u21 squad double header - Page 2 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

u21 squad double header

Hertsscot

2 hours ago, er yir macaroon said:

I saw the last two minutes. A howler from the keeper was the third last touch of the ball. We really are poor at u21. 

Struggle to see who might make the step up from the current U21s.

Maybe Ramsey although ive not been impressed by him over last few months. 

20 minutes ago, Diamond Scot said:

Campbell of Hibs looks good but I forget which squad he’s in. Barron looks quite good too, but I’ve not seen enough to be sure. Banks highly rated but not match fit. I think that’s about it. 

48 minutes ago, 0Neils40yarder said:

...and to think folk questioned Hickeys judgement by not wanting to be involved in this squad

Don't blame him from what I saw! Just got back from watching the u17s (sloped off early again).

Impressive stuff. Had a shape, competed for challenges, not perfect (could still work on technical ability and some decision making) but actually looked like a decent team who know what they're meant to be doing. Doak took his two goals well, liked McArthur at the back and had a functioning midfield. Much better than the u21 s even allowing for different class of opponents.

15 hours ago, Hertsscot said:

Don't blame him from what I saw! Just got back from watching the u17s (sloped off early again).

Impressive stuff. Had a shape, competed for challenges, not perfect (could still work on technical ability and some decision making) but actually looked like a decent team who know what they're meant to be doing. Doak took his two goals well, liked McArthur at the back and had a functioning midfield. Much better than the u21 s even allowing for different class of opponents.

The way I see the u21s is that the players likely to become internationals have probably already been called up, unless they have been promoted to the u21s at a younger age, like Ramsay. Let's not forget Gilmour, Patterson and Hickey are all still eligible for the u21s. Do we think the u21s would be getting battered with those 3 in the team?

17 hours ago, Diamond Scot said:

There was early season hype on Ramsay but can’t say there’s been much to shout about any live games I’ve seen him playing in for quite a few months now.