed a pee.

Thought I'd got away with it until realised a huge bastard was following me.  Longest walk ever to the toilets and was taking me all my strength to control my bowels. 

Gets to the bogs and there's no way out so clench my fists to go out swinging. 

Bloke comes in and he's fucking massive but starts laughing as he'd jumped up too and was pretending go for a piss and all but then says two blokes were following him.

So I'm standing slightly behind him hoping they're more my size than his. They come in normal sized and obviously shitting in too because they end up being Stoke fans and all. By the time I left must have been 10 Stoke fans in there.

Luckily I was out early enough to see stewards and police in consultation so I moved seats - five minutes later they're pretty much dragging the rest of the toilet x out the door.

Can you pm me a picture of you eating an oatcake with cheese dripping off your chin please- nothing sexual but I just really miss them!

I don’t like cheese or oatcakes. Sorry😊