Stolen Flag - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Stolen Flag

albamikey

14 hours ago, albamikey said:

This flag was stolen tonight from the West Stand. If anyone happens to see it tonight and can get their hands on it please message me. Absolutely gutted! 

F675144D-9D68-44CA-83F9-49868E33EABC.jpeg

How did they manage to sneak away with that. It's a good sized flag. How did nobody see them untying it from wherever it was attached to. Must have cost a few quid to get made. Bastards. 

On 3/24/2022 at 10:28 PM, thplinth said:

Well I am going to guess a picture of it being held upside down by Polish fans will explain it. 

Thought that was when opposition fans had a rammy and one lot stole a flag as a sort of ridiculous trophy. Not sure what kind of kudos they would receive when they were asked how they got it... we sneaked up and untied it from a fence when nobody was looking...FEARLESS.

1 hour ago, thesaint said:

Thought that was when opposition fans had a rammy and one lot stole a flag as a sort of ridiculous trophy. Not sure what kind of kudos they would receive when they were asked how they got it... we sneaked up and untied it from a fence when nobody was looking...FEARLESS.

That's how it should work, but if the fans in question are cowards and pussies...

I remember a wee group of Rangers fans pinching a flag after a game against Thistle at Firhill a few seasons ago (the flag was one of several that was always left hanging in the ground and unguarded).

The owners of the flag turned up at Ibrox a couple of months later and, minus their original flag, decided to improvise with a 'Yes Scotland' saltire and Catalan flag (club colours, so relevant) for which they were turfed out of the ground. 🤷‍♂️

2 hours ago, thesaint said:

I know the last time in Poland a few flags were nicked. They usually post them online upside down then video them being set on fire.

Some think its just a bit of fun decorating a town square with flags but some locals take offence to it so some of the young ones take it to task to remove them

22 minutes ago, scottincarlisle said:

I know the last time in Poland a few flags were nicked. They usually post them online upside down then video them being set on fire.

Some think its just a bit of fun decorating a town square with flags but some locals take offence to it so some of the young ones take it to task to remove them

It is a bit of fun, and only wee fandans would think otherwise.

(Mine got pinched BTW). Have the upside down on internet photo. Was sat in a bar on the Main Street in Warsaw.

Their fans we utter RSoles at Hampden last time too. Sounds like not much has changed. 

Mon the Swedes!

J

1 hour ago, scottincarlisle said:

Aye but what offence can  be taken at a Scottish flag in Scotland. In what way can that offend anybody. If it was poles, then they were cowardly asseholes. Especially since all the poles i came into contact with actually live amongst us in Scotland. Aye Poland is that great that you cant wait to get out of the f..king place. 

2 hours ago, thesaint said:

Aye but what offence can  be taken at a Scottish flag in Scotland. In what way can that offend anybody. If it was poles, then they were cowardly asseholes. Especially since all the poles i came into contact with actually live amongst us in Scotland. Aye Poland is that great that you cant wait to get out of the f..king place. 

I was referring to what happened in Warsaw not Glasgow.

Also Poland is a great country to visit.

Poland fans ended Flat Earth and Lamia's hampden visits when they stole their seats at half time and the Scottish police / SFA would do nothing about it. (apologies if you have been back since) 

That is what they do, like stealing the flags, to show how powerless you are against it. They muscled up and we muscled out.

Edited by thplinth

13 minutes ago, scottincarlisle said:

I was referring to what happened in Warsaw not Glasgow.

Also Poland is a great country to visit.

I know,but you were making the point that they were offended by our flags in Warsaw,so they nicked them.I was making the point of why did they nick our flag in Glasgow.What's the excuse for that.How can they be offend by us putting our flags out in Glasgow?Fuds,plain and simple.As for Poland being a great country to visit.....why don't they try it.I'm sure they would love it.

4 minutes ago, thplinth said:

Poland fans ended Flat Earth and Lamia's hampden visits when they stole their seats at half time and the Scottish police / SFA would do nothing about it. (apologies if you have been back since) 

That is what they do, like stealing the flags, to show how powerless you are against it. They muscled up and we muscled out.

They certainly didn't muscle up last Thursday.More like crept up when nobody was looking,and sneaked off with it.

4 minutes ago, thesaint said:

I know,but you were making the point that they were offended by our flags in Warsaw,so they nicked them.I was making the point of why did they nick our flag in Glasgow.What's the excuse for that.How can they be offend by us putting our flags out in Glasgow?Fuds,plain and simple.As for Poland being a great country to visit.....why don't they try it.I'm sure they would love it.

A lot of the Poles that live in the UK can be a bit arrogant at matches but if you travel about Poland they are fine.

Well nick a Scotland flag when I'm about, I'll knock their fuckin teeth out.. Alba Gu Brath...🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

On 3/24/2022 at 10:23 PM, albamikey said:

This flag was stolen tonight from the West Stand. If anyone happens to see it tonight and can get their hands on it please message me. Absolutely gutted! 

F675144D-9D68-44CA-83F9-49868E33EABC.jpeg

Is that the guy from BBC Breakfast Sport 3rd from the left?

17 hours ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Well nick a Scotland flag when I'm about, I'll knock their fuckin teeth out.. Alba Gu Brath...🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

Good man. 

16 hours ago, Caledonian Craig said:

Who saw the Poland flag hanging in the corner of the West Stand with Carlisle written on it?

I saw it was in their section, along with one with Glasgow on it. Lets face it...their support was basically uk based poles.There is nearly a million of them.