u17 Elite Round - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

u17 Elite Round

er yir macaroon

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

34 minutes ago, er yir macaroon said:

Drew 2-2 with Czech Republic after being 2 nil down. Two goals for Rory Wilson - a name we’ll hear a lot more in the months ahead.

Piss poor that this and the u19s v Turkey not being broadcast. 

Who does Rory Wilson play with? Sounds promising.. 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

It is promising the amount of Scottish youngsters there are waiting in the wings to breakthrough. Certainly so much more than 5 to 10 years ago. And with the amount of home-grown talent recently that have moved into the big time a platform has been built and trust/confidence in Scottish youngsters will only grow even more.

11 minutes ago, Caledonian Craig said:

It is promising the amount of Scottish youngsters there are waiting in the wings to breakthrough. Certainly so much more than 5 to 10 years ago. And with the amount of home-grown talent recently that have moved into the big time a platform has been built and trust/confidence in Scottish youngsters will only grow even more.

This is fantastic news Craig. Why do you think we are so much better now at young Scottish talent coming through as opposed to 5 or 10 year ago?. Coaching, scouting, football acadamies? 

2 minutes ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

This is fantastic news Craig. Why do you think we are so much better now at young Scottish talent coming through as opposed to 5 or 10 year ago?. Coaching, scouting, football acadamies? 

I'd say the better grassroots infrastructure and coaching at entry levels has improved a great deal from where it was before. Greater investment is bearing fruit.

1 hour ago, mccaughey85 said:

Yeh great start. Perhaps lowry should be playing u21s, hes maybe too good for the u19s.

He probably is but I hope Elliot Anderson will get a game for the u21s (similar position). A Newcastle fan I know claims he’s 100% Scotland, although I’m sceptical. There’s no doubt he’s a good player and I’d like to see him commit to us. 

54 minutes ago, er yir macaroon said:

He probably is but I hope Elliot Anderson will get a game for the u21s (similar position). A Newcastle fan I know claims he’s 100% Scotland, although I’m sceptical. There’s no doubt he’s a good player and I’d like to see him commit to us. 

I read a report yesterday suggesting England are going to move to persuade him to commit to play for them.

28 minutes ago, Caledonian Craig said:

I read a report yesterday suggesting England are going to move to persuade him to commit to play for them.

There wasn’t much substance to it, so I hope it was just speculative bullshit. It’s a good sign he’s with our u21s but he might be one to fast track to the first team, especially given he’s built like a young Gascoigne. 

1 hour ago, er yir macaroon said:

There wasn’t much substance to it, so I hope it was just speculative bullshit. It’s a good sign he’s with our u21s but he might be one to fast track to the first team, especially given he’s built like a young Gascoigne. 

Fingers crossed he sticks with us.

Another positive of us doing so much better than a few years ago is that more youngsters are likely to stick with us as we seem to be going places at last.

21 minutes ago, Toepoke said:

U17s thump Georgia to qualify for the finals, well done lads 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 👍

I posted something on the u21 thread earlier today because of the contrast with this age group. I was impressed with the u17s today, played like a team and some talented individuals.

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/29/2022 at 9:10 PM, Hertsscot said:

I posted something on the u21 thread earlier today because of the contrast with this age group. I was impressed with the u17s today, played like a team and some talented individuals.

On the way back from Scotland v Spain ladies there was a girl behind us on the bus telling her mate about her trial to get into the local performance school and how the training fits in with the schooling.  Bit weird earwigging in on a teenage girl's conversation but was interesting and hopefully points to the SFA getting something right especially as we seem to have more coming through.  Although there will be ups and downs hopefully its more consistent a flow too.    

3 minutes ago, syecosse said:

Squad for the finals named no Doak or Sharpe, Wilson is in there and a couple from Man U. 

Doak must be injured? Is he eligible for any other country? 2 players from Queens Park is interesting. 3 from DUFC is good to see. Rory McLeod very highly regarded and recently became youngest ever United player at 6 days after his 16th birthday. 

3 hours ago, GHfaeGTA said:

Doak must be injured? Is he eligible for any other country? 2 players from Queens Park is interesting. 3 from DUFC is good to see. Rory McLeod very highly regarded and recently became youngest ever United player at 6 days after his 16th birthday. 

Just read that Doak is injured, not sure about Sharpe(highly rated down in England so maybe they have approached him)